Starting a PS2 collection Page 3

• Page

of 3 First / Last

Next
  • Ultrasoundwave 18 May 2014 20:20:52 3,340 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Latest item added to the collection:

A bit pricey, but a valuable acquisition.

"The worst part is, I'll have to have the break-up sex with myself!"

• mrgrissom 19 May 2014 01:40:12 34 posts
    Seen 23 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @Ultrasoundwave
    forget it unless uve got some serious cash.thats if your going after rpg`s either sealed or other wise.ull need to be in the know about sealed games.
    i suggest head over to sealedgamingheaven.com.

banter is pretty good be aware there are some major dicks though.
    but to be-honest your too late in the day to start sealed ps2 games.
    there are plenty of re-issues too dont be fooled on ebay by them.
    i know the difference ull probably not.
    read up and dont get bitten in the ass with sealed games.

while im at it this may help with sles numbers too.give u a good idea on reprints..
    http://ks23364.kimsufi.com/psxdata/databasepsx/psx2/pal_list2.html

Edited by garyharris at 01:47:10 19-05-2014

Edited by garyharris at 01:52:23 19-05-2014
  • Dairyfree 19 May 2014 01:56:22 1,392 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 months ago
    BANTER.
  • FortysixterUK 19 May 2014 04:24:33 391 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Final Famtast 12. Awesome.

However, can I suggest you concentrate on buying software rather that hardware as there are done amazing ps2 emulators out there that will upscale your ps2 games through the roof. I did this with around 60 of my fave ps2 games recently , and with exception of a few ( the 2 Everquest games, Demon Stone and Fallout brotherhood), I turned them into ISO images that run flawlessly , in 720 p resolution. This breathes a whole new life into your ps2 library. I have done the same with my PS1 collection.

And of course, the emulators support any USB based controller , so that's ps3 or Xbox 360 controllers.

All my ps1 and PS2 games are now safely packed away and live as ISOs on my hard drive.
  • Ultrasoundwave 19 May 2014 08:19:23 3,340 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @garyharris

At this moment in time, I'm sitting on the following - Everything brand new and factory sealed (with the Sony seal) :

PS2 Console
    Ico
    Shadow of the Colossus
    God of War
    God of War II
    GTA III
    GTA Vice City
    Half-Life
    Deus Ex
    Futurama
    Killer 7
    God Hand
    Resident Evil 4
    Marvel Vs Capcom 2
    Star Wars Battlefront
    Metal Gear Solid 2
    Metal Gear Solid 3
    Second Sight
    Kill.Switch

As you can imagine, thats a fair amount of cash spent, particularly on games like MvC2, God Hand and ICO. Im going on a belief that these items will appreciate in value and if i can keep them all in a mint, sealed condition until i retire they could be worth a nice sum.

Maybe I'm wrong, maybe i'll somehow lose money, but either way, i'm enjoying the collection.

• mrgrissom 19 May 2014 11:20:06 34 posts
    Seen 23 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @Ultrasoundwave
    non of those games rare or are actually worth anything barring marvel vs capcom 2.

forget konami games they are never sealed those metal gears u have will be re-issues.
    along with silent hill 2,3,4 zone of the enders 2 and suikoden tactics which all had a re-issue.

theres also final fantasy x/x2 kingdom hearts re-issues about. price should be 10/15 for any of them.

ico / shadow got re-issued aswell without pics i carnt tell u which versions u have.so they will be worthless to a serious 1st issue collector.

digital devil saga 1/2 another re-issue game, kingdom hearts from the new world, shin megami lucifers call.

grand theft autos will be re-issues aswell

theres loads more but i dont have a list to hand, lots of companys re-issued on the quite.

you do well to grab 505 published games.but expect to pay 100 + for raiden 3.

sorry to burst your bubble on what you have but there not worth anything nor likely to be.
  • Psiloc 30 May 2014 14:40:06 1,478 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Ultrasoundwave wrote:
    However, I recently picked up Shadow of the Colossus for 50 and you cant find it anywhere for less than that (new).
    Off-topic, but clicking that link out of nosiness came up with "Instant Order Update for Psiloc. You purchased this item on 26 Sep 2006".

:)

Still have that copy.
  • Psiloc 30 May 2014 14:58:49 1,478 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Collecting sealed games is a minefield of con artistry by the way. Since I collect games to play them my golden rule is to mentally value a game as if it was unsealed, and if it's still a good buy (since it's presumably mint and complete at least) I'll buy it and bust that fucker open.

My reward is that new game smell and mint leaflets etc. to thumb through which is really something for a 20 - 30 year old game. I'd say around half the time though my 'unopened' game has dog-eared manuals and missing shrink wrapping. There's a reason there are entire businesses dedicated to proving games have genuine seals, aren't reproductions etc.
  • OptimusPube 30 May 2014 15:05:13 3,152 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Anyone live near Hull, I have a few PS2 games you can have for free, I'll never play them again, they are good ones too not shitty games, such as God of War, Red Dead Revolver, etc.

If interested PM and I'll give you my Address.

I have a few I'm holding onto though, they are my precious.

Danny MacAskill gives me a boner

• OptimusPube 30 May 2014 15:06:06 3,152 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    If you want me to type the full list I'm willing if interested.

Danny MacAskill gives me a boner

• Ultrasoundwave 30 May 2014 18:27:58 3,340 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    zanglo155 wrote:
    @Ultrasoundwave thankyou
    @zanglo155

For....what?

• Ultrasoundwave 8 Jul 2014 11:37:25 3,340 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Doesn't technically belong in this thread, but i did pick up this masterpiece yesterday :

BRAND NEW Nintendo Gameboy

Yeah the box has been opened, but the Gameboy is completely new and un-used.

Absolutely chuffed!

• Psiloc 8 Jul 2014 11:45:30 1,478 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Nice find, I find that way more interesting than anything for the PS2.

PS. If you don't pop in Tetris for your first game, there's something wrong with you ;)
  • kjelbyth 13 Jul 2014 18:02:08 20 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 3 months ago
    i have some sealed ps2 games i bought from a shop longtime agooo! any1 intrested in traiding for nintendo stuff or buy ?:p

i am a nintendo fan boy xD

so hope some1 else want them :D

http://imgur.com/kikaEUU

Edited by kjelbyth at 18:23:09 13-07-2014
  • Page

of 3 First / Last

Next