Neverwinter Page 3

• Page

of 17 First / Last

• Tryhard 3 May 2013 10:56:58 3,905 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Don't think there are many people playing this on here.But I have had more party invites on this in a few days than I have had since launch of GW2.
    [Everyone loves a Cleric I guess.]Plus you can queue to join random party for the larger group dungeons.

The graveyard map I have been doing really has great atmosphere,and the Clockwork Tomb that leads off that is a delight to look at.The best zone I have encountered so far.I even pumped some of my own money into this as a thank you to the dev's for the fun I have experienced.

Will have to get around to doing user created Dungeons on the Foundry Notice boards.Some of the them are listed an hour in play time.And you can rate and reward the player who created them.But I have been caught up in the story quest too much at the moment.

One of the Unlock chests rewarded me with a Hero that does higher level crafting for me.And my companion Man at Arms has better looking armour than me.Those looking for lot's of visual armour changes in this will be disappointed though.

My Cleric spells were absolutely wrecking waves of Skeletons,and I had another near death experience vs a glowy elemental giant golem and undead archers when my companion went down.Managed to revive him and we came out victorious.
  • Ranger_Ryu 3 May 2013 12:36:55 1,050 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    yeah unless they fixed it ignore the foundry estimated playtime cause normally it's wrong!
  • Tryhard 3 May 2013 19:17:56 3,905 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Whispering caverns vid
  • Fydria 3 May 2013 22:05:55 561 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Downloaded this today, was playing through some of the intro quests with a friend. Seems like a 3rd person hack and slash, user made content seems interesting too. Definitely worth a look for F2P!
  • hypoBla5t 3 May 2013 22:15:31 1,393 posts
    Seen 20 seconds ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I am liking it so far. Took me a while to realise you can hold down the mouse to pile on the attacks. Rogue class my fave so far, may go for the tank as my alt but wouldn't mind making a caster as well. Does the cleric have offensive spells too?
  • Tryhard 3 May 2013 22:27:30 3,905 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I am at Helms Hold full of 8 foot tall winged demons.Holy heck,things have ramped up.They seem to have a longer range to aggro on you to,so you may draw in 2 to 3 of the devils from further range than normal.

So I ran back to a camp fire for safety,yep they followed me back.At deaths door but managed to get through only for another player to bring another crowd of demonic barstewards back with them.Had some amazing battles as I joined other players surrounded.

Cannot remember what level you can do this maybe 10.But you can invoke at a camp fire and get your god to shower you with gifts for first of the day,and then bonuses there after every hour every time at a campfire you pray.Go to the campfire in the main city to get info on it.

My Man at Arms seems to have maxxed out at level 15.And I now have three NPC's crafting for me while I adventure.Some of the crafting is now taking 2 hours.But I get a loot box,xp for crafting and xp for my character.

Crafting tips here
  • Tryhard 3 May 2013 22:31:21 3,905 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @hypoBla5t Very deadly ones.It puts a smile on my face what my Cleric can do and he is only halfway through the magic ladder.And then even more branches open up.I am glad I bought a 24 bag inventory slot as the loot is knee deep.However you do get an adventure bag unlock in the mid 20's?

And I have made 2000 Astral Diamonds selling runes on the aution house.:-P
  • Kanjin 4 May 2013 13:10:00 1,091 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Just had a bash at this, pretty fun!

Yep cleric has offensive spells.
  • elephantjuice 4 May 2013 13:39:30 647 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Just got this installed and had a brief play on it. Very slick so far and the combat seems very good. My main concern is how intrusive the micro transactions will be.

Edited by elephantjuice at 13:39:59 04-05-2013

Edited by elephantjuice at 13:40:35 04-05-2013
  • Tryhard 4 May 2013 14:14:57 3,905 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I have to say that where I am and what I have been through so far is like 20 times better than what you go through at the start.You have to pinch yourself that this is F2P.The music and audio is great.Going through one dungeon the evil boss female voice echos down the tunnel with "Do I make your blood boil?"

There is one nasty surprise which makes you jump when you first experience it in a dungeon.Lots of traps to.I was beginning to think that my Cleric was overpowered but he is really on the edge a lot now.And he died 3 times in what seemed like just an average burial mound.But it had two bosses,The Widowmaker with a huge sword which dealt 50% damage with one swing,and another boss with AOE and raises zombies from the floor.They both hit you at the same time.And that is only one of a number of mounds you have to clear on one mission.

As to spending real money,depends how deeply you want to get into it.I have gotten pretty far without the need to spend real money.The only thing is inventory space.It depends whether you are willing to wait and naturally unlock something or get it early.

I put money in only because I was enjoying the game so much, more so than money I thew at some AAA retail games.I bought a 24 slot bag,just because I did not want to keep sorting my goods out.Because like I said I am knee deep in loot.And some keys for the unlock chests.

So my Cleric throws a chain spell that immobilizes with AOE then sends out a circle of healing/damage spell.Then can cast an AOE spell that throws enemies up in the air and crushes them to the ground.His general attack is throwing beams of holy energy and a relic that fires a beam of either healing or damage blue rays.
  • elephantjuice 4 May 2013 14:39:18 647 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    So long as the game doesn't put you at a disadvantage for not spending money I'm happy.

Really looking forward to playing some more of this later.
  • Tryhard 4 May 2013 16:17:18 3,905 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    This dungeon entrance looks a little scary.
  • Ranger_Ryu 4 May 2013 18:01:19 1,050 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    btw anyone feel free to add me my tag is @Ranger_Ryu
  • Fydria 4 May 2013 18:09:51 561 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    What is the level cap thus far?
  • Ranger_Ryu 4 May 2013 18:12:28 1,050 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    50 I think......
  • hypoBla5t 4 May 2013 18:22:19 1,393 posts
    Seen 20 seconds ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Settled on the Trickster Roguey type and the Cleric for my two character slots. What's the exchange rate like on the paid currency?
  • Tryhard 4 May 2013 18:53:14 3,905 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    The level cap is 60.The dungeons for level 60's are called Epic.:-P

A handy tip if you have an injury,a symbol of body part under your portrait shows up and you do not want to use an injury kit.Just stand next to a campfire or in your portable altar circle for 3 minutes.

Just did a really good Player created Foundry quest,really good story and lots of text.Some stupid dwarf had dropped a torch on some elemental sludge and turned them into a load of Fire Elementals.I gave them a 250 diamond reward for their effort.
  • Leolian 5 May 2013 09:35:05 1,083 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    This looks great! Played the intro bit and into first city. Not a lot I know, but love it so far!
  • Tryhard 5 May 2013 10:57:23 3,905 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Did another player dungeon with a really good story and setting with a to be continued at the end.Just a note the game chooses the reward not the creator for obvious reasons.

My three NPC crafters are now producing 200 rough diamonds each amongst other things,which will take them 2 hours.Doing two Foundry player dungeons netted me 2000 diamonds from the Rat man vendor for a daily reward.

A great moment on one mission I had was to throw some nasty stuff in a couple of Ogres cooking pot to make them rage.The problem was they were raging at me.Thankfully two players turned up,one had a power to lift one of the Ogres in the air,while I slapped him with my Holy Relic energy beam.And another opened up some portal that teleported them away from us,a pretty cool looking battle indeed.
  • Ranger_Ryu 5 May 2013 13:18:32 1,050 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I'm making a foundry mission as well by the way!
  • THFourteen 6 May 2013 08:29:50 33,185 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Downloading now.

What's the EG server then?.
  • Sharzam 6 May 2013 09:03:55 2,832 posts
    Seen 6 days ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    How long are the founders packs available for? Might buy one in a week or two if i get into it, but will be annoyed if they disappear just before then.

Equally would be silly to spend money ir i stop playing after a couple days.

ps iam on dragon, but i think a few are on beholder.

Known as 'Sharzam' in 98.5% of games

• Tryhard 6 May 2013 09:49:13 3,905 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I am on Beholder here and I am pretty far in now.

Don't quote me on this but I think they tweeted that the Founders pack is available till the 12th of May.

Info on companions
    White quality pets have a max rank of 15
    Green quality pets have a max rank of 20
    Blue quality pets have a max rank of 25
    Purple quality pets have a max rank of 30

My Man at Arms is max rank 15 and is now going down a lot.So obviously he needs replacing for end game.Either with in game diamonds or real money.At the moment it makes it fun fighting a boss and going to rezz your companion,it keeps you on your toes.Once he does go down he is hard to keep up for long,but this has led to some phew moments when you win a boss battle.I have equipped him with pretty good rune stones and items.

Diamond income so far,I received 40,000 from an idol I received from an unlock box and sold to the Ratman vendor in the city market.My three NPC crafters seem to be able to keep producing 200 diamonds each every few hours.And doing two foundry missions as the Ratman daily nets me another 2000.You can also do Pvp conquest type,and skirmish horde mode type and 5 man dungeon delves as part of your daily diamond rewards.

Still loving it.The demon zone was the toughest I have faced,the werewolf zone after that was easier,and the lizardman zone I am now in is easier than that.Whether that is because my cleric build is improving I do not know.But is is nice to just lay waste to large groups of mobs surrounding you with three consecutive spells.
  • THFourteen 6 May 2013 09:52:26 33,185 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Heh first impressions : its got dnd rules and Scottish dwarves.

love it
  • Tryhard 6 May 2013 10:01:38 3,905 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    One of the foundry player created missions I did,I had to question drunks in a tavern.:lol: That got him a 5 star review and a diamond reward alone.
  • StarchildHypocrethes 6 May 2013 12:18:53 25,602 posts
    Seen 25 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    The Foundry is pretty impressive, some of the quests are quite good.
  • THFourteen 6 May 2013 12:23:38 33,185 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I have a dwarf fighter called Jonas on Beholder

Think I might sink a few hours into this...
  • Fydria 6 May 2013 12:23:39 561 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Yeah I'm on Dragon too. I have an Alienware X51 and whenever I'm on low health, the lights on my unit go red, I thought at first my computer was spazzing out :D
  • Leolian 6 May 2013 15:13:38 1,083 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I'm on beholder I think. Level 18 rogue and loving it. I might buy a cheap fonder pack as a tip to the creators.
  • StarchildHypocrethes 6 May 2013 15:41:32 25,602 posts
    Seen 25 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I have no idea what the numbers flashing above my cleric's head actually correspond to. I have 3000 odd HP yet my heal flashes up numbers from 600-800 each time and it barely dents my HP bar.
  • Page

of 17 First / Last