Huge retro game collection. Page 3

• Page

of 7 First / Last

• Ultrasoundwave 8 Mar 2013 14:04:13 3,335 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    mumtoucher wrote:
    It is taking some immense willpower not to unbox one of the saturns and play through guardian heroes.
    I will literally throw cash at you for one of those un-opened Saturns.......dont be hasty!

"The worst part is, I'll have to have the break-up sex with myself!"

• quadfather 8 Mar 2013 14:05:43 12,859 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Come on Mumtoucher, share the love! You know you want to!

G'wannnn :)

psn quaddy456, Dark Souls tips

• mumtoucher 8 Mar 2013 14:21:09 285 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Sound wave, one if them is yours, pm me you're email and we'll talk - im getting a quote from a retro dealer (I know it'll be undervalue) should give me a good indication as I have no idea what any of this stuff is worth. Ebay is totally useless as there's no BNIB Saturn's on there for sensible prices. Or maybe they are sensible?

I can send you a shed load of photos, make sure youre totally happy. I have noticed unfortunately one of the Saturns the game that came with it is not sealed (sonic) which I'm guessing will drop the price a bit but the good one is the virtual fighter and Sega rally one - both of these are sealed.

What price you wanting to pay for the Saturn?

Edited by mumtoucher at 14:22:24 08-03-2013
  • mumtoucher 8 Mar 2013 14:26:06 285 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    And which one u want?
  • Ultrasoundwave 8 Mar 2013 14:29:00 3,335 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Whichever one is un-opened pal.

As far as price is concerned, i would like to pay 5. However, reality says that we're talking an absolute minimum of 100.

• boo 8 Mar 2013 15:05:32 11,824 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Is sealed Nintendo stuff really that valuable?

I went through a phase of buying games, and never getting round to playing them. There's definitely some sealed stuff at home.

Nothing like this though - that's a find worthy of Indiana Jones!

Just Another Lego Blog

• mumtoucher 8 Mar 2013 15:09:39 285 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Let me hear back from the retro dealer - ill sell it to you for what he offers me, as a fellow EG wouldn't want to rip you off mate and want to give you a good price.... Sound fair?
  • mumtoucher 8 Mar 2013 15:11:48 285 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Also by sealed you realise that these consoles were never 'sealed' they're classed as brand new in box. It is in totally mint condition never been unboxed all manufacturer ties etc. etc.
  • quadfather 8 Mar 2013 15:12:13 12,859 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I'm really having a problem here, pining over golden axe 2 on the megadrive

• ZuluHero 8 Mar 2013 15:14:29 4,198 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    There should be a sticker seal on them though? Like a little round see-through sticker or might have a company logo on? have the boxes been opened but not used/unboxed?
  • quadfather 8 Mar 2013 15:22:00 12,859 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Spooge

• Ultrasoundwave 8 Mar 2013 15:24:20 3,335 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @mumtoucher

Yeah thats fine mate, let me know what the dealer says. I know the stuff isnt sealed, just been going through a collecting phase over the last 6 months or so.....as quad will tell you!

• the-stax 8 Mar 2013 15:30:24 18 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    PeacockDreams wrote:
    I see Starfox Adventures, I see Metroid Prime 1. That's 2 games right there on there own if sealed with red tear strip fetch anywhere between 100-200 pound region

You will quickly learn that Nintendo is where it's at in the game collecting world, all because they were clever enough to put tear strips on the seal so they are impossible to be forgeries (people do re-seal games)
    Really? I've just checked my copy of it because I didn't think I'd ever actually got round to playing it, and its still factory sealed, with the red Nintendo strip on it.

As is Super Mario Sunshine and Doshin the Giant.

I've also got a few other sealed games, but while they're sealed, they don't have the Nintendo strip.

Sorry to threadjack Mumtoucher - congrats on your hoard!
  • mumtoucher 8 Mar 2013 15:49:37 285 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    No worries dude, you're gonna be rich mate, sealed game cube games go for mental prices.
  • PeacockDreams 8 Mar 2013 19:59:02 202 posts
    Seen 12 months ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @the-stax yeah really, and your Doshin the Giant sealed goes for around 40-60 and your Super Mario Sunshine can go upwards of 250

Regarding the red strip on Gamecube games, all Nintendo first party titles have the strip with Nintendo in red writing, for example Luigi's Mansion or Metroid Prime and then there are a few games not made by Nintendo but still have the red strip with Nintendo written on it, such as Resident Evil 4

Edited by PeacockDreams at 20:03:37 08-03-2013
  • superdelphinus 8 Mar 2013 20:41:41 8,088 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Whole thing seems suspicious
  • caligari 8 Mar 2013 20:46:39 17,073 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    mumtoucher wrote:
    It is taking some immense willpower not to unbox one of the saturns and play through guardian heroes.
    It would probably be cheaper to just buy the XBLA version.
  • MrTomFTW Moderator 8 Mar 2013 20:50:59 38,628 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    You should post some photos to http://www.reddit.com/r/gamecollecting/

Follow me on Twitter: @MrTom
    Voted by the community "Best mod" 2011, 2012 and 2013.

• Psiloc 8 Mar 2013 22:36:27 1,477 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I don't get how your uncle is apparently so clueless yet has flawless taste in games.
  • caligari 8 Mar 2013 23:07:25 17,073 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    The whole thing is a little odd - but odd is good, right?

It'll probably end up being some kind of elaborate 'plant' for a new 'Retro Gamez' website. Hopefully not!
  • mumtoucher 9 Mar 2013 00:58:35 285 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    He is just a little odd should I say, I'm genuine guys, I have no clue wtf to do with all this stuff - he literally bought every game, and yeah I guess he has good taste. He has so much stuff even now.

I'm taking a 25percent cut so I'm happy to put the hours in. Someone offered me 500 for the dreamcast on ebay. Fucking insane.
  • caligari 9 Mar 2013 01:11:47 17,073 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Are you going to have all the payments going into a separate account?

I imagine keeping track of profit after postage/fees will be a little confusing. Either way, you guys are going to make an awesome amount.

I've placed a bid on the Dreamcast, just because I want to watch what happens with it.

As for your Uncle, does he still buy games/consoles? Did you know that he had all of this stuff? I can't imagine how he would have been able to hide it away and keep it in such great condition - surely the loft would mean that some of the boxes would be a lovely yellow colour?

How has he taken the news in regards to the value of this collection?
  • mumtoucher 9 Mar 2013 01:33:03 285 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Everything was stored in the boxes they were delivered in, which is a result so no discolouring. You would not believe the condition it's like they came out of the factory yesterday. The megadrive 32x is rediculous can't be any BNIB of those left surely? and all the games are like they came from the shop yesterday. To be honest I'm tempted to take the sealed GameCube as my cut. But we'll see how much money this all sells for. It's really quite a daunting task but like I said previously I'm signed off work until April so have a ton of time on my hands.

Gonna use a separate bank account yeah. Good idea.

He still has all the current stuff. 2 x 360's 2 x Wii U's tons of games. I ask him why he does it but he's just like that, can't explain it really. Serious OCD. Sort of guy who covers all his stuff under plastic sheets - you know the type?
  • RobTheBuilder 9 Mar 2013 01:41:17 6,521 posts
    Seen 11 months ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Wish I had the money to buy some of those things!
  • El_MUERkO 9 Mar 2013 03:05:55 17,072 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    fun times mumtoucher, definitely take your time researching ebay and retro gaming forums, i'd also say anything selling for less than a fiver now might be worth a lot in 10+ years if kept in mint condition, just put them back in storage at your uncles
  • mumtoucher 9 Mar 2013 08:06:17 285 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Yeah sound advice there man, think I might just hang on to that stuff for him! Maybe that's bad of me but he is literally a bit mental at times. I wouldn't trust him to not just throw it all out. You guys should see some of the other stuff he has. Vintage toys and shit ranging from original Star Wars boxed toys and other crazy things from 60's and 70's. Again all in mint condition never out of their boxes. Don't get me started on the marvel comic collection. He wants shot of it all........ Interesting times aplenty.

I've said we'll sell the gaming stuff first, then tackle the toys and comics later.

Edited by mumtoucher at 08:35:03 09-03-2013
  • Pinky_Floyd 9 Mar 2013 08:34:59 8,030 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    MrTomFTW wrote:
    You're lucky if those Dreamcast games are in good boxes. I doubt they'll be worth much, but those cases are SO fragile it felt like you only had to look at them to break them.
    Tom, I recently catalogued my own DC collection. None of the boxes have as much as a broken disc tab. I even have some spare sealed empty boxes in case of emergency.

I have thought about selling but doubt I would get much so will probably just hold on to it.

http://www.avforums.com/forums/retro-gaming/1748040-my-dreamcast-collection-pics.html
  • MrTomFTW Moderator 9 Mar 2013 08:57:33 38,628 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    You're definitely lucky then! I've opened factory sealed DC games direct from the distributor that have had no disc teeth left and broken hinges.

Follow me on Twitter: @MrTom
    Voted by the community "Best mod" 2011, 2012 and 2013.

• Pinky_Floyd 9 Mar 2013 09:12:17 8,030 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    MrTomFTW wrote:
    You're definitely lucky then! I've opened factory sealed DC games direct from the distributor that have had no disc teeth left and broken hinges.
    Yep, they break so easily. Most of my games were bought in a shop. Its the postal systems that breaks those brittle tabs. The DC cases are awful for posting. I used to paxk the inside with kitchen roll before posting.
  • Psiloc 9 Mar 2013 09:24:11 1,477 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Take a photo of the 32x and its games. If you've got a new Knuckles Chaotix...

EDIT: Ah just read the list, pity. The 32x itself is pretty F'ing valuable though, a working example with all the bits and pieces fetches about 150 on ebay. A new one... well dayum.

Edited by Psiloc at 09:29:29 09-03-2013
  • Page

of 7 First / Last