Namco brings you to Disneyland!

• Page

of 1

Previous Next
  • JinTypeNoir 8 Mar 2013 01:13:17 4,392 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    It's not just Square and Warren Spector making high profile Disney games anymore! Now Namco's got into the mix! Disney Magic Castle: My Happy Life has been announced for the 3DS and it looks like a Disney-themed version of Animal Crossing. Go to the Magic Castle interact with Disney characters like Pooh, Stitch, Cinderella, Donald Duck and so on. There seems to be a lot of variety of game. By doing various things you win elements to make your own items. Various things includes stuff like opening your own cafe, fighting ghouls and ghosts in a spooky Halloweenish realm I'm guessing is based on the haunted mansion and nurturing a garden with Pooh and friends.

It looks quite nice. And since its developed by Namco, it certainly has a much higher percentage of being a quality game, since this light and happy gamey stuff is Namco's forte.

It'll out in July in Japan (on my birthday, no less) and though no Western dates have been announced, come on, it's Disney, it'll come. There's also this:

Limited edition 3DS. Because its just not another year in Japan without a billion and one limited edition 3DSes. I wonder if anyone's collected them all?

I've never really gotten into Animal Crossing but if you put Disney in there, I'm also there. Should be a nice counterpoint to Kingdom Hearts, because while those games do a good job mining the darker themes of Disney stuff, this should be only the lighter side.

Edited by JinTypeNoir at 01:16:04 08-03-2013
  • neilka 8 Mar 2013 01:21:44 16,238 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    A grown man ladies and gentlemen.
  • JinTypeNoir 8 Mar 2013 01:36:08 4,392 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Hells yes, I am. And no matter how old I get I will never stop loving Disneyland or Disney.
  • treegreen 8 Mar 2013 04:02:53 105 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Grown men should only like killing people and drooling over other men with big muscles in a totally straight way.
  • Deleted user 8 March 2013 04:06:19
    Grown men shouldn't give a fuck about games either way.
  • Raiko101 8 Mar 2013 09:50:05 6,409 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I'm still waiting on animal crossing.

3DS: 4210 4002 8289 (Dave)
    Wii U: Raiko87
    Xbox Live: Raiko87

• Page

of 1

Previous Next