Anyone familiar with iCade/iPad and blue tooth controllers?

• Page

of 1

Previous Next
  • D_arkTrooper 22 Feb 2013 13:19:07 1,297 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Hey all,

This is a bit of a long shot, but I can't seem to find any information about this during my searches online.

Anyway, the crack is that I've just bought a SteelSeries FREE blue tooth controller and am trying to get it working with Gridlee (MAME4iOS) on my iPad2.

The pad apparently uses the iCade driver which needs to be selected from within the MAME4iOS settings. Syncing it isn't a problem and the iPad and MAME know the device is there and the directions and buttons function fine. The problem starts when I come to remapping the controls from within MAME itself, the button layouts are crazy. For example to change the first fire button, instead of it just saying button 1 (or whatever), it will say Coin or 1p Start as the name of the button/input. It's kind of like there are macros for the buttons already set up and I can't figure out how/if I can change them.

Setting up MAME on Android and PC with this pad is easy and I've had no issues there at all, it's just iOS driving me nuts.

I know it's a massive long shot but was just curious if any forum members have any experience with this kind of thing and could shed some light on this irritating problem.

3DS Friend Code : 5000-2484-1471

Animal Crossing alter ego: Andy from Stoke

• Page

of 1

Previous Next