Defiance: The Game Page 20

• Page

of 40 First / Last

• Tryhard 5 Apr 2013 02:27:18 3,673 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    My first real sit down with the retail Xbox version,and wow, 50-60 players all doing the Ark Fall vs the Hellborn Queen Mumma Jamma.And when over we all gathered in the middle and bounced like 5 year olds.For that amount of players,it was the smoothest Ark Fall I have done compared to lesser numbers on beta.

Have a sweet shotgun that turns enemies in to dark purple mist,with a mag of 12 bullets it is deadly up close.
  • SClaw 5 Apr 2013 08:29:50 826 posts
    Seen 5 months ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @DFawkes I added you last night and you accepted. And I'm pretty sure you invited me to the clan, but after I accepted my UI went loony and then I hard locked, and called it a night.

So... hell if I know whether I'm in or not. I guess I'll see later!

Pretty dumb you only add people when they are online. Ah well. No other major issues so far, so I'm not going to complain about that.
  • Vortex808 5 Apr 2013 09:00:22 6,947 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Tryhard wrote:
    My first real sit down with the retail Xbox version,and wow, 50-60 players all doing the Ark Fall vs the Hellborn Queen Mumma Jamma.And when over we all gathered in the middle and bounced like 5 year olds.For that amount of players,it was the smoothest Ark Fall I have done compared to lesser numbers on beta.
    :) I did one of those late last night. It took quite a while and I had to skedaddle out of the area to grab ammo at one point too, but it was hilarious. So many players trying to shoot bugs. It did get a bit flaky with all the 'splosions and some folk were binging grenade launchers everywhere which didn't help. Needs to be a little bit smoother in future, but hopefully they'll get that sorted out soon.

It was really funny though, only a few folk there at the start, but by the end there were masses of players there all attacking this thing.

I almost got roped in to some shadow war event as I passed through later, but had to bail out, since it was 1:30 and I really had to get some sleep before going to work.

I'd sooner be at home playing more though. I think this game is going to grab a hold of me for a while!
  • Sandhurst 5 Apr 2013 09:04:09 78 posts
    Seen 8 months ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @tryhard

I had the same shotgun and loved it...but when I logged on last night all my shotguns(3 i think)had disappeared from my inventory!

Still having a blast tho!
  • ZuluHero 5 Apr 2013 09:09:28 4,020 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I love it when everyone zergs across the landscape to get to the next part, it adds to the epic-ness!

I'm gonna have to start forcing myself to log out before midnight - it was nearly 2am when i eventually crawled into bed, and i'm really feeling it today!
  • StaffyDog 5 Apr 2013 09:27:45 255 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    I had a lot better night on this (PS3) last night because the drones of Ark Hunters were back and we all kept together for about 4 epic Ark Falls, zooming off like an army to each. Never had so much fun with a game and it's nice to slow down check your inventory and mod and tinker about, and cruise about doing missions. I even went near the first few missions and helped out the noobs.;-)
  • SClaw 5 Apr 2013 10:52:06 826 posts
    Seen 5 months ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    By the way... anyone notice how the UE hellbug absolutely stinks? Like... really stinks.
  • StaffyDog 5 Apr 2013 12:29:13 255 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    They really should have supplied a nice informative thick manual for this.
  • Tryhard 5 Apr 2013 12:46:17 3,673 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    ZuluHero wrote:
    I love it when everyone zergs across the landscape to get to the next part, it adds to the epic-ness!

I'm gonna have to start forcing myself to log out before midnight - it was nearly 2am when i eventually crawled into bed, and i'm really feeling it today!
    Yeah,I looked at the clock and went,no it can't be 2 am. Also being able to truly play the launch version for the first time had something to do with that.But I had a big smile on my face the whole time.

Latest news of what they are fixing.

I reported to as many Defiance channels as possible how I fixed my problem.Hopefully it gets people in game who had my problem.
  • Tryhard 5 Apr 2013 12:52:02 3,673 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Sandhurst wrote:
    @tryhard

I had the same shotgun and loved it...but when I logged on last night all my shotguns(3 i think)had disappeared from my inventory!

Still having a blast tho!
    They report in that link I just posted,that this is a result of the Salvage Matrix and may be shut down till fixed.
  • RedSparrows 5 Apr 2013 13:25:47 22,030 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    StaffyDog wrote:
    They really should have supplied a nice informative thick manual for this.
    yeah, the manual really is a new low.
  • Whizzo 5 Apr 2013 13:39:36 43,033 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    MMOs rarely have anything but pamphlets, normally they'll have tutorial missions that explain stuff or expect you to follow guides on the website/in game help.

Pointless having a manual that can be out of date within a week of launch due to patches.

Edited by Whizzo at 13:40:02 05-04-2013

This space left intentionally blank.

• Vortex808 5 Apr 2013 13:39:52 6,947 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I settled down to read the manual during the server shutdown while they updated stuff last night. I didn't have much to read. For a game like this I was really surprised how little info they give you.

At least the Intel area gives you more info, so it is essentially an online manual, but they really do just chuck you in at the deep end in this. The EGO tutorial wasn't exactly comprehensive either. No idea if they teach you more when you unlock break down for scrap, or mods etc, but I shall see in time.

Edited by Vortex808 at 13:40:09 05-04-2013
  • Dizz 5 Apr 2013 14:48:19 48 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Quite frankly, this game is a little...underwhelming (playing the PC version here). I bought it since I enjoyed Trion's other offering, Rift, but this one....urgh, it really needs work:

- chat broken?
    - gunplay is terrible - bullet sponges, floaty feel
    - graphics are meh
    - I don't expect to be hand held but a little more explanation at the start would be cool

If you're looking for a futuristic shooter and never played Borderlands .. buy that one instead.
  • StaffyDog 5 Apr 2013 15:31:17 255 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    I got bored of borderlands. This has much more scope and the combat is perfect imo.
  • ZuluHero 5 Apr 2013 15:39:24 4,020 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I've yet to finish BL2... /blush.

This is too early to say for me at the moment, as its only been 3 nights, but I've already pumped about 14 hours into it. /blush again.
  • Randomlampy 5 Apr 2013 15:47:03 580 posts
    Seen 5 months ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    The lack of any real manual is very annoying, as are the chat issues.
    I don't remember any other MMO's being any better though certainly while being in week one.
    I remember (in recent times) Guild Wars 2 was dreadful for chat/guilds and trying to gather a team for the first month or so.

Really is too early to tell for me, but I've enjoyed the 5 or 6 hours of playing thus far, not great, but entertaining enough for now, the gaming equivalent of a KFC.

/is only person alive who actually prefers KFC's chips
  • Whizzo 5 Apr 2013 15:52:01 43,033 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I don't think not finishing Borderlands 2 is anything to be ashamed at, there's plenty of EGers who got bored with it long before the end.

Defiance has a much bigger scope and I like the combat quite a bit, it's much nicer to have player skill rather than some arbitrary level be the decider in an MMO fight. My solo encounter with that Hulk came to a screeching end because I failed to dodge an attack not because of some "spell" effect.

Edited by Whizzo at 15:53:14 05-04-2013

This space left intentionally blank.

• RedSparrows 5 Apr 2013 16:05:40 22,030 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I prefer it to BL at the moment. The world feels made for more than just you. BL had all the trappings of large-scale online, but with a crap story and limited co-op instead.

I also like the combat. I love being able to jump high and run fast. It's so much more fun than 'realism', most of the time.
  • fletch7100 5 Apr 2013 17:19:26 6,944 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    If you have problems selling items, check you load outs. Anything that's equipped in any load outs you can't sell. Just managed to sell off my level 30 shield :)
  • DFawkes 5 Apr 2013 17:24:58 22,593 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Ah, that's what I'm doing wrong, I've never touched my other loadouts so they'll still have the tutorial stuff. Cheers :)

I'd kick the living daylights out of the producers of Tipping Point - Ghandi

• xxblindmonkeyxx 5 Apr 2013 17:28:48 246 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Ahh!
  • fletch7100 5 Apr 2013 18:09:31 6,944 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Been trying to get rid of the level 30 stuff since launch day :). Got decoy and overcharge powers unlocked. One for each load out,if everything goes wrong with decoy switch over to overcharge loadout with 2 explosive weapons equipped. Just have to get the explosive damage perks as well now

Edited by fletch7100 at 18:11:28 05-04-2013
  • Randomlampy 5 Apr 2013 18:10:47 580 posts
    Seen 5 months ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    fletch7100 wrote:
    If you have problems selling items, check you load outs. Anything that's equipped in any load outs you can't sell. Just managed to sell off my level 30 shield :)
    Well god damn!

And I bet I've got separate shields/grenades in each load out too, no wonder I can't sell tons of stuff :)

[edit]
    Fletch am I being daft, do you need to do anything special to unlock the other ego powers?

Edited by Randomlampy at 18:11:45 05-04-2013
  • fletch7100 5 Apr 2013 18:15:00 6,944 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    So 30% extra explosive damage for every additional enemy caught in explosion perk +fully maxed out overcharge+auto grenade launching shotgun. This Is going to be a fun experiment

Probably load out bug,you can equip the same item for 2 load outs but not 3
    Also when you equip different perks for your 2nd load out, then cycle through the load outs it's ok. Once you close the inventory screen then reopen it all your 2nd load out perks have reset themselves back to the first load out. This is for co op on Xbox.took me ages to write that up in the bug report section using the control pad :)

Edited by fletch7100 at 18:35:49 05-04-2013
  • myk 5 Apr 2013 21:13:22 548 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Randomlampy wrote:
    Fletch am I being daft, do you need to do anything special to unlock the other ego powers?
    You just need to have a skill unlocked next to it. If you put in the EGO codes on the website you should have scavenger unlocked, which is right next to overcharge (so I wouldn't go for that as the first skill).
  • fletch7100 5 Apr 2013 22:36:38 6,944 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Notes for tonight's patch

- Fixed a ****load of server crashes
    - Removed a broken superweapon
    - Reduced vehicle despawn time from 20 to 10 seconds
    - Fixed the “Mines of Madness” pursuit to update on finding the “That’s All I Got” data recorder
    - Adjusted location of the “Hope” data recorder at Union Depot mine
  • Vortex808 5 Apr 2013 22:40:45 6,947 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I assume servers are down now? I got booted out and can't get back in.
  • StarchildHypocrethes 5 Apr 2013 22:41:52 25,412 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Down til around 11:30pm I think
  • fletch7100 5 Apr 2013 22:53:09 6,944 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @Vortex808

Yeah we got the usual 30 min warning message in game about servers being shut down. When I'm see you and Starchild online I will send you a clan invite

Edited by fletch7100 at 22:53:44 05-04-2013
  • Page

of 40 First / Last