Defiance: The Game Page 17

• Page

of 40 First / Last

• RedSparrows 3 Apr 2013 22:23:45 22,071 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Official forums are a nightmare.

Game is not perfect, in design and in infrastructure. Far from it.

But I am enjoying it for what it is. Don't look at it as a traditional MMO grind either: you advance laterally rather than vertically (although there is definitely vertical development also), and that keeps things fresh: rather than your gun doing an extra 100 damage against an enemy that has an extra 95 health, you can change your tactics up with differing perks, bonuses et al.
  • MMMarmite 3 Apr 2013 23:06:13 996 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    hmm got kicked out twice tonight, once while doing a mission the other just now after an Arkfall event. Not sure if it's the servers or my internet connection :(

I can also donate some scrip to whoever is going to start the guild/clan.
  • Tryhard 4 Apr 2013 00:08:28 3,712 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Well started getting crit timed out error when trying to join server on xbox.Deleted and reinstalled patches,even tried a new character to no avail.
  • RedSparrows 4 Apr 2013 00:23:08 22,071 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Yeah, got several disconnects tonight.
  • ZuluHero 4 Apr 2013 00:35:00 4,030 posts
    Seen 45 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Had great fun with you tonight Whizzo, rescuing those hostages was really awesome! I was really surprised to see you there. I wouldn't be at all surprised if we were both doing that huge Arkfall the other night too! :)

Who wants to start a clan then? If we all donate 1000 towards it, that shouldn't be too bad? We can trade or send scrip to other players, right?

EDIT: added spoiler tags just in case :)

Edited by ZuluHero at 00:35:28 04-04-2013
  • DFawkes 4 Apr 2013 01:05:23 22,613 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I've no idea if you can trade scrip. Not that I'd be fussy if it was me starting it, it could be any of us. Don't let the fact that I've been following it longer than anyone else influence anything, given I've already become the noob of the thread ;)

I'll try and get to sending friend requests and stuff tomorrow, but feel free to add me if you can solve the riddle of my name. It's DFawkes for account, Fawkes for my character. WHO AM I? Hint: It wasn't really a riddle.

I'd kick the living daylights out of the producers of Tipping Point - Ghandi

• myk 4 Apr 2013 01:12:41 548 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Hmmm, just had two hours wasted. On quitting it seems my character and account got deleted and I'm going to have to start again :/

good thing I have the rest of the week off :)
  • Randomlampy 4 Apr 2013 01:15:15 580 posts
    Seen 5 months ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Had a bit of a run with Blindmonkey this evening, but we both were messing with the inventory and suchlike as much as actually playing.

Was fun enough though, not perfect by any stretch but a solid experience, and no issues at all which is odd for a launch. Couldn't find Whizzo or Fawkes on the find friend tab so feel free to add Randomlampy yourselves when you get a chance.

Happy to chip in/start guild too.
  • fletch7100 4 Apr 2013 06:25:06 6,993 posts
    Seen 8 seconds ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @DFawkes
    You can trade scrip, items that have a ego rank number.
  • xxblindmonkeyxx 4 Apr 2013 07:16:57 246 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Yea me and random had a couple of hours and seemed alright actually! It has some real depth which is probably why we were in inventory screens etc the majority of the time, though I was finding the ui difficult to read but that could be down to sleepiness! :)
  • Megapocalypse 4 Apr 2013 08:08:31 5,325 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    My ultimate edition arrived yesterday and looks very nice. Won't get to play it until tomorrow or the weekend though. :(
  • SClaw 4 Apr 2013 08:27:06 826 posts
    Seen 5 months ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I'll be on tonight for my first big session. So far I've only managed to dip into to a couple of times for a few minutes, which sucks balls.
  • ZuluHero 4 Apr 2013 08:59:24 4,030 posts
    Seen 45 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    PC account names summary for easy friendlist finding:

Whizzo
    Dfawkes
    Randomlampy
    xxblindmonkeyxx
    MyMateMarmite
    Zuluhero
    myk

Please note: it seems you can only add players when they are online so keep trying! :)

Please let me know if I missed anyone!

Edited by ZuluHero at 10:17:45 04-04-2013
  • ZuluHero 4 Apr 2013 09:00:13 4,030 posts
    Seen 45 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @DFawkes I'm happy for you to do it. I was going to imply that myself!

Once we establish friendlist status, ill send you some scrip :)

Edited by ZuluHero at 09:00:57 04-04-2013
  • Whizzo 4 Apr 2013 09:09:53 43,038 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    ZuluHero wrote:
    Had great fun with you tonight Whizzo
    Yeah it was good, bloody mental stuff that I'm glad other people were doing at the same time!

Handy hint for anyone, as it confused everyone at the time, if you get a mission to drive someone else's vehicle and it's just sitting there flashing and you can't enter it, you have to summon your own one!

Very strange the game didn't communicate that.

Only being able to do friends request when people online is very silly, hopefully that gets changed because it's bloody annoying

Edited by Whizzo at 09:11:14 04-04-2013

This space left intentionally blank.

• ZuluHero 4 Apr 2013 09:15:09 4,030 posts
    Seen 45 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Yeah we were all stood around like lemons trying to get in the truck(s). The silly part is that the quest spawned a new one for each person who started it, so it was easy to assume that you could drive it.

Oh well, we figured it out in the end! :)
  • myk 4 Apr 2013 10:02:12 548 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    My account name is ... myk

It's amazing how much easier it was to progress through a second time, found a really good assault rifle with fire damage.
  • StarchildHypocrethes 4 Apr 2013 10:20:19 25,430 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I played the beta enough to get a taste of it, but not too much to ruin things and therefore missed a lot of detail I think. Considering the EGO board thing is the same for all, do the different class options at the start (survivalist, soldier etc) actually make any difference?
  • fletch7100 4 Apr 2013 10:20:29 6,993 posts
    Seen 8 seconds ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Well I thought I would drive to the Golden Gate Bridge. Well that was fun :)

Stuck on a story mission boss battle now. Think I will come back to that one later with a few more perks.

On console for logging out, when you press left trigger to bring up the radial on the map/menu, top left corner it says X to logout.
  • DFawkes 4 Apr 2013 10:25:29 22,613 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Not sure when I'll be on today but I definitely will, like right now.

Couldn't the OP add the PC list to it?

Edit: That's me, isn't it. I thought it was BinaryBob, but that was the TV show thread.

Edited by DFawkes at 10:40:48 04-04-2013

• fletch7100 4 Apr 2013 10:25:54 6,993 posts
    Seen 8 seconds ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @StarchildHypocrethes

Don't think they do, just starting weapons maybe. It's more like mould the character you want. Higher the rank more perks you can unlock for your playstyle.

Example
    Started with the decoy power(with perks that are good for a support player in a group), that loadout will mainly be for PvE. Or pick perks that are good for solo play. Managed to unlock Overcharge as well. So I have created a 2nd loadout with Overcharge(mainly for PvP) as the main power then have perks that will work better for that. So I can switch between my different loadouts by just pressing Y button on the loadout screen

Think I will create another character and see if there is any difference

Edited by fletch7100 at 10:31:59 04-04-2013
  • Deleted user 4 April 2013 10:33:42
    Started off as a sniper with cloak but certainly seem to be moving more towards assault rifle/shotgun/grenade launcher combo.

Think I need to upgrade my weapons though. Whilst my blue VBI Sniper is still fun in a pinch, with the groups of mobs now appearing it's too slow to deal significant damage and my AR is semi-auto and scoped. Problematic.
  • Randomlampy 4 Apr 2013 10:56:48 580 posts
    Seen 5 months ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Just popped on long enough to add Fawkes.

Started as a Sniper (Survivalist?) with cloak too. Really enjoying the bolt action rifles and switching between carbine and shotgun as a second weapon when I get swarmed.
  • DFawkes 4 Apr 2013 11:28:09 22,613 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Now I've actaully learned how to use it, I LOVE the Hydra Rocket Launcher. Firing right over peoples heads and detonating it so the clusters rain down feels awesome when you get it right :)

So clan name - I did make up a couple of silly ones, but maybe domething more simple like Arkhunters of Eurogamer? I've got the Scrip now so whatever people think is best.

• fletch7100 4 Apr 2013 11:36:11 6,993 posts
    Seen 8 seconds ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Kept the Xbox clan name with something simple as EGers until someone comes up with a better name :)

Do the Episode missions as you get some nice guns.
  • Ultrasoundwave 4 Apr 2013 11:37:45 3,269 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I initially dismissed buying this because i thought it was based on some Syfy series that had been running for years that i'd never got around to watching.

To my surprise, i discovered this morning that the show hasnt even aired yet!, the pilot is on Syfy on the 16th of April.

So, actually interested in this now - reading the previous posts, similarities between this and Borderlands sound very encouraging. Does this have split-screen co-op?

"The worst part is, I'll have to have the break-up sex with myself!"

• Randomlampy 4 Apr 2013 11:42:19 580 posts
    Seen 5 months ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Ultrasoundwave wrote:
    Does this have split-screen co-op?
    Fraid not, its more like a traditional MMO one account one player, playing on trions servers.

That sounds good enough for me Fawkes. I'm sure I got a hydra too, I've not touched many of the different guns aside from bolt action snipers, pistols and the carbine. I'll have to spend some time trying them out.

Edited by Randomlampy at 11:44:29 04-04-2013
  • Deleted user 4 April 2013 12:07:07
    I have a semi automatic sniper rifle. Be afraid. Be very afraid.
  • DFawkes 4 Apr 2013 12:08:34 22,613 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    We have a PC Clan! I just went with Arkhunters of Eurogamer. Nice and simple, plus it's AoE, which is also Area of Effect. Sort of nice for an MMO with blasty rocket launchers.

• ZuluHero 4 Apr 2013 12:12:48 4,030 posts
    Seen 45 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I'll have to get me a rocket launcher then - though my new grenades have a nice AoE effect :)
  • Page

of 40 First / Last