Future releases - Not many

• Page

of 3 First / Last

Previous
  • neil74 11 Mar 2013 22:58:38 2,306 posts
    Seen 4 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I have been looking up the vitas release radar and it looking pretty barren with only 4 or so games with a date and another 3 or 4 TBC. Given how long it takes to develop games this is pretty worrying.

Is this really all there is or are there more likely to come out of the woodwork?
  • elvenscroll 11 Mar 2013 23:16:15 1,381 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    http://m.uk.ign.com/games/upcoming/vita

I wouldn't usually link to IGN, but there is plenty on the way.

Edited by elvenscroll at 23:16:32 11-03-2013

NNID/PSN - Chipworm

• H1ggyLTD 11 Mar 2013 23:39:05 1,664 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    A lack of triple-A titles maybe, but that's not what i bought it for.
  • neil74 12 Mar 2013 08:29:34 2,306 posts
    Seen 4 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Had not seen that list, thanks.

I still maintain that some PS2 or PS3 ports would not be a bad thing, the vita needs numbers IMO.
  • santashi 12 Mar 2013 08:38:18 5,091 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    There was an article a few days ago (linked from EG main site) to some Sony person saying that they had a bunch of games in development that they weren't going to reveal just yet. Or something like that. The article was mainly speculation on what the titles could be (eg. the rumoured AC game).

Is it just me or are there a silly amount of games coming out on 25th April in Japan? I wonder if one or two might get pushed back so as not to compete.

Edit: Actually, to be fair, there are other days that have a bunch of Vita releases coming out, but I was blanking games that we're getting too like DoA. :p

Edited by santashi at 08:42:15 12-03-2013

PSN ID: finn1
    3DS: 3497-0005-6756

• Gregolution 12 Mar 2013 09:02:26 3,175 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    H1ggyLTD wrote:
    A lack of triple-A titles maybe, but that's not what i bought it for.
    There are a few triple A titles this year. Killzone mercenary, Tearaway and Soul Sacrifice.
  • Gregolution 12 Mar 2013 09:12:27 3,175 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Looking at that list, I'm reminded of Warriors Lair again. I was so looking forward to that game at release.... where is it!?
  • kalel 12 Mar 2013 09:15:29 86,909 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    It's not dead...it's restin'. Remarkable console. Beautiful plumage.
  • Zomoniac 12 Mar 2013 09:17:50 7,823 posts
    Seen 16 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Given how much the PS4/Vita stuff was shown at the PS4 conference they're clearly not intending killing off the project any time soon. They must surely have something up their sleeves? Remote play might be a nice cherry to go on top but it's not going to shift hardware by itself. Problem is when? I can't see them giving any time to it at E3 with so much PS4 stuff to get through.
  • elstoof 12 Mar 2013 09:18:15 6,981 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Still more of interest than the 3ds. I'd rather a price drop and some mainstream tosh in the short term, get the numbers up and encourage some accounts departments to sign a few cheques to be honest.
  • Deleted user 12 March 2013 09:31:10
    What a depressing view, that list. Most of the titles are TBA (to be announced?).
    How many of them will be announced, like never?
    /remembers that Resident Evil game that was 'announced' for the PSP
  • atomicjuicer 12 Mar 2013 09:44:30 305 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    So many people overlook the vitas launch games.

Have you played through them yet? Vita has a LOT of games - just look through the PSN store.
  • Gregolution 12 Mar 2013 10:11:48 3,175 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    atomicjuicer wrote:
    So many people overlook the vitas launch games.

Have you played through them yet? Vita has a LOT of games - just look through the PSN store.
    Agreed. I play my Vita every single game for a minimum of 1.5 hours and I can't keep up with all the games. There are tonnes of games for this console.

@Comments about what's going to shift hardware - I thought it was already starting to shift. Quadrupled sales in Japan after the price drop and I'm willing to bet Soul Sacrifice is going to shift a load of units too.

IMO the future is very bright for the Vita.
  • dr_swin 12 Mar 2013 10:15:56 4,887 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Genuinely impressed with the Vita since I got mine in December. Can't stop playing Everybody's Golf at the moment. Not short of anything to play that's for sure.
  • johnson81 12 Mar 2013 10:44:33 373 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I'm still waiting for an announcement for Phantasy Star Online. A placeholder date was given for Feb, but that's fallen by the wayside. Just got Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 & currently playing through GOW Chains of Olympus again.

I'm actually enjoying playing through PSP and PSone games again. Half way through Tomb Raider 1 as well and Urban Chaos (love that game). I know this isn't what people bought the Vita for but it's making sure the Vita is never left for weeks at a time, unlike the PS3, Xbox and Wii U.
  • santashi 12 Mar 2013 11:09:29 5,091 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I don't think PSO2 Vita has actually been confirmed for Europe, has it? It's free to download/play on the Japanese PSN for people who have two memory cards and want to play now, though, I suppose.

PSN ID: finn1
    3DS: 3497-0005-6756

• kinky_mong 12 Mar 2013 11:17:55 10,122 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    So which has the worse upcoming release schedule, the Vita or the Wii U?

I'll never get my Orc looking the same again.

• Deleted user 12 March 2013 11:44:57
    They both have about one game each I'm interested in so about evens.
  • neil74 12 Mar 2013 11:54:26 2,306 posts
    Seen 4 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I hope they do have some other stuff up their sleeve as that list is hardly exciting.

People say that they do not want ports but if you look at bespoke games they are mostly trimmed down ones coded by the developers B-team, or worse (COD) Personally I'd take some PS3 ports now if they'd make them.

I remain convinced that with the install base that iOS has that if Apple was so inclined they could squash the Vita quite easily.
  • Deleted user 12 March 2013 12:05:17
    They are already squashing it.
  • Psychotext 12 Mar 2013 12:36:00 53,933 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Gregolution wrote:
    @Comments about what's going to shift hardware - I thought it was already starting to shift. Quadrupled sales in Japan after the price drop and I'm willing to bet Soul Sacrifice is going to shift a load of units too.

IMO the future is very bright for the Vita.
    It'll be sub 20k again in a few weeks... and that's in Japan where it had a chance in the first place. Everywhere else it's completely dead.
  • jellyBelly 12 Mar 2013 13:09:57 409 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I would just love to play through muramasa again, hope it does get a retail release in Europe

PSN:lumulata, NN Dollodon

• Gregolution 12 Mar 2013 13:11:48 3,175 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Oh jesus. I can see the usual suspects that dont have a vita trolling again.

Over and out.
  • Flying_Pig 12 Mar 2013 13:12:36 10,878 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Part of the problem is that a lot of games are coming out on PSN only, meaning that they don't get confirmed (or even announced!) until a few weeks ahead of launch and get much less profile than the retail releases.

For me: Sly4 this month, followed by Soul Sacrifice in May and Killzone in September should keep me going, with in-fill from PSN or PSP titles. Not played P4G yet, either :)
  • Psychotext 12 Mar 2013 13:13:09 53,933 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Oh Jesus. I forgot it was impossible to have an opinion on the sales of a device that you don't own.

Face and palm.
  • Gregolution 12 Mar 2013 13:18:18 3,175 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Psychotext wrote:
    Oh Jesus. I forgot it was impossible to have an opinion on the sales of a device that you don't own.

Face and palm.
    Don't be such a muppet. I wasn't referring to you anyway.

It's the previous muppets that are only in here to wind people up. They must have very boring lives.

You're more than welcome to think the sales will drop. I think otherwise. Opinions are like a33holes etc.
  • Deleted user 12 March 2013 13:18:34
    Same people who bust into every thread and shout LALALALALALALA

I grabbed Wipeout off PSN+ the other day.

The end.
  • Gregolution 12 Mar 2013 13:20:18 3,175 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Boab wrote:
    Same people who bust into every thread and shout LALALALALALALA

I grabbed Wipeout off PSN+ the other day.

The end.
    ?
  • Deleted user 12 March 2013 13:23:29
    @Gregolution: If I fall under that muppets category, may I remind you that I have already owned about 4 Vitas.
    According to the EU law in effect, this fact enables me to participate in any Vita-related thread. /irony
  • Gregolution 12 Mar 2013 13:27:57 3,175 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Cosmopolitan wrote:
    @Gregolution: If I fall under that muppets category, may I remind you that I have already owned about 4 Vitas.
    According to the EU law in effect, this fact enables me to participate in any Vita-related thread. /irony
    Since this muppet comment seems to require clarity I was referring to:

kinky_mong wrote:

So which has the worse upcoming release schedule, the Vita or the Wii U?
    AND

Boab wrote:

They both have about one game each I'm interested in so about evens.
    These sorts of comments are just bored people trying to be funny.

I must be the odd one out, being on a gaming forum to talk about the games I'm playing with fellow gamers. Rather than spending all my time declaring how sh1t everything is.

Edited by Gregolution at 13:29:10 12-03-2013
  • Page

of 3 First / Last

Previous