Neverwinter Page 2

• Page

of 17 First / Last

• DFawkes 20 Mar 2013 18:55:31 22,584 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    You Can Haz Keyz! Whilst stocks last, obviously.

I'd kick the living daylights out of the producers of Tipping Point - Ghandi

• Reacher 20 Mar 2013 18:57:24 687 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Looking forward to trying this.
  • ZuluHero 20 Mar 2013 18:58:19 4,018 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Got my key! See you soon :D
  • MasterNameless 20 Mar 2013 19:45:57 367 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Damn. I got my key, then remembered I am away this weekend so it'll be mostly wasted on me.

If the keys run out and someone wants mine, pm me. :)
  • Scimarad 20 Mar 2013 20:01:43 8,530 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I notice recovering and linking your old Cryptic account makes about as much sense as it used to last time I tried to do it...

Yeah...can't be arsed.
  • fragglerocks 23 Mar 2013 14:23:23 302 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    My key didn't work :( So no beta for me dammit
  • DanB24 23 Mar 2013 19:27:07 1,782 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    http://nw.perfectworld.com/news/?p=846311
    Pirate hat a go go. :)
  • DFawkes 23 Mar 2013 21:10:30 22,584 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Cheers for the heads up Dan, I forgot all about that. I'll not say no to a free hat!

It also gave me my first go and I have to admit I'm quite surprised. As a lifer to both Cryptic's MMOs, I have to admit there are certain aspects of the shared engine that feel a bit too similar, so I assumed it'd feel like just a reskinned Champions Online without guns.

But it really does feel really different. The combat feels really good, far more like old Neverwinter Nights than I thought it would, which is a good thing :) The art is pretty good too, and the graphics engine has been tweaked a bit to make dungeons really feel alive.

I'm definitely impressed! If it weren't for my Defiance pre-order I'd have probably invested in a Founder's Pack, as I can definitely see me playing a lot.

I'd kick the living daylights out of the producers of Tipping Point - Ghandi

• DanB24 24 Mar 2013 00:05:34 1,782 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    You're welcome and I'm glad you've got the good vibe for it too. :)
  • DanB24 24 Mar 2013 00:08:51 1,782 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    hiddenranbir wrote:
    keeps timing out can't even get my character creation completed.
    Well it is Beta and stress testing after all.
  • DanB24 24 Mar 2013 17:18:58 1,782 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I just want to say... Deekin Street! :D
  • sanctusmortis 24 Mar 2013 20:44:20 9,627 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    It's pretty damn good. Reported my first bug (sometimes on loading it says "0 of 0 characters created" rather than whatever of 2), but the actual game's a solid F2P MMO. Less key-intensive than Guild Wars 2, for sure.
  • SloveenEfsei 19 Apr 2013 02:00:22 10 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    i guess i was out of D&D circulation for too long. last D&D rules i played was the 3rd ed.
  • Ranger_Ryu 30 Apr 2013 10:35:10 1,023 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Open Beta starts today for everyone in about 6 hours.

Edited by Ranger_Ryu at 11:00:42 30-04-2013
  • Tryhard 1 May 2013 02:30:15 3,659 posts
    Seen 23 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I did not think this looked like much in the early vid's.Then looked more interesting watching some closed beta footage.And really loving it,now I am in the open beta.

Once you get used to the combat,rooted while attacking.And an FPS style attack rather than point and click attack with mouse,it feels really meaty.Thought I'd be quickly bored with just instance dungeons but not so.

The spell affects of my Halfling Cleric are already awesome.
  • sanctusmortis 1 May 2013 10:42:16 9,627 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I wish they hadn't wiped, as I lost ~13-17 levels, but when you can get on it's still a great game. Plus, I can just rush the first sections now, as frankly I know where to go and what to do.
  • shamblemonkee 1 May 2013 11:34:08 14,257 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    first impression of this were that it's very rough - the opening bit of you arriving on the beach is just plain shoddy and then you're assaulted by that hillariously hammy tutorial voice.

once the combat starts though this starts to show its true colours and in the hour i put in last night was very enjoyable, despite the lag.

interesting enough to warrant further play, esepecially as its f2p
  • Tryhard 1 May 2013 12:02:19 3,659 posts
    Seen 23 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I sunk a lot of time into Guild Wars 2.But the combat in this knocks the spots off that really.Fighting a boss and groups of melee and ranged enemies at once,while knowing you will be rooted to the spot when attacking,really makes you think about timing during the different encounters.Also using your reticle to pick out your targets more accurately.

Plus it is really nice to be a cleric and actually be of use to other players with healing them.It was funny during one battle another cleric and I turned to face each other across the battlefield,and at the exact moment fired a healing spell in each others faces.:-P
  • sanctusmortis 1 May 2013 13:21:56 9,627 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Ugh. The queue system is MURDERING me. Plus, the fact that the positional readout is broke is giving me some amazing screencaps:

Anyone interested in playing: download it, make a character, and maybe wait it out til they get their server-side stuff sorted. Getting in at the moment's the hard part.
  • Tryhard 1 May 2013 13:47:48 3,659 posts
    Seen 23 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    They say the figure is a display error there is actually 2 million in the queue.:-P

Seriously the figure is displaying wrong and they are working on it.

Funny all the players saying screw this I am going to uninstall,are probably the ones dying to get to level 60 in 5 minutes.
  • DanB24 1 May 2013 13:56:20 1,782 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Saw what I needed to know it looks good on the closed beta weekends so will sit out till it goes live as any progression in beta is pointless as it'll all be wiped when it launches.
  • Tryhard 1 May 2013 14:30:59 3,659 posts
    Seen 23 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    From what I read,there are no more wipes.But you are probably better waiting anyhow until they get their server situation sorted.Or the fall of thousands of players who get frustrated and move on.

I look at it as,I have paid nothing,if I can get straight in I will play it.If not I will do something else.
  • Finn-the-Human 2 May 2013 06:38:11 12 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    who got in on beta?
  • hypoBla5t 2 May 2013 08:15:26 1,359 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Had a 10-minute go last night, made a Dwarf Guardian fellow. Didn't have to queue, went on Mindflayer shard and did a couple of quests. Reminded me a bit of LOTRO. Maybe it's because I was using a melee character but didn't really notice the 'standing still to fight' thing as being hugely revolutionary. Will probably have another session this weekend.
  • Tryhard 2 May 2013 10:27:58 3,659 posts
    Seen 23 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    After the four hour maintenance yesterday there were no queues on Beholder Shard when I went on,so hopefully we will not see that again.Teamed up with a random cleric through one zone and cleared a few quests.And then happened to be in a crowd of players running through a pirate base which was fun.

The chat window fills up so fast you can hardly read it.So it is buzzing right now.Apparently 600 players already have user created dungeons up on the Foundry,with another 16,000 in the pipeline.

I have now unlocked a companion Man at Arms who has high defence and really soaks up all the action,while I sit back eating cake and throwing the odd spell from time to time.
  • Sharzam 2 May 2013 20:19:08 2,688 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Only having two slots is going to prove a problem i think. While i don't mind spending money to get more slots i need to know if i will like the game first. Usually that means playing a few levels with each class to see if can find the style i like. I have given up on many MMOs for exactly this reason cant find the right play style.

Trying out control wizard at moment. Can they support in terms of light healing or is that only reserved for clerics? As i like to chuck around a bit of healing, but equally wouldn't mind trying out some sneaky tricksters. I usually like classes with utility, support and being the one that 'fills in the gaps' for example in LOTRO the Burg stuns, triggers fellowships and generally helps out not just focused on one thing for example damage. Same goes for Rift, playing as Archon/Bard can be fun.

Edited by Sharzam at 20:20:04 02-05-2013

Known as 'Sharzam' in 98.5% of games

• andytheadequate 2 May 2013 21:08:37 8,075 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    How does this compare to Guild Wars 2 then? I fancy playing a MMORPG but not really sure which one.
  • Tryhard 2 May 2013 21:59:16 3,659 posts
    Seen 23 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Comparing this with GW2 for me would be like comparing COD and Battlefield. They are both in the same field but a different kettle of fish to each other.

This is mainly dungeon questing with a few open world maps that lead to dungeons.You have a main city where you do all your business and teleport to map zones that hold the dungeons.

There is crafting,where you have an npc do it for you while you are adventuring.Your companion ranks up,and you have to send him off for training.At present my Man at Arms is taking 30 minutes away to train.So you feel a little naked without him.

You get your companion at level 16 I think and can buy or rent a mount at level 20.

All I can say is I am loving it so far.Might not be everyone's cup of tea,
    but it is free to play,the deeper you go the deeper you get sucked into it.I actually died for the first time tonight vs two Wights and a group of zombies.Against one boss I spent half the time reviving Squire Punch Bag while dodging away from this rather large Buccaneer boss.
  • andytheadequate 2 May 2013 22:38:35 8,075 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Is there an EG group to play with then? I may give it a go. When I tried Guild Wars I played it by myself so don't think I got the most from it
  • Page

of 17 First / Last