Hugo Chavez dies

  • Page

    of 2 First / Last

    Previous
  • thelzdking 5 Mar 2013 22:27:02 4,664 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-latin-america-21679053

    Obviously it's been on the cards for a while now, but it'll be interesting to see what happens to Venezuela next.
  • Jmek 5 Mar 2013 23:05:01 1,389 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    That's really bad news. R.I.P. Hugo you were a great man.
  • mal 5 Mar 2013 23:14:23 23,980 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    thelzdking wrote:
    Obviously it's been on the cards for a while now, but it'll be interesting to see what happens to Venezuela next.
    Very little probably - Chavez chose Nicolas Maduro (the dude delivering that obit) to be his successor in December.

    RIP you mad crazy dude. My favourite international nutter :(
  • spamdangled 5 Mar 2013 23:17:46 27,911 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Jmek wrote:
    That's really bad news. R.I.P. Hugo you were a great man.
    I'm not sure all the political prisoners and victims of human rights abuses would agree.
  • TheSaint 5 Mar 2013 23:22:56 15,676 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Letsgo won't be happy he missed this one.
  • Slint1000 5 Mar 2013 23:40:55 3,091 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Poor old Letsgo; I think more people post something about how he probably wishes he started a death thread than he actually creates these days.

    It's almost as if everyone is trying to beat him to it :D
  • Khanivor 5 Mar 2013 23:46:46 41,821 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Good riddance, cunt.
  • El_MUERkO 6 Mar 2013 00:29:01 17,243 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    R.I.P
  • Deleted user 6 March 2013 02:42:56
    RIP
  • ray 6 Mar 2013 04:23:25 685 posts
    Seen 5 months ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Bye Hugo ._.

    Edit: Posted this in the Documentaries thread, might as well add it here too: The Revolution Will Not Be Televised.

    Edited by ray at 04:53:02 06-03-2013
  • X201 6 Mar 2013 06:25:43 16,551 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    / waits for tinfoil hat mob to start their bonkers CIA assassination theories.


    / places bet on brainwashed assassin (Brainwashing would also explain Pastor Maldonardo's driving last year)
  • CosmicFuzz 6 Mar 2013 07:01:18 28,546 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Seems to be an awful lot of sad faces here. Wasn't he an absolute bastard?
  • Deleted user 6 March 2013 07:57:53
    Adios, Commandanté.

    He made a major, indispensable contribution to the prosperity of my part of the world. And he spoke out, whilst other cowardly 'leaders' remained silent. I'll miss him.
  • spamdangled 6 Mar 2013 08:09:55 27,911 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    CosmicFuzz wrote:
    Seems to be an awful lot of sad faces here. Wasn't he an absolute bastard?
    Pretty much. Wasn't the world's biggest fan of human rights and civil liberties.
  • Gunzberg 6 Mar 2013 08:34:15 1,806 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Finally he's gone. He totally ruined the country's economy
  • roz123 6 Mar 2013 08:38:52 7,112 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    ray wrote:
    Bye Hugo ._.

    Edit: Posted this in the Documentaries thread, might as well add it here too: The Revolution Will Not Be Televised.
    Thats a great watch
  • SClaw 6 Mar 2013 08:51:46 826 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Chavez wasn’t a great man but I respect the way he stood up to the US and stood with his continental neighbours. He kept that region peaceful, if not exactly plentiful for most people, and given its history that’s something of an achievement. He wasn’t a good guy by any measure, and he was a egomaniac, but he also wasn’t a villain.
  • Commander-Keen 6 Mar 2013 08:54:31 896 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Obviously sad on a human level whenever someone dies - awful for the family, so RIP.

    This may not be the occasion to say this, but as a politician, I could never shake the feeling that he was a bit of a cunt.
  • SClaw 6 Mar 2013 08:56:28 826 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Commander Keen wrote:
    This may not be the occasion to say this, but as a politician, I could never shake the feeling that he was a bit of a cunt.
    All of them are?
  • Razz 6 Mar 2013 09:05:49 62,148 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    /plays Tropico 4
  • 4gate 6 Mar 2013 09:09:21 362 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I wonder if all his followers featured on BBC news a couple of weeks back, thanking god for keeping Chavez safe, are this morning reassessing their religion. Probably not.
  • Whizzo 6 Mar 2013 09:09:36 43,915 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Send these guys in to sort things out.

    Edited by Whizzo at 09:10:28 06-03-2013
  • Trafford 6 Mar 2013 09:22:35 6,815 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Wonder if he can smell sulphur now?
  • imamazed 6 Mar 2013 09:38:45 6,216 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    RIP, a proper leader and a beacon of hope to democratic socialists everywhere.

    Just going to ignore all the naysayers, feeding off scraps of disingenuous US propoganda over the last 20 years. In reality, he was the face of 21st century socialism, an inspiration for us all, and used resources to lift millions out of poverty.

    Let's hope that Venezuela elect themselves a credible successor.
  • glaeken 6 Mar 2013 09:45:30 11,410 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    The Venezuelan sector of the EG massive seem to be coming out in force today.
  • SClaw 6 Mar 2013 09:53:25 826 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    imamazed wrote:
    RIP, a proper leader and a beacon of hope to democratic socialists everywhere.

    Just going to ignore all the naysayers, feeding off scraps of disingenuous US propoganda over the last 20 years. In reality, he was the face of 21st century socialism, an inspiration for us all, and used resources to lift millions out of poverty.

    Let's hope that Venezuela elect themselves a credible successor.
    Yeah... you're going a bit far there. He was no monster, but was no siant either.
  • El_MUERkO 6 Mar 2013 09:55:03 17,243 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    darkmorgado wrote:
    CosmicFuzz wrote:
    Seems to be an awful lot of sad faces here. Wasn't he an absolute bastard?
    Pretty much. Wasn't the world's biggest fan of human rights and civil liberties.
    You want to point out some of his tyrannical actions, one's proven and not just made up by his political rivals.
  • spamdangled 6 Mar 2013 10:06:08 27,911 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    anthonypappa wrote:
    he was fairly elected for 14 years or something, wasn't he? can't be that bad.

    what happens next could be interesting though. chances of riots?
    After rigging the system and throwing political opponents in prison, and restricting the press' ability to publish critical stories and effectively taking state control of the judiciary, preventing them from overseeing politically sensitive cases.

    Edited by darkmorgado at 10:06:47 06-03-2013

    Edited by darkmorgado at 10:11:11 06-03-2013
  • Page

    of 2 First / Last

    Previous
Log in or register to reply