Army of Two : The Devil's Cartel

• Page

of 1

Previous Next
  • Ultrasoundwave 14 Mar 2013 13:06:35 3,386 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    The trilogy is complete on the 28th of March.

The AOT games arent the best games ever created, personally i had a lot of fun with them though, particularly the second game. Heres the blurb for The Devil's Cartel :

The originator of tactical co-op is back! Developed by Visceral Games, the award-winning creators of Dead Space, Army of TWO The Devilís Cartel delivers an immersive and unique 3rd-person co-op action-shooter thatís built on the new Frostbite 2 engine for maximum destruction. You and your partner must shoot and destroy anything in your path to take down a violent drug cartel thatís taken over Mexico. In gripping partner-based missions, each player must tackle and overcome individual objectives to achieve a common goal. The more effective your teamwork, the greater the reward as the new Overkill mode gives you devastating power for truly epic mass destruction! Experience this explosive action-blockbuster campaign in two-player local split-screen or online co-op!

KEY FEATURES
    SHOOT-AND-DESTROY TACTICAL CO-OP - Work together and perform challenging strategic maneuvers with your friend in a true two-player co-op experience with flanking, dual-breach, riot-shield attacks, and much more
    UNLEASH THE ULTIMATE DESTRUCTIVE POWER OF OVERKILL - Build up your Overkill meter by performing cooperative maneuvers and unleash it with your partner to take destruction to a whole new level
    CHALLENGE A POWERFUL AND RUTHLESS MEXICAN DRUG CARTEL - Experience a grim but relevant story set in a modern Mexico thatís been torn apart by the drug war
    CUSTOMIZE YOUR CHARACTER FOR EXPLOSIVE ACTION - Use the powerful customization tools to outfit Alpha and Bravo with personalized tactical gear to prepare for a dangerous, action-packed mission to end the cartelís ruthless reign
    A preview from IGN sounds promising, trailer is below :

"The worst part is, I'll have to have the break-up sex with myself!"

• SClaw 14 Mar 2013 13:08:33 826 posts
    Seen 9 months ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    So... more of the same? But louder I guess. Why not.
  • Ultrasoundwave 14 Mar 2013 13:11:09 3,386 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Only major differences between this one and the first two seem to be the Frostbite engine and Visceral on development duties instead of EA Montreal.

Both are positive differences though IMO.

• Whizzo 14 Mar 2013 13:12:34 43,264 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    The originator of tactical co-op is back!
    Fuck me does EA actually believe the rubbish they put out in press releases?

This space left intentionally blank.

• krushing 14 Mar 2013 13:13:57 777 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Was the second one any good? Only played the first game, which was very forgettable, if not outright bad.
  • Humperfunk 14 Mar 2013 13:14:21 2,359 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @Ultrasoundwave

Think the two guys from the first two games have been booted out for new characters too I believe

PSN, XBL & NNID: Wedjwants

• King_Edward 14 Mar 2013 13:14:31 11,466 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Meeeeeeeeeeeeeh!

Quite liked the first one actually.
  • Ultrasoundwave 14 Mar 2013 13:19:18 3,386 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    krushing wrote:
    Was the second one any good? Only played the first game, which was very forgettable, if not outright bad.
    For my money, the 40th Day was a MUCH better game.

Not a GOTY contender or anything, but much more polished and enjoyable than the first game.

• DUFFMAN5 14 Mar 2013 14:01:57 15,199 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    So you started a thread anyway Mr Wave ;)

I played through the (very short) demo twice. It is lots of shouty, dumb fun. The AI is good when playing sp and the gunplay is fun.

"Duffman the grey is thrusting in the direction of the problem! Oh, yeah!"

• Scurrminator 14 Mar 2013 14:15:09 8,454 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    As I said in the other thread - really enjoyed the demo!

You dare to strike Scurrcules!?

• Deleted user 18 March 2013 17:43:54
    Tried the demo in single player and split screen and got to say i quite like it. Looks nice on Frostbite and the shooting feels tight. Gonna pick this one up i think.
  • StaffyDog 18 Mar 2013 18:09:47 271 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    The second one was a massive improvement on the first which I had a blast on both. The demo was very good.
  • DUFFMAN5 26 Mar 2013 09:59:03 15,199 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @Ultrasoundwave

Morning
    I notice you are getting this (shopto thread) I should have it soon via Lovefilm if you fancy some co-op let me know :)
    ...assuming you are getting on 360.

• Ultrasoundwave 26 Mar 2013 10:16:16 3,386 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @DUFFMAN5

Yeah duff, this is (hopefully) on its way to me as we speak. I thought the demo was excellent and i've been waiting for a good co-op game - i'll be on the 360 version.

• gooner77 26 Mar 2013 10:32:48 853 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Anyone know when the reviews are up ? Hopefully it's been dispatched already by Shopto but would like to know what the consensus is anyway
  • DUFFMAN5 26 Mar 2013 10:58:12 15,199 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Ultrasoundwave wrote:
    @DUFFMAN5

Yeah duff, this is (hopefully) on its way to me as we speak. I thought the demo was excellent and i've been waiting for a good co-op game - i'll be on the 360 version.
    ...and they have posted Bioshock! :) ...hard to be upset about that.
    when I get through that and send back I will get AoT (I only have 2 games at a time on the list, I only use lovefilm for latest releases)
    If you are still playing, we can get some co-op in.

I look forward to reading the feedback on the thread

• Ultrasoundwave 26 Mar 2013 14:23:53 3,386 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Incredibly positive first review is here.

Almost seems a bit "too positive" though.......

• BigDaddy82 26 Mar 2013 14:26:18 65 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Not exactly very professionally written, is it. I'll hold off until a proper website reviews it :)
  • Ultrasoundwave 26 Mar 2013 14:33:40 3,386 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Yeah im not convinced myself either.

Quite curious when the proper reviews will go up though....?

• Ultrasoundwave 27 Mar 2013 15:08:43 3,386 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Only one review up on Metacritic so far and its another positive one.

Considering this game is out in two days, i was expecting to see it plastered everywhere (knowing EA) but i'm quite surprised at the lack of coverage its getting.

• gooner77 27 Mar 2013 15:22:47 853 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Ultrasoundwave wrote:
    Only one review up on Metacritic so far and its another positive one.

Considering this game is out in two days, i was expecting to see it plastered everywhere (knowing EA) but i'm quite surprised at the lack of coverage its getting.
    and 19 posts in the dedicated EG thread this close to release day suggests a major lack of interest. Which is a shame as I quite like the AO2 games. Lets hope you can still do fist bumps and air guitars in co-op
  • Darth_Flibble 27 Mar 2013 18:16:17 1,765 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    2 reviews and the new one is 60%, the lack of reviews is bad sign. But I'm expecting another ok shooter, quickly forgotten about but rental only

the user reviews on MC are always good for a laugh
  • Ultrasoundwave 28 Mar 2013 08:39:22 3,386 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Shopto got this to me yesterday but, due to a combination of Bioshock and Great British Menu, i didnt get around to trying it out.

Another positive review has come along though, which says what most of the early reviews have said : Takes the existing formula, refines it and creates a fun game to play with Frostbite 2 being particularly impressive.

• gooner77 29 Mar 2013 00:13:47 853 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I've played it for a couple of hours in private online co-op with my brother and I rather like it. Yes it is glitchy and a tad bland but it is satisfying as a no frills shooter. Be aware that you will have to download a 1.5 gb 'HD content package' and it comes with an EA Season pass code... oh and a 4mb day 1 patch.

Neither of these were mentioned in the review that said there wasn't much to be said about the game.

When I first saw the EG review I regretted the purchase initially bt decided to give it a go and am glad I did, for me its a solid 7/0

I have played the first two AO2 games a lot... just so you know where I'm coming from but in all honesty its not a Day 1 £40 purchase by any means........whoops

Edited by gooner77 at 00:14:36 29-03-2013
  • DUFFMAN5 5 Apr 2013 13:09:10 15,199 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Cuntybollox, just got via Lovefilm rental, and the game needs a pass to play coop online.
    It's one and only ups is the fact it is a coop shooter. It is like being charged for a pitch pass in FIFA.

Looks like I'm playing with Ai then :-(

Edited by DUFFMAN5 at 13:09:34 05-04-2013

• xero521 5 Apr 2013 17:58:45 202 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @DUFFMAN5 i also got this via lovefilm,tbh the ai is quite good and im enjoying it so far lots of explosions! Spit screen is good too
  • DUFFMAN5 5 Apr 2013 19:24:09 15,199 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @xero521
    Good stuff, I enjoyed the demo. Didn't really like the first AoT, not even sure if I played the second for more than a matter of minutes, but the demo of this one was enough fun to make me want to play/try the full game.

I do think a game that is ALL about co-op should come without a online pass...to get a co-op partner though.

• Deleted user 5 April 2013 19:27:54
    Scurrminator wrote:
    As I said in the other thread - really enjoyed the demo!
    I only just played the demo and I liked it a lot. The first Army of Two game wasn't any good, and the follow up wasn't much better, but Devil's Cartel is a game I'll buy :)
  • Page

of 1

Previous Next