I've got number 4 too :)

But that's the jap version and I haven't got it work yet :/
    Worst. Sales pitch. ever.

"The worst part is, I'll have to have the break-up sex with myself!"

• Zomoniac 28 Feb 2013 14:29:49 7,823 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Ultrasoundwave wrote:
    However, I recently picked up Shadow of the Colossus for £50 and you cant find it anywhere for less than that (new).
    I wish that were true. I've got a sealed SotC that I got on release day and never got around to playing (not much point now the remake's out). Holding onto it in the naive hope that at some point everyone will open their sealed copies and it will become a rare thing (same situation with a sealed copy of Metroid Prime Trilogy I have), but at the moment it seems it's £15-20 for a mint opened one and £25-30 for a sealed one.
  • Ultrasoundwave 28 Feb 2013 14:42:47 3,280 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Zomoniac wrote:
    Ultrasoundwave wrote:
    However, I recently picked up Shadow of the Colossus for £50 and you cant find it anywhere for less than that (new).
    I wish that were true. I've got a sealed SotC that I got on release day and never got around to playing (not much point now the remake's out). Holding onto it in the naive hope that at some point everyone will open their sealed copies and it will become a rare thing (same situation with a sealed copy of Metroid Prime Trilogy I have), but at the moment it seems it's £15-20 for a mint opened one and £25-30 for a sealed one.
    I looked pretty much everywhere (Amazon, eBay, Gumtree, Zavvi, Gameseek, etc) before i dropped £50 on SotC - you cannot get it cheaper than £50 brand new.

Couple of months back i paid the same amount for the Metroid Trilogy, which now you cant get for less than £75 new.

• Zomoniac 28 Feb 2013 14:51:31 7,823 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Ultrasoundwave wrote:
    Zomoniac wrote:
    Ultrasoundwave wrote:
    I looked pretty much everywhere (Amazon, eBay, Gumtree, Zavvi, Gameseek, etc) before i dropped £50 on SotC - you cannot get it cheaper than £50 brand new.

Couple of months back i paid the same amount for the Metroid Trilogy, which now you cant get for less than £75 new.
    Something's changed lately then, there are 6 new and sealed SotC for PS2 that have sold on eBay in the last 10 days, cheapest is £28 and the most expensive is £36.

The two completed Metroid Trilogies went for £55 each, but they were both on BIN and there are no auctions running so can't really accurately suggest a current market value on that.
  • TheMightyRose 28 Feb 2013 14:52:34 174 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    God Hand.
    Steambot Chronicles.
    SOS The Final Escape.
    Legend of Kay.
    Manhunt.
    Extermination (a better Thing game than The Thing game)
    Shadow of Memories
    Oh and a little game known as Raw Danger. Don't know if I ever mentioned that on this board beforeski.

Those are off the top of my head. The Mighty Rose has well over 200 hundred ps2 games in his collection and no doubt some will be rarer than others. I even still add to it. I bought Judge Dredd recently even though I heard it was not that great. Tim Rose will give it a play as soon as he finishes playing through Tron 2.0 on his old xbox once more.
  • nickthegun 28 Feb 2013 14:54:16 59,429 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I dont know if it was deliberate, but lapsing into the first person there makes you sound even more stupid than usual.

---------------------------------------------------------
    He totally called it

• quadfather 28 Feb 2013 14:56:13 11,978 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Ultrasoundwave wrote:
    quadfather wrote:
    I've got number 4 too :)

But that's the jap version and I haven't got it work yet :/
    Worst. Sales pitch. ever.
    I really want to get it to work, but it's one of those sd patch card jobbies that I keep fucking up

psn quaddy456, Dark Souls tips

• Ultrasoundwave 28 Feb 2013 14:57:21 3,280 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Zomoniac wrote:
    Ultrasoundwave wrote:
    Zomoniac wrote:
    Ultrasoundwave wrote:

Something's changed lately then, there are 6 new and sealed SotC for PS2 that have sold on eBay in the last 10 days, cheapest is £28 and the most expensive is £36.

The two completed Metroid Trilogies went for £55 each, but they were both on BIN and there are no auctions running so can't really accurately suggest a current market value on that.
    Well no, i cant count private sales or auctions, but if you want to buy a new copy from a store or a retailer, its minimum £50 at the moment....and i can only assume that number will go up.

Edited by Ultrasoundwave at 14:57:39 28-02-2013

• Murbal 28 Feb 2013 14:57:31 22,078 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    This will take you back...
  • Ultrasoundwave 28 Feb 2013 15:00:01 3,280 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @Murbal

Cheers, wasnt even aware that EG did that!.

Will have a read.....

• Murbal 28 Feb 2013 15:03:10 22,078 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @Ultrasoundwave I could also point you to my first ever EG thread :-)

http://www.eurogamer.net/forum/thread/33232
  • Ultrasoundwave 28 Feb 2013 15:05:15 3,280 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Ugh.....i KNEW as soon as i created this thread it would end up costing me a fortune.

• Zomoniac 28 Feb 2013 15:21:11 7,823 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Murbal wrote:
    This will take you back...
    That article just made me go "oooh, maybe my copy of Freak Out, arguably the greatest girl-with-a-scarf-used-to-grab-and-stretched-the-giant-breasts-of-passers-by simulator of all time, is worth something", since they claim it's very rare. It's worth about 43 pence.
  • FuzzyDuck 3 Mar 2013 19:58:20 4,022 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Crikey, I seem to be going the opposite way - I just finished loading up a bag with about 40 PS2 titles with some good (God Of Wars, GTAs, Resi 4, PoP Sands of Time, SSX 3, Ico) and not so good games (seemingly every PES before the series went to shit, Unreal Tournament and MDK2!).

I'm keeping the really good stuff though (Outrun 2006, Viewtiful Joe 1&2, Okami, killer7, Dark Chronicle, Capcom vs. SNK 2 and a few others).

Intend to drop 'em into the second hand shop. I realised that having a big old collection is nice and what have you but it's just a pain in the ass for games that haven't seen the PS2's disc tray in almost half a decade. Actually tempted to have a PS3 cull as well. Think this is why lack of PS4 backwards compatibility is no biggie really.
  • OptimusPube 3 Mar 2013 20:40:33 2,945 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I'll post this then read the other comments but without really stating the obvious games I'd recommend.

Black
    S.O.S: The Final Escape
    Primal
    Mace Griffin: Bounty Hunter

Four very excellent games, I've still got many of my old PS2 games, Just no PS2 to play them on, I can run them on PCSX2 on my laptop but it's a bit hit and miss.

You better watch out.
    You better beware.
    Albert said E=MC²

• Cappy 3 Mar 2013 20:53:24 11,901 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Try and round up a set of the Nippon Ichi games, Disgaea, Phantom Brave, Soul Nomad etc. That will keep you busy for a while and the values are currently rocketing.

I sold my sealed PAL copy of La Pucelle for something ridiculous like £80 last year.

I think it may be too late to pick things up cheap though.
  • RobTheBuilder 3 Mar 2013 22:48:51 6,521 posts
    Seen 9 months ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Not checked earlier responses but:

Gradius V
    R Type Final
    Ico
  • Ultrasoundwave 4 Mar 2013 08:44:57 3,280 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Thanks for the advice chaps - had a look around on the internet too and managed to find this website, which has given me a few more ideas.

MGS 3 : Subsistence Limited Edition would probably be the easiest to find out of that list, fuck knows how much i'd have to pay for it though! :eek:

• PazJohnMitch 10 Mar 2013 06:58:51 8,001 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Cappy wrote:
    Try and round up a set of the Nippon Ichi games, Disgaea, Phantom Brave, Soul Nomad etc. That will keep you busy for a while and the values are currently rocketing.

I sold my sealed PAL copy of La Pucelle for something ridiculous like £80 last year.

I think it may be too late to pick things up cheap though.
    I have a sealed copy of La Pucelle.
  • michaeljnesbitt 11 Dec 2013 08:53:21 1 posts
    Seen 9 months ago
    Registered 9 months ago
    I think these are the best idea you have to think that, PS2 games shops not bad idea it can make more benefits to you because there are many people in this world are to be crazy about the PS2 games as well as new xbox one games that's why these are the best idea for you...Thanks.:champo2:
    new xbox one

Edited by michaeljnesbitt at 08:54:15 11-12-2013
  • Ultrasoundwave 16 Dec 2013 17:24:03 3,280 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    latest addition to the collection :

Had a look over my collection last night and its coming together nicely, everything factory sealed :

PS2 Console
    GTA 3
    GTA Vice City
    MGS 2
    MGS 3
    Half-life
    Resident Evil 4
    iCO
    Shadow of the Colossus
    Rogue Trooper
    Deus Ex
    Splinter Cell
    God of War
    God of War II

My only concern (and im pretty sure i already know the answer to this) is that a few of the games look.......suspicious.

God of War, Half-Life and GTA 3 are all sealed, but they dont have the Playstation 2 rip tab around them and they dont have a PS2 Hologram on the bottom left of the box (on the back).

I assume this means their fakes....

• Cappy 16 Dec 2013 17:49:25 11,901 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Some PAL games have the stupid hologram label on the front, some on the back some don't have them at all. I'm not sure why, maybe it depends on what Country they were originally destined for, or perhaps some production runs just didn't get them through error.

The label seems to be an addition at a later stage in the manufacturing process. Fake PS2 games look nothing like the retail versions they're rarely PAL boxes, pirates always make a bastardised version of the NTSC packaging so I wouldn't worry about it.

I once bought a job lot of official PS2 cases for spares, they were the real thing with memory card holder etc. but they had never got to the stage where the game had been packed in so none of them had the hologram.
  • quadfather 20 Jan 2014 14:23:25 11,978 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    slightly related -

My Ps3 phat has finally bit the dust, so I'm replacing it with a slim one.

So, I've picked up a second hand Ps2 to carry on with my ps2 gaming.

I've got a component cable that worked on the ps3, but it doesn't appear to work on the ps2. I can get sound, but no picture.

Am I just being a spacker and doing something wrong, or do you need a specific ps2 component cable for the ps2? (Ebay says otherwise)

psn quaddy456, Dark Souls tips

• whatfruit 20 Jan 2014 14:26:53 1,435 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Disgaea
    Maximo
    Timesplitters 2
  • dominalien 21 Jan 2014 09:37:39 6,848 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    quadfather wrote:
    slightly related -

My Ps3 phat has finally bit the dust, so I'm replacing it with a slim one.

So, I've picked up a second hand Ps2 to carry on with my ps2 gaming.

I've got a component cable that worked on the ps3, but it doesn't appear to work on the ps2. I can get sound, but no picture.

Am I just being a spacker and doing something wrong, or do you need a specific ps2 component cable for the ps2? (Ebay says otherwise)
    The PS2 has a setting in the options to select between component and RGB. It's probably set to RGB (which is to be used with a SCART cable).

PSN: DonOsito

• Ultrasoundwave 25 Jan 2014 19:18:11 3,280 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Got another new addition to the collection today, one I'm very happy with not only because i love the show but also because the game is quite rare and hard to pick up for a good price (which i did!) :

• DUFFMAN5 27 Jan 2014 04:53:25 14,567 posts
    Seen 40 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @Ultrasoundwave
    Nice one, I really enjoyed the game, I am a bit of a Futurama nut mind you :-)

Do you ever intend on opening the games ?
    Do you have them on display ?

"Duffman the grey is thrusting in the direction of the problem! Oh, yeah!"

• Ultrasoundwave 27 Jan 2014 07:37:09 3,280 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @DUFFMAN5

Hey Duff,

Yeah i'm chuffed with Futurama, love the show and i did play the game back in the day on the original xbox.

No, i haven't opened any of the games and i don't plan on it - my entire collection, including the console, are all factory sealed and brand new. i'm running on a hunch that if i can keep it all in mint condition until i retire (30-odd years) it will be a nice little boost to my retirement fund.

Added another addition last night as it happened - this one gets MASSIVE rare points and it finished off the last of my christmas money, chuffed to have it in the collection though :

• Page

of 3 First / Last