Defiance: The Game Page 4

• Page

of 40 First / Last

• Vortex808 23 Mar 2013 15:26:03 7,318 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Guess it sounds like I shall definitely have to add another game to the pile.

My wife will be *so* happy. :D
  • fletch7100 23 Mar 2013 15:30:16 7,360 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Problem with the servers now, I keep replaying the same mission over and over. Always get a servers aren't working message halfway through
  • DFawkes 23 Mar 2013 15:54:24 23,363 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    fletch7100 wrote:
    The worst part is getting damaged by the splash damage, so is fun pray and spraying but you can kill yourself in a very pretty explosion
    I quite liked the fact your own splash damage only hurt yourself, so you can fire blasty rocket launchers and grenades without fear of murdering other players. Still have to be careful, but at least when everyone else starts earning insane weapons like the cluster mortar gun I've seen, you won't be destroying crowds of supposed allies.

Oh for goodness sake, I've caught my scrotum in my zip again - Margaret Thatcher, 1986

• StarchildHypocrethes 23 Mar 2013 16:31:17 26,144 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Just took part in a world event thingy. Was quite cool, ended up fighting some giant bug thing with around 30 other people. France rate took a bit of a hammering, but was enjoyable enough.

There are a lot of bugs though. Sound keeps dropping out, mid mission updates pop up after the mission is finished, cut scenes spawn you back 100ft up in the air and the enemy spawning in some missions is awful.

When's this actually out then? Any chance of this getting fixed up before then?
  • fletch7100 23 Mar 2013 16:36:22 7,360 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @StarchildHypocrethes

Is out in 10 days. Don't know how old this build is to go through MS testing before being allowed on live. Hopefully everyone is bug reporting and get a load of these problems fixed or they have already been fixed in a newer build.

Think my new fav blow everything up gun is causing some glitches. Nothing but problems with the game since I started using it
  • DFawkes 23 Mar 2013 16:36:54 23,363 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    If you're playing the console version, it's an old version, easily 6 weeks or so behind the PC one. A good few of those bugs are already fixed on PC. Pretty much all of them, really. Of course I've no idea how the patching works on consoles, and I'm assuming stuff fixed on PC would benefit all version - this might not the be the case.

It's out April 2nd, so I'd imagine they'll be fixing as much as they can until then. It's an MMO though, so there'll still be bugs at launch.

Wait, 10 days? Just 10? Blinking heck, I hadn't even realised!

Edited by DFawkes at 16:39:14 23-03-2013

Oh for goodness sake, I've caught my scrotum in my zip again - Margaret Thatcher, 1986

• fletch7100 23 Mar 2013 16:41:49 7,360 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago

Edited by fletch7100 at 16:43:34 23-03-2013
  • StarchildHypocrethes 23 Mar 2013 17:04:36 26,144 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    10 days!?

Well I seriously hope that is an early build then, as although its good fun, 40 quid in that state is a bit of a push...
  • Tryhard 23 Mar 2013 19:43:55 4,146 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Double tapping B makes you dodge roll in the direction you are moving.Wish I found that out earlier.

Raider Decimation events are mayhem with enemy troop carriers coming out of the ground below your feet.Unloading a dwarf holding a shield and an rpg guy,and a Borderlands type guy with goggles and mohawk.

There was a vendor with a whole load of weapon mods.Some weapons can only take certain mods though,some none at all.Bought a tier 1 lock box and got a better grenade and shield.And bought an alien sniper that does 1000 damage.Inventory has gone up from 12 to 20 slots.

The areas you cannot go up on foot you can in your pickup truck.

Got invited into a group during a main event,and my xbox froze.
  • fletch7100 23 Mar 2013 20:28:46 7,360 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @Tryhard

You can add mod slots to weapons as well. Had LMG without any mod slots, chose to add one and a 10 min timer started counting down.

Have you done the island of lost soldiers coop yet

New weapon to try, description is Spawns parasites whenever a target that has been slain whilst infected

Just tried it, giant yellow eggs get attached to the target, kill him then The eggs burst releasing a bug who attacks nearest enemy :)

Edited by fletch7100 at 20:49:06 23-03-2013

Edited by fletch7100 at 20:53:39 23-03-2013
  • agparrot 23 Mar 2013 21:03:28 11,903 posts
    Seen 4 months ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I think I must be especially stupid.

I've signed in, and it's asked me to find a shield, which was fine, it was in a box a few feet in front of me.

Next, it has asked me to find a weapon, and despite jaunting along to the mission marker, only to find a bunch of non-interactive scrap metal, I couldn't see one there. So I'm wandering around the starting area, occasionally seeing other noob players, and all I've managed to find is an ammo cache, and I'm still wandering around the map looking for a weapon.

Tell me it's something simple, and I really am being a special dunce.
  • lordofthedunce 23 Mar 2013 21:08:48 378 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    At the next yellow marker there should be a couple of baddies by a weapon container, kill them, approach container (should be flashing slightly) and press x, I think. I think you then need to press Start and actually equip the new weapon to slot 2.
  • agparrot 23 Mar 2013 21:17:25 11,903 posts
    Seen 4 months ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Hmm, neither baddies nor weapons there.

I'll reboot it.
  • agparrot 23 Mar 2013 21:27:55 11,903 posts
    Seen 4 months ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Cheers, lotd - rebooted it, and there was a giant metal box, some goons and a crappy gun.
  • DUFFMAN5 23 Mar 2013 21:29:39 15,002 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    So lads how do I liberate the grenades from under the shuttle type scrap. PS3.

No matter what I do I cant find them at the scrap site.
    Thank you in advance

"Duffman the grey is thrusting in the direction of the problem! Oh, yeah!"

• DUFFMAN5 23 Mar 2013 21:32:55 15,002 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I know log in and out and the prompt appears.
    BETA indeed ;-)

• Tryhard 23 Mar 2013 21:34:17 4,146 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    What I have found sometimes happens,you login in but do not connect properly to the server.The world is loaded but no players,or enemies, or
    mission objectives are loaded.A good sign of this is if your vehicle does not spawn.

Just needs a reboot to connect to the server.
  • lordofthedunce 23 Mar 2013 21:34:57 378 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Oh no. I'd be tempted to do a reboot, it should be very clear where all the stuff is in the tutorial bit. Sounds like a bug, of which there are a few.

Enjoying so far, it feels a bit like Lost Planet to me so far - all slightly confusing but I think I'm having fun...
  • DUFFMAN5 23 Mar 2013 21:58:47 15,002 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Very impressed with what might be once we have the full release. Played for just over an hour on the PS3 version.
    I knew nothing of the game before the demo/beta, but it must have done its job, because I now want to know many things about it :-)

• fletch7100 23 Mar 2013 23:30:00 7,360 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Looks like I have done all the main story quests in the beta. Doesn't let me enter the area with the next mission. Niw for the side missions and kevel up my guns. Server has been smother tonight, less glitches than this morning. Just been in 20 player battle against some giant bug a hellbug hellion with plenty of other enemies to deal with. Bit of lag but still playable.

Edited by fletch7100 at 07:16:53 24-03-2013
  • Tryhard 24 Mar 2013 09:17:07 4,146 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Press A in a pickup truck for turbo boost.Those hills seem even more fun now.

Certainly felt smoother around 10pm last night.Even the big event,where I happily finished off one of those large flying hellbugs with an upper melee cut to the belly as I ran underneath.That put a smile on my face.

My alien sniper does 3000 critical hit points.Also picked up an smg that fires purple bolts,and holds up the enemy in midair before they disintegrate.And a shotgun which slows the enemy when they are hit,most useful in close combat.

Some of the missions have been insane with the amount of enemies that are thrown at you.But not in a frustrating way.

My invisibility cloak is powered up,running into a mutant outpost and taking them out from behind,draws the attention from other players doing a frontal attack.
  • fletch7100 24 Mar 2013 09:33:59 7,360 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @Tryhard

Just trying out new weapon combo. Quest loot weapon drains enemy shields/health and heals team mates. It's like a lighting gun but if targets are close together the lighting can jump from one player to a other. Max so far is 4 enemies. Throw a flash blast grenade to make a group stand still then fire the gun to hit the whole group. It's a recharging gun so no ammo, just reload and it recharges itself. Just trying to level it up
  • Progguitarist 24 Mar 2013 09:50:27 10,481 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Played the tutorial last night...seems somewhat fun but where the fuck do you find ammo?
  • fletch7100 24 Mar 2013 10:00:31 7,360 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @Progguitarist
    Enemies drop quite a lot of ammo. Also there are ammo caches in mission areas, usually flashing containers Hardly ever run out of ammo. Grenades have a cool down time, so don't have to collect them.
  • Whizzo 24 Mar 2013 11:18:31 43,197 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Fired up the 360 beta after having played the PC one a reasonable amount, seems to hold up pretty well on console. As DFawkes has said this is obviously an old build, the PC one doesn't ask for mission ratings any longer for example.

Anyway it's still fun though, shame it hardlocked up on me during a challenge though, I quite like blowing muties away with that shotgun.

This space left intentionally blank.

• Kostabi 24 Mar 2013 12:56:54 4,982 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    There's some real mayhem to be had in this isn't there? Between those hellbug spawns and a couple of busy mission areas I'm regularly seeing 15+ people just pew pewing everywhere.

The one co-op mission I've done seemed well put together and not complicated enough to make teaming with randoms a negative.
  • jetsetdemo 24 Mar 2013 13:05:10 31 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Was this launched last Thursday? I was out after work in Kentish town and the pub near the station the Assembly House had half of it full with lots of Xbox running this game. Lots of people I assume from the dev's were there and you could go and play!
  • neilqpr 24 Mar 2013 16:35:47 2,859 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    It's rough around the edges alright but I'm having fun with it.

It did just hard lock on me as I was going into what looked like a pretty hectic hellbug battle.
  • snowbored 24 Mar 2013 23:01:17 454 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    This is going on now? I thought it was tomorrow and Tuesday!
  • Page

of 40 First / Last