Knack - PS4 Page 2

• Page

of 2 First / Last

Next
  • Armoured_Bear 21 Feb 2013 10:31:20 11,281 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    King_Edward wrote:
    The guy described it as Crash Bandicoot meets Katamari, with a dollop of God of War. I like all those games individually, so we'll see.
    Sounds good to me, definitely a highlight for me, Doesn't look incredible but looks not entirely derivative and possibly fun.

XBL : ecosse011172
    PSN : ecosse_011172
    NNID : armoured_bear

• Mr-Brett 21 Feb 2013 10:31:45 12,799 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago

Level 37 Social Justice Warrior

• Psychotext 21 Feb 2013 11:11:50 54,237 posts
    Seen 24 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Mmm... massive input lag. The best part was that they then went on to say about how they'd improved the speed of the transmission by using Gakai tech. God knows how bad it was before.
  • dominalien 22 Feb 2013 16:18:11 6,882 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    This made no impression on me whatsoever during the conference, but rewatching the trailer right now I'm very interested. Looks like the story might invoke emotions not unlike those created by Team ICO's games. If the gameplay is up to scratch, we should have a gem.

PSN: DonOsito

• chrisno21 22 Feb 2013 18:43:13 1,511 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I thought it looked great, giving a new IP the headlines can be risky if its a dud but this looks to have that playstation vibe.

PSN/NNID: chrisno21
    twitter: @NumbersFox

• dominalien 22 Feb 2013 19:37:24 6,882 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I think it was very fitting next to the graphically impressive, mainstream big hitters like the new Killzone and the Bungie game. I think they were basically trying to say: here's the graphically impressive stuff, but here's the quirky stuff we're known for, we haven't forgotten about it either.

Unfortunately, as history teaches us, these come out well about as often as not, so the only thing to do is wait for reviews. :-)

PSN: DonOsito

• Armoured_Bear 10 Jun 2013 22:23:38 11,281 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I like the look of this from what I've seen at E3, Mark Cerny comes across as a good guy too.

• Deleted user 10 June 2013 22:30:32
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    I like the look of this from what I've seen at E3, Mark Cerny comes across as a good guy too.
    +1

Just seen him talking in GT. Very smart guy. I think Knack looks fun.
  • Armoured_Bear 10 Jun 2013 22:37:35 11,281 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    SG59 wrote:
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    +1

Just seen him talking in GT. Very smart guy. I think Knack looks fun.
    Yep, that's what I watched, nice bullshit-free down to earth nerdy guy, such a refreshing change from the likes of Reggie and every MS Suit cunt.

• chrisno21 14 Jun 2013 09:39:28 1,511 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I'm picking this up at launch - unless it does a genji and turns out to be terrible (warning signs were string with that one though). Cerny is at the helm so I've no worries on that and think it provides a good alternative to shooting and driving.

PSN/NNID: chrisno21
    twitter: @NumbersFox

• FogHeart 28 Jun 2013 17:30:27 946 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    After watching Cerny's keynote speech, which didn't feature Knack, I think I know what's going on. He stated that it's his aspiration that early in the generation developers get good games running quickly, but the architecture affords them new avenues of exploration in later years. To that end Knack is an exercise in repurposing the GPU for physics calculations. All those bits of knack flying and bouncing about, their shapes meaning that collisions are nontrivial calculations, is Mark saying "here are the kind of tricks we expect to see later down the line."
  • Page

of 2 First / Last

Next