Weirdos you've encountered Page 5

• Page

of 6 First / Last

• Youthist 26 Feb 2013 06:40:05 10,010 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I think RedSparrow was talking about his spelling of "privileges".

Think of how stupid the average person is, and realise half of them are stupider than that

• jonsaan 26 Feb 2013 07:28:23 25,326 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Waffleaber wrote:
    I work in retail so there's too many to list.

The two "best" reoccuring ones at the moment are firstly the lady who walks straight in touches (sometimes licking her finger beforehand) the back to my laptop and walks out saying nothing.

Secondly the old guy who, every other day, used to walk really slowly to the back of the shop to get a drink of water from the cooler and then walked out saying nothing. One day we hid the cups and when he came in he stared blankly at where the cups were, turned to me, made the drinky drinky motion, shrugged and walked out never to be seen again.
    Many moons ago I worked in an estate agents where a lady would come ine every day, collect a free paper and then knock the door she had opened as she left, behind her back, if that makes sense.

After about a month I held the door open for her and kept opening it wider each time she attempted to do the backhand knock. Unable to perform her ritual left her most flustered and she never came back again as I recall.

FCUTA!

• rivuzu 26 Feb 2013 09:53:40 950 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Mola_Ram wrote:
    I've wondered for a while now about the whole anti-gypsy thing (I'm assuming that was the group FuzzyDuck was talking about). It seems completely outlandish the stories that people tell about them as a bunch of child-abusing, jobless thieves, but the stories are so widespread, on an international scale, it's mind-boggling.
    And the stories aren't there without some credence. OK, we've had pop-culture reference them (Snatch, Big Fat Gypsy Wedding, etc) but anyone who has come into contact with these travelling drossbags knows how it works. You just can't even communicate with them. Remember, this is a group of people choosing to grate against normal standards of living by staying in mobile homes, outside of the system of conventional rules that the rest of us have to adhere to, and receiving an extremely poor education for their children and future generations in doing so (This part isn't fluff. I live in Southend, but you probably saw the Saddlers Farm eviction on the news last year? That was down the road to me. Well, they didn't move far, they're just a few fields over now, but the kids from this camp attend the one primary school - which is about to be put into special measures because of the sudden influx of children who can barely read, write or do basic tasks).

I can stand most people, but this group I cannot stand. I'm with Fuzzy on this one.
  • MetalDog 26 Feb 2013 10:08:19 23,708 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I'm part gypsy - Roma, rather than Irish traveller - and I'd just like to remind people that wishing ethnic groups out of existence and holding them all up to the worst examples and saying 'they're all like this' is Not Good(tm).

-- boobs do nothing for me, I want moustaches and chest hair.

• Deckard1 26 Feb 2013 10:09:06 27,119 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Put a curse on them MetalDog!
  • MetalDog 26 Feb 2013 10:16:49 23,708 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Only if you buy some lucky heather first. Five pound only.

• rivuzu 26 Feb 2013 10:18:24 950 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    MetalDog wrote:
    I'm part gypsy - Roma, rather than Irish traveller - and I'd just like to remind people that wishing ethnic groups out of existence and holding them all up to the worst examples and saying 'they're all like this' is Not Good(tm).
    No one's wishing ethnic groups out of existence. Just showing their displeasure with those they've met, and wishing a quick exit for them from this world.
    I've also got some french romani in me, and I've met that side of the family and find them to be agreeable people.

The Saddlers Farm type of cunt can just fuck off.
  • kinky_mong 26 Feb 2013 10:18:34 9,950 posts
    Seen 47 seconds ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Check your not missing a hatchet as well, Fuzzy will know where it is if you're worried.

I'll never get my Orc looking the same again.

• MetalDog 26 Feb 2013 10:22:12 23,708 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    @rivuzu

It's comments like this that bother me:
    What the actual fuck! These cunts get all the privelages but follow none of the rules. Fuck the PC brigade, put all their inbred asses on a fucking boat and sink it!

Particularly when talking about a group of people who are having trouble in parts of Europe of the 'go into hospital for appendix and come out minus womb' variety.

• RedSparrows 26 Feb 2013 11:17:15 21,995 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Yeah, that pesky PC brigade, not liking mass murder, tcha!
  • RedSparrows 26 Feb 2013 11:18:31 21,995 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    rivuzu wrote:
    MetalDog wrote:
    No one's wishing ethnic groups out of existence. Just showing their displeasure with those they've met, and wishing a quick exit for them from this world.

I get that travellers of various types cause problems: I've had to deal with some in a 'customer focused' environment before, and it was bollocks. And I get this is just a forum, yadda yadda yadda. But all the same, it jolts. Especially when you're somehow allowed to abdicate your reason and say you dislike the whole sorry lot, when actually you're angry at a select group you've encountered.

Edited by RedSparrows at 11:20:52 26-02-2013
  • rivuzu 26 Feb 2013 11:34:33 950 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @RedSparrows Sorry chap, that's how I thought I was coming across. There probably are travellers out there who are genuinely wonderful people, but all the ones I've met are simply awful.

Then again, same could be said of a lot of non-travelling folk. Being a cunt is not, unfortunately, an ethnicity.
  • Deckard1 26 Feb 2013 11:39:25 27,119 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Last year my girlfriends shoe came off on one of the rides at the fair, and one of the carny folk climbed up on top of the waltzer to get it for her. So they're not all bad. He did have a visible erection when he came down though, so I'm unsure of his motives.
  • kinky_mong 26 Feb 2013 11:39:39 9,950 posts
    Seen 47 seconds ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I preferred this thread when it was talking about life's colourful characters, rather than yet another Bigots vs. PC Brigade snooze-athon.

I'll never get my Orc looking the same again.

• 4gate 26 Feb 2013 12:05:20 362 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Heres one I see a bit

http://locallegend.3forum.biz/t8-market-dave-altrincham

And here he is in action

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3NlqGIJmELI

There is even a song

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=02lw5qIMR-M
  • roz123 26 Feb 2013 12:20:12 7,112 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Where I was living whilst at uni there was this bloke who was constantly walking up our road, you would sometimes see him about 7 or 8 times within an hour. Turns out his girlfriend who he was living with was a prostitute and he would rather walk around the block then stay in the house whilst she was working.
  • Lukus 26 Feb 2013 12:21:26 18,996 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Pretty much every time I go swimming there's this fat creepy weirdo (he has the look we all recognise as being not quite right) who attempts to make conversation with me. His opening gambit it always one of two things:

"I've never seen it this busy before!"
    or "How's the temperature? They've had complaints about the temperature in here..."

I've seen him do it to other swimmers too. I've even seen him deliberately changing lanes to go and say it to someone while they're taking a rest.

Paintings & Photographs

• nickthegun 26 Feb 2013 12:31:56 58,782 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Theres a guy who stands outside my daughters school with a couple of spaniels every morning who im absolutely positive doesnt have kids..

---------------------------------------------------------
    He totally called it

• DFawkes 26 Feb 2013 12:36:40 22,587 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Nothing wrong with a harmless bit of paedofishing now. Reel 'em in with puppies, then show them yours. By which I mean your genitals.

I'd kick the living daylights out of the producers of Tipping Point - Ghandi

• Load_2.0 26 Feb 2013 12:38:07 18,877 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Deckard1 wrote:
    Last year my girlfriends shoe came off on one of the rides at the fair, and one of the carny folk climbed up on top of the waltzer to get it for her. So they're not all bad. He did have a visible erection when he came down though, so I'm unsure of his motives.
    You didn't have good decency to finish him off?
  • nickthegun 26 Feb 2013 12:41:10 58,782 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I was at a fair a few years ago and was wearing some prescription aviator sunglasses.

One of the dodgem guys harrassed me for about 10 minutes, trying to get me to swap my sunglasses for his shitty John Lennons that 'make all yellow stuff appear red. really fucking trippy'.

EVEN IF I WANTED TO SWAP, YOU COULDNT EVEN SEE OUT OF THEM ANYWAY, YOU FUCKING MONG.

---------------------------------------------------------
    He totally called it

• MightyMetalMonkey 26 Feb 2013 13:56:55 600 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Working in a university I meet a lot of weird people.

Like the foreign student who was convinced that not only were her government hacking her account, but they were changing the contents of her thesis as well...
    No attempt to explain why this wasn't very likely (I'm sure totalitarian regimes are very strict on theories of pre-school education) or why it just wasn't possible for them to be doing so, was ever believed.
    And you could tell that they really believed this.
  • FuzzyDuck 26 Feb 2013 16:44:30 3,892 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Apologies if I offended anyone. I know tarring everyone (and I'm referring to specifically Irish travellers, as they are the ones I've had contact with) with the same brush is bad form, but opinions are shaped on your experiences, and my experiences with these people are all negative. Their only contribution to society is a drain on resources and are at best a headache, at worst a genuine threat to normal, hardworking people.

Me saying 'sink the lot of 'em' is an overreaction, I was pretty pissed off at the time, keyboard warrior and what have you. How about they get an island for themselves somewhere as they don't want to be functioning members of this society, and most people I know would be happy to see the back of them.

And I'm sure if anyone had a bunch move next door to them their first response wouldn't be "can't wait to meet the new neighbours!".
  • glaeken 26 Feb 2013 16:50:19 11,091 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I remember someone in a waiting room I did not know suddenly telling me they were not mad. Kind of funny really as uttering I am not mad to total strangers with no provocation kind of demonstrates you probably are.
  • ronuds 26 Feb 2013 16:53:55 21,788 posts
    Seen 11 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    These stories are hilarious. A woman who touches the laptop and then leaves - wtf? :D

I pumped gas way back when - had a lady who had to use the bathroom really badly, but ours was out of service. That didn't stop her from going, though. She took a runny one behind the soda machine instead.

Another guy used to come in who was so drunk that some of the other guys would call him an arsehole to his face and he didn't even react. He just wanted his Winstons.
  • jellyhead 26 Feb 2013 17:05:12 24,350 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @MightyMetalMonkey I work at a Uni too and had a similar issue. We had a PhD student who demanded local admin rights on his PC and then proceeded to remove anyone who wasn't him from the groups. He then also demanded Full Access to his home area so he could remove everyone elses' access.

Because we were totally going to read and edit their thesis as we have nothing better to do!
    *sigh*

Wannabe Academics. Bloody loons the lot of 'em! ;)

This signature intentionally left blank.

• glaeken 26 Feb 2013 17:15:02 11,091 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    The guy who stands outside Charing cross station shouting at everyone about Prince Phillip and the Masons murdering people is pretty good. Only itís actually pretty tricky to tell that is what he is shouting as he talks really fast and has a fairly unintelligible accent. Luckily he has placards with the major bullet points of his fruitcake theory spelled out on them. He even has a web site which is fairly amazing really given he is a total fruit bat.

http://stopsecretcults.blogspot.co.uk/

It's a while since I read his site but my fav story from it was the time the free masons employed some youths to steal his glasses. They ran off declaring they had stolen his glasses in the name of the free masons.

Edited by glaeken at 17:16:39 26-02-2013
  • Locky 26 Feb 2013 23:30:12 583 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    imamazed wrote:
    imamazed wrote:
    Anyone been acquainted with the Norwich/Yarmouth puppet man?
    rivuzu wrote:

Oh, and in Yarmouth, there's some sort of strange busker... he plays music through a portable stereo, has a puppet on one hand, and just wiggles there like he's doing the longest running harlem shake ever. I actually lost twenty minutes of the day once just watching him, wondering if he'd take a break - he didn't.

Only occurs to me in hindsight that he might've been having some sort of fit :l

;) Bit of a local legend in those parts. Remember when some oiks in Yarmouth beat him up the whole city was saddened.
    I live in Norwich so regularly see the Puppet Man in the city! There were rumours of his demise a few years ago on Facebook but they proved to be false!
  • Scurrminator 27 Feb 2013 00:42:19 8,377 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    FuzzyDuck wrote:
    Apologies if I offended anyone. I know tarring everyone (and I'm referring to specifically Irish travellers, as they are the ones I've had contact with) with the same brush is bad form, but opinions are shaped on your experiences, and my experiences with these people are all negative. Their only contribution to society is a drain on resources and are at best a headache, at worst a genuine threat to normal, hardworking people.

Me saying 'sink the lot of 'em' is an overreaction, I was pretty pissed off at the time, keyboard warrior and what have you. How about they get an island for themselves somewhere as they don't want to be functioning members of this society, and most people I know would be happy to see the back of them.

And I'm sure if anyone had a bunch move next door to them their first response wouldn't be "can't wait to meet the new neighbours!".
    Just ask yourself would you say this about black people? Or how the Polish took ouuuurrrrrr jeeerbs?
    I get that some of them do not help their image BUT there are a lot more that are perfectly decent people. It's my wife's job to work with their communities and get their kids into school.
    I think what I'm trying to say is don't be a racist douche.

Those YouTube videos of the fight threatening Irish travellers are funny though :-)

You dare to strike Scurrcules!?

• cubbymoore 27 Feb 2013 00:45:19 36,468 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Anyone in Brighton seen the guy who hangs outside Churchill Square and asks passers-by "Are you going to hell?"

That is a bold opening gambit.
  • Page

of 6 First / Last