DPD - Epic Couriers

• Page

of 1

Previous Next
  • Psychotext 1 Mar 2013 12:20:03 53,802 posts
    Seen 32 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    No... believe it or not, this isn't a spam thread! I'm not going to get you to buy N1k3 shoes or suchlike.

Just wanted to say that DPD are pretty much unmatched in the world of couriers used by online stores in my experience. I ordered something yesterday at about 5pm... if it didn't arrive today there was a very good chance I'd personally lose about 10k.

Got the notification email from DPD this morning, stating that the parcel would be here between 12:04 and 13:04. 12:02 and the driver is sat outside, 12:04 and the parcel is in my hands. This is not my first delivery handed by them, hence the thread. :)

I'd happily pay more if someone like Amazon etc would let me choose them.
  • neilka 1 Mar 2013 12:21:25 15,641 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    It takes two minutes to walk up your drive? Who are you, Madonna?
  • Maturin 1 Mar 2013 12:23:41 2,889 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    They are usually very good. Though the other day a DPD driver left a parcel for me with a neighbour, didn't put a card through my door or put the house number in the online tracking information.

At least when you have a problem they are quick to sort it out - if you go via the twitter team, much more helpful than phoning a depot.
  • Psychotext 1 Mar 2013 12:26:46 53,802 posts
    Seen 32 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    neilka wrote:
    She wishes she had tits like mine.

Edited by Psychotext at 12:26:59 01-03-2013
  • mikew1985 1 Mar 2013 12:38:19 12,587 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Yea, DPD have been decent in my experience, though they could be a bit more prompt, they have usually delivered on the day they have signified that they will deliver on.

I have recently had an experience (well my girlfriend has) with Fastway in Ireland.

GOOD GOD THEY ARE UTTERLY SHITE! really made me appreciate DPD's service by comparison.

Edited by mikew1985 at 13:09:15 01-03-2013
  • elstoof 1 Mar 2013 12:41:05 6,602 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I love DPD. I get a text the day before saying that my driver, ADOLPH will deliver between 14:00 and 16:00, and he always does.
  • TheSaint 1 Mar 2013 12:42:09 14,199 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    The time estimates are useful, saves the usual worry about the doorbell going the minute you're on the loo.
  • kinky_mong 1 Mar 2013 12:46:36 9,952 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Yeah DPD have always been great when I've used them. Always arrive in the hour window that they text you on the delivery day, and when I ordered a new telly the guy even offered to carry it up the stairs for me.

Makes a nice change from a shifty bastard who sticks a card through the door without even knocking or leaves the parcel on an uncovered doorstep when it's snowing (Both of which have happened to me).

I'll never get my Orc looking the same again.

• neilka 1 Mar 2013 12:47:55 15,641 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    elstoof wrote:
    I love DPD. I get a text the day before saying that my driver, ADOLPH will deliver between 14:00 and 16:00, and he always does.
    I think I've got the same guy, last week he delivered eine rake, eine fork and eine hoover.
  • elstoof 1 Mar 2013 12:50:11 6,602 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I ordered some lightbulbs and got a card from city link telling me they were in a safe place. I found the bag 2 days later, chucked into the light well outside my basement kitchen window with a 10 foot drop from my front door.
  • MMMarmite 1 Mar 2013 13:03:20 993 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    elstoof wrote:
    I too have the same driver, he certainly gets around a bit!

It 's great to know that whatever I order will be delivered and undamaged when the Amazon email has DPD on it :)
  • billythekid 1 Mar 2013 13:13:23 11,014 posts
    Seen 52 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Psychotext wrote:
    neilka wrote:
    She wishes she had tits like mine.
    You wish you had biceps like hers.
  • mal 1 Mar 2013 13:16:17 22,334 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I've used DPD twice. First time worked fine. Second time I missed the 'we will be here today at' email and ended up being in the newsagents when they called first - my bad. However, scheduling a redelivery turned out to be a bit fraught. I specified for it to be delivered on a Friday, between 7am and 7pm, and when 7pm rolled past with neither an email or a phonecall I tried to ring them up to find out what had happened - though it seems their offices close at 5pm on weekdays. Fucked up my night out good and proper too.

In their favour, they did wake me up on Saturday when the driver turned up at my door with the package, at no extra cost. And they had sent the email in the early hours of that Saturday (I'd only missed it because I was still asleep).

So they could have done better by emailing me to let me know they couldn't make their scheduled delivery slot on the Friday before 7pm. But at least I didn't have to get a train to their middle of nowhere depot to get my package (I'm looking at you, parcelfarce).

Cubby didn't know how to turn off sigs!

• Jono62 1 Mar 2013 13:57:27 13,957 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    They were great yesterday. Sent me a text the day before to say it was being delivered. Got a text saying they would deliver between 11:40 - 12:40 and they were there at 11:50 according to my flatmate. Thankfully never had to have anything delivered by Yodel after some of the stories I've read.
  • Mr_Sleep 1 Mar 2013 14:01:05 16,840 posts
    Seen 56 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Yeah, I have nothing but good things to say about DPD and their service. They are such an improvement over companies like Shitty Link. The text message thing with time slots is a great idea. I do wonder how they'd cope if I still lived behind an intercom system, it seemed to cause Shitty Link no end of problems to press on my buzzer and ask to be let in.

You are a factory of sadness.

• Whizzo 1 Mar 2013 14:09:47 43,033 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    DPD have certainly been pretty good for me and I have no complaints, I just wish Amazon would use them much more in preference to Yodel/HDNL as they're like DPD from the Mirror Universe.

This space left intentionally blank.

• Dougs 1 Mar 2013 14:14:40 66,642 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I only ever get a 10 hour window. :-/ They do normally deliver though, which is more than can be said for some,
  • Page

of 1

Previous Next