Buying U.S. psn games way cheaper than U.K psn ?

• Page

of 1

Previous Next
  • ltbobby 9 Mar 2013 12:12:30 318 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Im thinking of buying Tiger woods 14 from psn. Its 59 from the Uk store and $59 (which is 40) from U.S. store which is 20 quid difference. This seems a no brainer to just buy US psn cards from videogamesplus and then buying from US store, but are there any problems playing the games on Uk ps3? Im thinking mostly problems with online?
  • FabricatedLunatic 9 Mar 2013 12:48:31 13,040 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I believe some games have region-specific servers (Demon's Souls come to mind) but I don't know about that particular title.

Also, VGP specify that the PlayStation Store points they sell are for Canadian accounts, so you'd need to get US points from elsewhere (ebay for example).
  • Oldest_Ancient 9 Mar 2013 13:18:27 92 posts
    Seen 11 months ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    In some situations it will be an advantage but bear in mind that videogamesplus mark up their psn cards so you'll have to pay about 75 Canadian dollars to get 60 dollars credit.
  • revengeracer 9 Mar 2013 13:25:47 3 posts
    Seen 22 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    the game from us psn will play online just fine you wont have any server issues . but if you want to buy dlc you will need to get that from us store too. uk dlc wont work on a game from us store and vice versa
  • ltbobby 9 Mar 2013 13:39:34 318 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Ive bought us psn cards from videogamesplus before and used it to buy ni no kuni which works fine but i wasnt sure if online games would work as the servers would be different i guess?
    Anyway videogames plus cards seemed to work on us store with no problem re the canadian difference mentioned before
  • Page

of 1

Previous Next