of 10 First / Last

• Deckard1 22 Mar 2013 16:57:37 27,981 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I like her boobs
  • ronuds 22 Mar 2013 17:01:41 21,788 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I thought she was pretty lifeless, but I attributed that to her character. I don't know, though.

Also, the CGI of her in diamond form looked terrible.
  • oceanmotion 22 Mar 2013 17:04:57 15,926 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Don't know what her character is suppose to be like in comics but it was empty on screen.

Probably thinking, I fucked the director, I'm pregnant, what to do. Meanwhile the director realising his cheating but awesome mistake ignored her as much as possible, giving little direction and just wants it over with.

Film was rushed, Irish Magneto, woeful mutants, awful ending battle and terrible end, shit film for the most part.
  • Deleted user 25 July 2013 18:58:03

• LockeTribal 25 Jul 2013 19:12:55 4,513 posts
    Seen 56 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Nice posters.
  • Deckard1 25 Jul 2013 19:15:03 27,981 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I didn't care for them
  • Deleted user 25 July 2013 19:16:06
    Some stuff about teaser footage, too. No leaks of it, though.
  • spamdangled 25 Jul 2013 19:19:30 27,355 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Pasting this from what I wrote in the Comics thread yesterday, as it seems a better fit here:

I see that Fox are following up X-Men: Days of Future Past with an X-Force movie. Could be interesting, depending on the line-up. Cable is probably out given the film continuity (unless they substantially alter him), so the closest bet is possibly Bishop, who's one of the main characters in DOFP. They've said there's going to be five team members, which is about right. I'm guessing there will be a blend of original (90s Liefeld) and modern (Rick Remender) members there, with at least one well-established name from the existing franchise to give it Box Office draw. My bets are on Bishop, Wolverine, Cannonball, Psylocke and Domino.

Might be the film to finally give us Apocalypse on the big screen too.

3DS: 4055-2781-2855 Xbox: spamdangled PSN: dark_morgan Wii U: Spamdangle Steam: spamdangled

• ProfessorLesser 25 Jul 2013 19:23:48 19,356 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Wasn't Deadpool in X-Force for a while, or am I getting confused?
  • spamdangled 25 Jul 2013 19:24:55 27,355 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    meme wrote:
    Some stuff about teaser footage, too. No leaks of it, though.
    What slightly concerned me about that Comic-Con Sentinel head was how small it was. I really hope it wasn't to scale, otherwise it seems that the Sentinels will just be slightly larger humanoid robots rather than the multi-storey behemoths they're supposed to be. Unless they're going for a hybrid of classic Sentinels and Prime Sentinels, which could work but would sort of require having Bastion as a main antagonist, and I don't see that working well without a lot of build-up over multiple films or a significant amount of "reinterpreting" the character.

I also wonder whether the new film addresses the fact that Sentinels seemingly already exist or are known about in the original film trilogy (given the Danger Room sequence at the start of Last Stand), or whether that can be explained by the time-travel aspect of DOFP. But then, paradoxes...

3DS: 4055-2781-2855 Xbox: spamdangled PSN: dark_morgan Wii U: Spamdangle Steam: spamdangled

• spamdangled 25 Jul 2013 19:25:38 27,355 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    ProfessorLesser wrote:
    Wasn't Deadpool in X-Force for a while, or am I getting confused?
    Yeah he was. Rick-Remender era, when the team was black-ops assassination unit sanctioned by Cyclops and led by Wolverine (lineup was Wolverine, Psylocke, Deadpool, Fantomex and Archangel). He was associated with X-Force from the start though, as he was introduced as an antagonist for the team during the original Liefeld era (as a blatant Deathstroke clone-character) in the 90s.

I doubt they will include him in the film though, as they seem to have (quite rightly) decided to completely forget that Wolverine: Origins ever happened, and about the worst thing they could do is to resurrect the joke of THAT interpretation of him.

Edited by darkmorgado at 19:28:54 25-07-2013

Edited by darkmorgado at 19:30:05 25-07-2013

• Deleted user 25 July 2013 19:32:26
    As far as I know Singer's basically decided to ignore The Last Stand. Hence why Xavier is actually Xavier and not some random body he decided to possess and how Cyclops is back (supposedly). About the only thing they're taking from it is Ellen Page.
  • spamdangled 25 Jul 2013 19:47:52 27,355 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    meme wrote:
    As far as I know Singer's basically decided to ignore The Last Stand. Hence why Xavier is actually Xavier and not some random body he decided to possess and how Cyclops is back (supposedly). About the only thing they're taking from it is Ellen Page.
    I heard something about that. He sees DOFP as "his" X-Men 3, rather than the X-Men 3 we actually got.

Which to be honest isn't necessarily a bad thing.

• JiveHound 25 Jul 2013 19:53:12 2,435 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Sorry for my ignorance but I haven't really been following this despite actually quite enjoying First Class.

Is Singer directing then? Although I was a massive fan of Xmen back in my youth and I'm familiar with the title, what actually happened?

The story that most sticks out in my memory is the one where Apocalypse actually teams up with the Xmen against Stryfe, who was Cyclops and Jean Grey's son that wasn't Cable.

Did I get that right?

Live: Jive Hands
    PSN: Jive_Hands

• spamdangled 25 Jul 2013 20:03:20 27,355 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    JiveHound wrote:
    Sorry for my ignorance but I haven't really been following this despite actually quite enjoying First Class.

Is Singer directing then? Although I was a massive fan of Xmen back in my youth and I'm familiar with the title, what actually happened?

The story that most sticks out in my memory is the one where Apocalypse actually teams up with the Xmen against Stryfe, who was Cyclops and Jean Grey's son that wasn't Cable.

Did I get that right?
    Hmmm, sort of. You're talking about the X-Cutioner's Song crossover (Stryfe impersonates Cable and attempt to assassinate Xavier).

Stryfe was a clone of Cable created by Apocalypse due to his power and suitability as a host body. It gets a bit confusing from there because, you know, time travel (ever noticed how Cable is actually older than his father?) and also ties into stuff like the Legacy Virus (X-Cutioner's song is where that started), Mr Sinister, the long-dangled idea of the "genetic potential" of the offspring of Jean Grey and Scott Summers, the Third Summers brother (another plotline started in that event), and about 5 or 6 different teams of X-men. Marvel events in the 90s are heavily geared towards trying to tie up danglers that had been left for years (which became a bit counter-productive considering so many of them created even more danglers). It's one of the reasons that the company had a crisis in the early noughties, as it became so insular and reliant on understanding continuity. Unfortunately, it's also happening now with Bendis in charge. History is repeating itself.

Edited by darkmorgado at 22:02:14 25-07-2013

• Shikasama 25 Jul 2013 20:15:44 6,828 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    It makes sense for them to include Deadpool in the X-Force as a screen test for his own stand alone movie.
  • nickthegun 25 Jul 2013 21:55:41 59,887 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    meme wrote:
    Without doing that they wouldnt be able to use cable in the xforce since they killed his dad off in last stand.

Having said that, his genesis is so unbelievably convoluted and stupid, his proper origin story would be virtually impossible to tell anyway.

---------------------------------------------------------
    someone say something funny

• spamdangled 25 Jul 2013 22:08:16 27,355 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    nickthegun wrote:
    meme wrote:
    Without doing that they wouldnt be able to use cable in the xforce since they killed his dad off in last stand.

Having said that, his genesis is so unbelievably convoluted and stupid, his proper origin story would be virtually impossible to tell anyway.
    It's not necessarily stupid, it just relies very, very heavily on an understanding of how the Marvel Universe deals with timelines, time-travel, etc. To have a proper understanding of that requires a LOT of explanation that would require several big-screen films and significant foreshadowing to make an audience familiar with it, but even then it would make the film franchises impenetrable for the casual popcorn viewer that makes up most of the ticket returns. It's why I think it's incredibly unlikely that they will even use Cable. I think it's pretty much inevitable that they will use the introduction of Bishop in DOFP as a proxy character to set up the big-screen incarnation of X-Force, as that immediately frees them from having to work out how to explain the whole Cable-is-the-son-of-cyclops-and-jean-grey-but-only-sort-of-and-by-the-way-he-is-older-than-his-father-and-comes-from-an-alternate-possible-future-in-5,000-years-time-and-by-the-way-he-is-the-chosen-one-to-defeat-apocalypse-or-is-he? thing. The only way to avoid that is by significantly altering the character and his backstory, and Wolverine: Origin's handling of Deadpool is a stark reminder of what happened the last time they tried that.

I'm a bit wary of the films starting to delve into the whole time-travel, alternate-reality storylines, because that's where a hell of a lot of the convolution in X-Men continuity comes from in the first place.

Edited by darkmorgado at 22:12:52 25-07-2013

Edited by darkmorgado at 22:21:40 25-07-2013

• Deleted user 25 July 2013 22:12:47
    darkmorgado wrote:
    it just relies very, very heavily on an understanding of how the Marvel Universe deals with timelines, time-travel, etc
    Isn't it pretty much "fuck it, do whatever we feel like at the time"? As opposed to DC's "fuck it, retcon everything and start again", I guess.
  • spamdangled 25 Jul 2013 22:19:00 27,355 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    meme wrote:
    darkmorgado wrote:
    it just relies very, very heavily on an understanding of how the Marvel Universe deals with timelines, time-travel, etc
    Isn't it pretty much "fuck it, do whatever we feel like at the time"? As opposed to DC's "fuck it, retcon everything and start again", I guess.
    Not quite. In the MU, any divergence in the timestream creates a new alternate reality rather than creating a paradox. It's all a bit quantum leap-esque. That's why DOFP exists as a separate timeline where Senator Kelly was assassinated, but a paradox wasn't caused by those events being prevented through time-travel intervention. It's a slightly tidier way of dealing with time-travel than the DC method, which was born more as a way to explain away the huge discrepancies between the powersets and personalities of the gold/silver/bronze age versions of their characters.

But then you probably already knew that :)

• Steve_Perry 25 Jul 2013 22:23:51 4,158 posts
    Seen 13 seconds ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    /Walks in thread.

/Runs away.

VIVA STEFANSEN

• nickthegun 25 Jul 2013 22:24:30 59,887 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Explain Cables origin story to someone who doesnt read comics. Note the incredulous look on their faces. Its stupid.

You have 'Bitten by a radioactive spider', 'Parents killed by robber', 'Super soldier experiment' and then 'child of a clone of jean gray (another long story) and cyclops is infected with a virus by some immortal mutant with an A on his belt buckle, sent into the future to get cured, isnt quite cured but is raised by a cult, lives his life as a soldier and then eventually travels back in time for no real reason and starts up a paramilatary group of disaffected mutants, again, for no discernable reason'.

Spot the odd origin story out.

• Deckard1 25 Jul 2013 22:25:43 27,981 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    The spider one
  • Deleted user 25 July 2013 22:26:45
    Sounds like the plot of most self-published sci-fi stories.
  • nickthegun 25 Jul 2013 22:27:44 59,887 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Robins is one of my favourites. 'Young orphan boy picked up and taken to live in a cave'

• Deleted user 25 July 2013 22:29:59
    "World's Angriest Canadian gets electroplated."
  • Deleted user 25 July 2013 22:32:55
    "Retired War Vet has very bad picnic experience."

"Arrogant idiot given magic ring by naive alien."
  • Mola_Ram 26 Jul 2013 00:05:15 7,386 posts
    Seen 57 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    "Telepathic man falls down some stairs, breaks back"
  • neilka 26 Jul 2013 00:23:08 15,914 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    "East London resident gains superpowers from chronic cold sore"

A map is like comparing velocity and speed.

• spamdangled 26 Jul 2013 00:29:23 27,355 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    nickthegun wrote:
    Explain Cables origin story to someone who doesnt read comics. Note the incredulous look on their faces. Its stupid.

You have 'Bitten by a radioactive spider', 'Parents killed by robber', 'Super soldier experiment' and then 'child of a clone of jean gray (another long story) and cyclops is infected with a virus by some immortal mutant with an A on his belt buckle, sent into the future to get cured, isnt quite cured but is raised by a cult, lives his life as a soldier and then eventually travels back in time for no real reason and starts up a paramilatary group of disaffected mutants, again, for no discernable reason'.

Spot the odd origin story out.
    They're all as stupid as each other. The reason Cable's history is more complex is because the character was created in an era of comics where Superhero origins weren't so simplistic. I'm not saying that one is fundamentally better than the other, just that as the medium matured in the nearly 30 years between the creation of Spider-Man and Cable it moved away from the habit of Origin stories that are incredibly simplistic to the point of absurdity because the medium has largely grown up with its audience (though it certainly over-compensated in many areas - just look at Wolverine's backstory).

Or something. It's past midnight, in a heatwave and I'm on my 6th beer of the evening.

*burp*

Edited by darkmorgado at 00:35:18 26-07-2013

Edited by darkmorgado at 00:48:30 26-07-2013

• Page

of 10 First / Last