Next generation games - your dreams and hopes? Page 2

• Page

of 3 First / Last

• muttler 21 Feb 2013 21:51:55 4,288 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I know its boring and unhip, but I'm by far the most excited by the next gen iterations of the same old franchises, namely Killzone, MGS, Halo, Forza, PGR, Tekken, Gears, Uncharted, Rainbow Six, etc and so on.

This might sound unsophisticated, but I just want the same games I'm playing now, but with graphics that astonish and amaze.† Innovation and ideas are great but mostly I just want bigger, shinier, better, and more immersive.
  • Ziz0u 21 Feb 2013 21:57:45 8,648 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    meme wrote:
    I walked home yesterday.

I suddenly realised what it must be like to not give a shit.
    No. That's what it's like being a Wii U owner.
  • NOSAVIOUR 21 Feb 2013 21:58:18 2,810 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I want an open world Halo. Perhaps set on an actual Halo. Massive new 3D Mario again set in the Mario kingdom. Not smaller platform sections or spheres as much as I loved Galaxy. A Zelda as expansive as Skyrim with dungeons you can just stumble upon and not pivotal to the actual quest and other wonders. Would love a new Nintendo IP on the scale of their biggest AAA games too that's story intensive. A Mario kart inspired by Smash Brothers in that its set in nintendo world rather than Mario's world and finally Far Cry 4 dinosaur hunter.

Edited by NOSAVIOUR at 21:59:03 21-02-2013
  • King_Edward 21 Feb 2013 22:01:33 11,471 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I want games set in single, small locations. Like a country cottage or sail boat.
  • munki83 21 Feb 2013 22:02:36 1,454 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    muttler wrote:
    I know its boring and unhip, but I'm by far the most excited by the next gen iterations of the same old franchises, namely Killzone, MGS, Halo, Forza, PGR, Tekken, Gears, Uncharted, Rainbow Six, etc and so on.

This might sound unsophisticated, but I just want the same games I'm playing now, but with graphics that astonish and amaze.† Innovation and ideas are great but mostly I just want bigger, shinier, better, and more immersive.
    I'm with you :D but lets go a step further.. bring back variety in gaming. Lets have a no1 lives forever 3, tie fighter 2, little big adventure 3, persona 5, 2d top down rpgs, 2d platformers, party games, paparapper, vib ribbon..... more games nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom
  • JohnnyIsTruant 21 Feb 2013 23:39:03 57 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @munki83 Vib Ribbon! It does exist! I was convinced I had just dreamed that.
  • Deleted user 21 February 2013 23:39:26
    My hopes have disappeared in a blaze of social media and wet pavements.
  • JohnnyIsTruant 21 Feb 2013 23:40:49 57 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Anywho I'd really like to see a push forward into the artistic realm of gaming we've been seeing more often recently. Braid, Limbo, Journey and Flower were some of the most stunning games this (or is it last?) gen.
  • bladdard 22 Feb 2013 00:07:15 1,021 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    graysonavich wrote:
    bladdard wrote:
    graysonavich wrote:
    I sat helplessly in traffic tonight. My nose pressed up against the window watching the other lane of traffic whizz by blissfully unawares of my torture.

I suddenly realised what it must be like to be a console gamer.
    The PC owners are broken down at the side of the road with the drivers head in a configuration file wondering why the car won't start.
    I know, I somehow wish Steam was easier to use.
    I game on PC and doubtless steam has improved things but I would say 25% of the games I play on PC require some form of driver update, patch, config file tweak. Witcher 2 stuttered like a bitch required a patch and driver updated, GTA collection thinks my on board VGA is the only video driver I have and will not used my dedicated 3d card no matter how hard I try, mass effect required me to manually alter the config file changing buffer settings and many other games require hours of pissing about to get them to work. Console games do away with all this tedious nonsense which is why I prefer consoles to PC's.

I still own a PC but I'd love it if consoles did away with my need for them.
  • Sandbox 22 Feb 2013 00:31:21 340 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Razz wrote:
    A full F-Zero Wii U game, it's all I want from this generation :(
    This. And if poss a new Star Fox that's not shit. PS 4 can go fuck itself as I have already built myself a box that can play old PC games really well.
  • yegon 22 Feb 2013 08:10:51 5,416 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Razz wrote:
    True, but the only problem is the unlikelihood of it being anywhere near as good as the peerless GX. That was a masterpiece, still looks great (assuming you're not a graphics fixated numpty) and the frame rate is still something to drool over.
  • THFourteen 22 Feb 2013 08:24:47 34,471 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I really pray that i'll be able to play my Spectrum games on PS4.
  • ResidentKnievel 22 Feb 2013 09:10:02 6,291 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Razz wrote:

[code]Armoured_Bear wrote:
    Unlike yourself, I don't have a weird obsession with any platform.[/code]

• Scimarad 22 Feb 2013 09:27:27 8,637 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I really want someone to do Spore properly. I'm not even that fussed about the evolution aspect; Conquering/Uniting the world and then going on to colonise space with lots of customization and being able to make my own cool vehicles please!

Also, Elder Scrolls crossed with The Sims! Make adventuring dangerous enough so that the lure of easy money from treasure is offset with permadeath. Mix in the whole ordinary careers, dynasty building and ageing so that you if your character may not progress up the social ladder, you children might. Plus, if you are an adventurer, it would be cool to pass down your awesome adventuring gear:)

Slightly more realistically, a nice sandbox Cyberpunk game with flying cars would be nice. Or, you know, someone just make the modern successor to Mercenary 3!

Yeah, I don't want much, do I?
  • Triggerhappytel 22 Feb 2013 10:25:18 2,695 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Better AI - I still consider Elites in Halo: Combat Evolved to be the most thrilling and enjoyable FPS enemy. That game is near 12 years old now.

Original gameworlds/settings. I think this is a big part of hy the original Assassin's Creed was such a success - it explored an era untouched by videogames, and despite its many flaws, felt exciting because of that.
  • Ultrasoundwave 22 Feb 2013 10:32:02 3,411 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I'm personally looking for 'Evolution' rather than 'Revolution' from the next generation of games.

I'd like to see more realistic graphics across the board and more attention to detail, from little things (like improving crowd animations on FIFA) to big things (full destruction of environments in games like COD, Battlefield, etc).

Naturally, i'd also like to see improved performances for games. Some recent games, like Far Cry 3, have visibly struggled at times on the consoles due to the sheer size of the game environments and the graphical power that the devs have tried to produce.

I'd also like to see some new IP's. Obviously Sony are probably the best at this with Last of Us, Beyond, Knack and DriveClub all in development, but i think Mircosoft need to catch up - i dont just want to see Halo 5, Forza 5, Gears of War 4, etc.

"The worst part is, I'll have to have the break-up sex with myself!"

• morriss 22 Feb 2013 10:33:47 71,286 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    My dreams and hopes are focused on consumers holding companies accountable for broken promises (Sony), turning their backs on the core (MS), and trying to resell the same concepts which didn't work first time round in a shiny new jacket (Nintendo) and not actually buy them until the companies learn that hyperbole doesn't win you shit.

Will that day ever come?
  • Dirtbox 22 Feb 2013 10:34:42 79,210 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I hope and dream of these thread fucking off.

+1 / Like / Tweet this post

• Deleted user 22 February 2013 10:37:28
    morriss wrote:
    My dreams and hopes are focused on consumers holding companies accountable for broken promises (Sony), turning their backs on the core (MS), and trying to resell the same concepts which didn't work first time round in a shiny new jacket (Nintendo) and not actually buy them until the companies learn that hyperbole doesn't win you shit.

Will that day ever come?
    I just want fun games. Because frankly there are more important things in the world to care about.
  • morriss 22 Feb 2013 10:42:29 71,286 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Fun is boring.
  • DaM 22 Feb 2013 10:44:02 13,535 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    cubbymoore wrote:
    I want a dog racing simulator.
    Greyhound-urismo?

That nearly works. With the enhanced social aspects brought to us by the PS4, you have have a bunch of mates, all over the world, shouting "50p on trap 6", "you bastard dog" etc.
  • PenguinJim 22 Feb 2013 10:44:37 6,010 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Ultrasoundwave wrote:
    I'd like to see more realistic graphics across the board and more attention to detail, from little things (like improving crowd animations on FIFA) to big things (full destruction of environments in games like COD, Battlefield, etc).
    You can get that today by buying a decent PC.

Ultrasoundwave wrote:
    Naturally, i'd also like to see improved performances for games. Some recent games, like Far Cry 3, have visibly struggled at times on the consoles due to the sheer size of the game environments and the graphical power that the devs have tried to produce.

Ultrasoundwave wrote:
    I'd also like to see some new IP's. Obviously Sony are probably the best at this with Last of Us, Beyond, Knack and DriveClub all in development, but i think Mircosoft need to catch up - i dont just want to see Halo 5, Forza 5, Gears of War 4, etc.
    Hmmm... where to find a decent stash of new IP? I wonder if there might be somewhere to go for all that today?

Ultrasoundwave didn't write:
    I'd like some new gaming experiences - something that hasn't been offered before, with the potential to add something entirely new and great to gaming.
    Yeah, me too - it would be nice to see the console manufacturers offer something that isn't already available today. Oh, wait, you didn't ask for that. :p What's stopping you from getting a PC?
  • SClaw 22 Feb 2013 10:48:18 826 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I want more pixels. Because better graphics equals better storytelling, right? Right?!?

But seriouslyÖ fewer international barriers. More simultaneous worldwide releases, faster conversions for Japanese games and more parity between international pricing and availability.

I know generally we get games a couple of days after US release but there is no real reason for the lag, nor is there any reason we have to wait years for some JP games to be translated and converted (fan-lations prove it can be done in a matter of days or weeks depending on the game). This occasional USD = Euro = Pound bullshit needs to stop as well, and I donít know why same-language PSN (etc) stores arenít exactly the same (ratings etc aside) because surely itís just a check box in a database.
  • Deleted user 22 February 2013 10:51:07
    PenguinJim wrote:
    Ultrasoundwave wrote:

Ultrasoundwave wrote:

Ultrasoundwave wrote:
    Hmmm... where to find a decent stash of new IP? I wonder if there might be somewhere to go for all that today?

Ultrasoundwave didn't write:
    I'd like some new gaming experiences - something that hasn't been offered before, with the potential to add something entirely new and great to gaming.
    Yeah, me too - it would be nice to see the console manufacturers offer something that isn't already available today. Oh, wait, you didn't ask for that. :p What's stopping you from getting a PC?
    How much does this decent PC cost? (for a significant - worthwhile - improvement over current gen).
  • PenguinJim 22 Feb 2013 11:22:18 6,010 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    £419.
  • Ultrasoundwave 22 Feb 2013 11:51:42 3,411 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Syrette wrote:
    simsini wrote:
    The extra horse power should lead to improved AI, which should be more important than pure graphical prowess.
    I agree, I want more horses in games.

"The worst part is, I'll have to have the break-up sex with myself!"

• Deleted user 22 February 2013 11:55:01
    PenguinJim wrote:
    £419.
    Ooh, how big an improvement?
  • Page

of 3 First / Last