• Page

of 2 First / Last

Previous
  • MetalDog 8 Mar 2013 12:43:16 23,708 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Always a possibility
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-21710739

-- boobs do nothing for me, I want moustaches and chest hair.

• speedofthepuma 8 Mar 2013 12:43:58 13,266 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I am shocked.

/s

I've turned off all the avatars and crap, so don't expect me to be impressed by yours.

• LeoliansBro 8 Mar 2013 12:45:41 43,227 posts
    Seen 54 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    There are a few very large jumps in logic there.

LB, you really are a massive geek.

• TheSaint 8 Mar 2013 12:47:07 14,199 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Murdoch isn't it? Or is this some kind of pun?
  • MetalDog 8 Mar 2013 12:51:06 23,708 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I'm too wiped out today to give a fuck about presenting prosecution briefs worthy of a trail =) It's just random speculation based on Murdocks past form of buttering the arse of anyone he thinks he can profit from.

• MetalDog 8 Mar 2013 12:52:11 23,708 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    TheSaint wrote:
    You're right. I'm still coming off a bout of flu. Brainfail, not punnage.

• agparrot 8 Mar 2013 12:54:06 11,903 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    MetalDog wrote:
    TheSaint wrote:
    You're right. I'm still coming off a bout of flu. Brainfail, not punnage.
    I couldn't decide whether to change the spelling or to post this:

I'll do both I think.
  • TheSaint 8 Mar 2013 13:00:34 14,199 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I thought it might be some kind of Levinson reference that I wasn't getting.

Still I can't see Murdoch backing anyone other than the most likely winner. The woman from The Daily Mail on Question Time on the other hand had her tongue right up UKIP's arse, I could see them backing them at the next election.
  • cubbymoore 8 Mar 2013 13:49:18 36,468 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Nigel Farage is possibly the greatest PR man there is at the moment. UKIP have almost zero chance of displacing the Lib Dems as third party (you just have to look at the lib dem strongholds to see that) , but he's always on QT, always doing appearances (because he has shit loads of free time) and basically giving unending attention to the press who are begging for an interesting narrative, regardless of how bollocks it is. Utterly ridiculous.
  • RobTheBuilder 8 Mar 2013 13:59:14 6,521 posts
    Seen 8 months ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Both as scummy as each other so it would suit.

Murdoch knows the Tories won't win the election outright, and he won't want to support Milliband. So by moving to UKIP he gets to say how "The Sun helped UKIP win record seats."
  • nickthegun 8 Mar 2013 14:04:06 58,782 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    cubbymoore wrote:
    Nigel Farage is possibly the greatest PR man there is at the moment. UKIP have almost zero chance of displacing the Lib Dems as third party (you just have to look at the lib dem strongholds to see that) , but he's always on QT, always doing appearances (because he has shit loads of free time) and basically giving unending attention to the press who are begging for an interesting narrative, regardless of how bollocks it is. Utterly ridiculous.
    Same with Nick "Peter" Griffin.

Although, coming to mention it, im not sure who has the more punchable face. I dont think I would ever get tired of slapping farage.

---------------------------------------------------------
    He totally called it

• MetalDog 8 Mar 2013 14:21:37 23,708 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    The purple motif and the almost ever-present wide, wide grin always puts me in mind of the Joker.

• Bremenacht 8 Mar 2013 15:34:00 17,608 posts
    Seen 37 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    He's just fucking Cameron over again, the bitter old cunt.
  • nickthegun 8 Mar 2013 15:36:11 58,782 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Hes a turbo-cameron. Hes basically what the conservatives would be if they didnt give a shit about getting voted in. They all secretly agree with him and want him to lead their party.

---------------------------------------------------------
    He totally called it

• the_dudefather 8 Mar 2013 15:45:58 9,194 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago

(ง ͠ ͟ʖ ͡)

• mcmonkeyplc 8 Mar 2013 15:46:52 39,384 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    RAGE

Come and get it cumslingers!

• CosmicFuzz 8 Mar 2013 15:53:28 23,188 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    MetalDog wrote:
    The purple motif and the almost ever-present wide, wide grin always puts me in mind of the Joker.
    Ha :D

Looking for a new gaming podcast to listen to? LOOK NO FURTHER!

• Dougs 8 Mar 2013 15:57:18 66,653 posts
    Seen 60 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    nickthegun wrote:

Although, coming to mention it, im not sure who has the more punchable face. I dont think I would ever get tired of slapping farage.
    I'm not (too) ashamed to admit that I was a little disappointed when he emerged unscathed from that crash. Well OK, I am ashamed, but he's an utter cunt.
  • senso-ji 8 Mar 2013 16:17:20 5,791 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    the_dudefather wrote:
    Zombie Farage will get my vote.
  • President_Weasel 8 Mar 2013 16:41:27 8,952 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    They're a one issue, maybe one-and-a-half-issue, protest vote party. "We don't like immigrants or Europe but we're not racists, honest".
    They'll never have power, and Murdoch will stick with the Tories until Labour look to have a good chance of getting into power at which point he'll tell his papers to back them for a bit as long as they suck his cock well enough.
  • Bremenacht 8 Mar 2013 16:51:53 17,608 posts
    Seen 37 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    He won't stick with anyone. It's the usual prompting that it's time to suck up to him, as election time grows closer. What'll be quite amazing is if none of the major three suck up to him at all. Almost unthinkable.
  • DaM 8 Mar 2013 17:27:27 12,897 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    President_Weasel wrote:
    They're a one issue, maybe one-and-a-half-issue, protest vote party. "We don't like immigrants or Europe but we're not racists, honest"
    I was watching This Is England this week, and the National Front bloke came out with exactly this :)

My worry is that they combine with the Tories in some sort of evil pact, seeing the Tories lurch even further to the right. It's worrying that Murdoch is sniffing about. Tabloids seem to have a lot of influence on their readership.
  • Dougs 8 Mar 2013 18:33:53 66,653 posts
    Seen 60 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Ha, see that argument in the Page 3 thread!
  • cubbymoore 8 Mar 2013 18:41:50 36,468 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    The thing is even one seat at the general election would be a record result. Because they have zero seats at the moment.
  • Fixxxer 8 Mar 2013 20:13:20 1,303 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Dougs wrote:
    nickthegun wrote:

I'm not (too) ashamed to admit that I was a little disappointed when he emerged unscathed from that crash. Well OK, I am ashamed, but he's an utter cunt.
    I'm a dirty lefty and I really like the guy. Don't agree with his politics obviously (I'm about as pro-Europe as it gets) but he's charismatic and seems pretty approachable.

Plus UKIP are doing are nice job of eating into the Tory vote whilst pulling them away from the centre so it's win-win.

Yay Nige!
  • thelzdking 8 Mar 2013 20:25:56 4,316 posts
    Seen 47 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I always get the feeling that a lot of UKIP members are people who read/watched a lot of war stories when they were kids and still think that the Germans are going to invade or something.

I'm not saying that's true, but that's the feeling I get
  • sevenup 8 Mar 2013 20:45:02 13 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    I think this image puts a great perspective on how insignificant a blip of land on the eastern seaboard of the Atlantic ocean this country is.

Africa. It's fucking massive!

http://infobeautiful2.s3.amazonaws.com/true_size_of_africa.png
  • Bremenacht 8 Mar 2013 20:59:39 17,608 posts
    Seen 37 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    sevenup wrote:
    I think this image puts a great perspective on how insignificant a blip of land on the eastern seaboard of the Atlantic ocean this country is.

Africa. It's fucking massive!

http://infobeautiful2.s3.amazonaws.com/true_size_of_africa.png
    Gosh - look at the shape of Belgium and Netherlands together. I'd not noticed that before.
  • sevenup 8 Mar 2013 22:35:38 13 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Even then, I reckon the uk is bigger than it should be. Madagascar is supposedly twice the size in terms of area of the UK, yet on that map it looks even stevens in terms of size.
  • dsmx 9 Mar 2013 00:23:32 7,555 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I still find it amazing how much of an influence the UK has been in the history of world. When you come to terms just how small the country really is the impact we've had on the globe is simply staggering.

"If we hit that bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a a house of cards, checkmate." Zapp Brannigan

• Page

of 2 First / Last

Previous