Defiance: The Game Page 14

• Page

of 40 First / Last

• fletch7100 3 Apr 2013 06:58:07 6,911 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @Tryhard

I had that same thing when patching pre launch. First update was fine. Checked a few hours later to see if servers were working, got the infinite patch loop and corrupted patch error message. Just deleted everything and downloaded. Haven't had that problem since.

Servers are being turned off now for maintaince/updating(0645). No idea how long they will be down for. After getting the 6min warning, was wondering if I could finish off another side mission in time :)

More options become available as you level up. Main loadout is mainly for PvE, will adjust the 2nd for PvP. Daily challenges are available, mainly to boost friendly ratings with the vendors which then Gives you access to better stat guns.

Also 34 inventory slots now so no problems carrying items

Edited by fletch7100 at 06:59:57 03-04-2013
  • fletch7100 3 Apr 2013 07:07:55 6,911 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Just noticed on Xbox live, upgrade to deluxe edition 3200 MS points

New raid mission, final boss only had tiny bit of life left and I lose the bloody Internet connection :(

Edited by fletch7100 at 08:43:22 03-04-2013
  • StaffyDog 3 Apr 2013 09:22:29 255 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    @fletch7100
    Same happened to me, lost internet connection in middle of big fight with 3 big gattling gun mutants. But have to say the save system is excellent, only went back to start of that bit. ;-)
  • fletch7100 3 Apr 2013 09:28:50 6,911 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @StaffyDog

I got disconnected from live as well, was just terrible timing. Was on a co op mission so was in a seperate level. Rejoined back in the overworld part of the game, kept all the loot from the raid but not the final bit for killing the boss. Another minute and the boss would have been dead
  • StaffyDog 3 Apr 2013 09:31:55 255 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    The enemy Ai is quite impressive and it's a relief when more peeps join in to help. I had one mutant wait round the corner of a building ready to ambush me.
  • Sandhurst 3 Apr 2013 09:45:59 78 posts
    Seen 8 months ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @fletch7100

Am I missing something? How do I join a co op mission?

Played for about 3 hours last night and I am really enjoying it. Hopefully there will be more variation in the arkfall instances in the future.
  • B4TTLEBORN 3 Apr 2013 09:47:10 20 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Waaahhhhh!!

It appears that the 360 copy is most peoples version of choice, everywhere has shelves full of PS3 but no sodding 360, wth?!?!?!

If falls down to the "I know more people with a 360 than a PS3" scenario, and as much as I want to play it, I think I'll wait.
  • fletch7100 3 Apr 2013 10:00:18 6,911 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @Sandhurst

You get the first co op level after you have done a certain early story mission. Think its kin and kinship. Have to rescue some hostages I believe. Then you unlock more co op as your rank rises/do story quests. Just unlocked 2nd co op mission.

Seen some new enemies and require a different tactic, they have a character who is a healer, have to kill them off first.

Will join your game when you are on next, more fun with a group of people involved

Think you will get all the different types of enemies in the ark fall missions as you progress through the map. Just mutants or hellbugs early on. there is another 3 or 4 different types of enemies you haven't encountered yet
  • ZuluHero 3 Apr 2013 10:00:27 4,011 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Really enjoyed that last night. Was a bit overwhelmed by how much there is to do, so did a bit of exploring, a couple of side missions, a few main missions (I quite like how people doing quests in the same area count towards the quest goal) and started the episode quest line. Also did a huge arc fall which was really epic!

Realised as i was logging off that you have to 'equip' your perks after spending talent points on them, as a total noob i though that buy 'talents' worked in a similar way to other MMO's where once you buy them they're either passive or active and theyre yours to use freely. Doh!

The game is surprisingly light on telling you stuff sometimes and over-the-top hand holding in others.

Does anyone know how to claim the arc-code rewards (the 120 code thing from the site) and also my limited edition shotgun? /claim (like in other mmos) doesn't work.
  • RedSparrows 3 Apr 2013 10:00:54 21,960 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Yeah, Arkfalls get old quick. More variety would be nice, but they are a fun distraction every now and then.

Co-op missions (i.e. instances) are (on 360) d-pad right > Matchmaking > co-op > pick the one you want.

Overworld missions phase nicely: Fletch helped me do a mission (he could actually complete objectives for me) without having the mission himself. We then stumbled across a chap doing another and we helped him finish - sometimes you get a 'phase change' query: think that moves you into the 'dimension' of nearby players so it all syncs properly.

Anyone on 360 who hasn't, add me - RedSparrows. Could do with more people to drive around with!

Edited by RedSparrows at 10:02:17 03-04-2013
  • Deleted user 3 April 2013 10:07:19
    @ZuluHero Think you have to 'Claim' them from the in-game store. At least, that's what this e-mail from Trion tells me to do.

Finally got my code and d/l'ed the client so should be ready to hop on tonight for some fun on PC - Name: Wildheart.
  • ZuluHero 3 Apr 2013 10:12:06 4,011 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @HurbleBurble Ahh thanks! Ill have a look on the store tonight then :)

And also add you as a friend :)
  • Whizzo 3 Apr 2013 10:20:03 43,031 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    They're in the claims section of the store, bottom left of the window.

This space left intentionally blank.

• ZuluHero 3 Apr 2013 10:36:33 4,011 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Yep thanks! I also accepted your friend request last night :)
  • fletch7100 3 Apr 2013 10:49:04 6,911 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Remember the modding as well

Doing the side quests usually give you random mods, think at the lower levels you can't use them just yet. But you may get higher level mods than the ones you can buy in the shops. So may be best leaving the side quests alone at the start because mods take up in entity space as well and you may not have any mod style weapons

Some weapons you can't mod, some have available mod slots for all 4 items, some just have one or two slots

you can add mod slots to a weapon. Max is still 4 mod slots. So I had a machine gun which could only use the barrel mod. Added 3 more slots for stock,sight and magazine.

You pay for mod slots by using the Ark Salvage (green currency you loot). Take about 10mins to add a mod slot. Adding a mod to your weapon happens straight away and doesn't cost anything. If short of ark salvage you can always breakdown the gun into resources on the modding screen.

To get the better weapons need to do the challenges which unlock at level 250. Then you get a friendly level score with each vendor. Need that level as well as money for some weapons. Vendor was selling a LMG with plenty of different stats last one was 200% melee damage for 5 seconds after being self revived.
  • fletch7100 3 Apr 2013 10:53:37 6,911 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Also lock boxes

Currently I can only carry 75 keys. Level 4 tier box is 68 keys and about 3,000 scrip. You will get plenty of keys as you play the game. Is easy to save up for level 4 box each time.

Got more loot than I know what to do with. All 34 inventory slots are full. Just brought myself a flare gun for some reason and a lovely purple rated LMG from a tier box

Edited by fletch7100 at 10:56:09 03-04-2013
  • RedSparrows 3 Apr 2013 11:20:23 21,960 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    You can add mod slots? Cool!

I know I'll hoard though, in the expectation of getting a new gun, etc etc etc...
  • ZuluHero 3 Apr 2013 11:22:32 4,011 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    is there in-game storage or a bank?
  • DFawkes 3 Apr 2013 11:24:45 22,581 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Nope, they intend you to expand your inventory instead. I'd still prefer a Bank though (better for hoarding like Sparrows will be doing), and they're still discussing added one.

I'd kick the living daylights out of the producers of Tipping Point - Ghandi

• Whizzo 3 Apr 2013 12:04:06 43,031 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    It'd be nice to be able to use the boot, sorry, trunk in my Challenger.

Well as long as it wasn't like the Fallout 2 car before it was patched of course. :-)

• DFawkes 3 Apr 2013 12:11:38 22,581 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I was curious about where my delivery was, as it's projected tomorrow so I'm not expecting it today at all. I just wondered if it was in a depot in Scotland. Amazon doesn't have that info though, but did give a tracking number and the couriers company, Hermes.

So I went to their site and tried my tracking number. Turns out it's not in the depot in Edinburgh as I was expecting. It's in my house :D That also means no more parcel updates. Sorry about those, but thanks for tolerating them!

So I'll be on tonight. Any other PC people got a guild on the go yet, or will I do it? I know there's definitely an in-game cost, but I don't mind paying it once I can afford it. Or we could find an existing guild and all join that - I may check the official forums and maybe Rock Paper Shotgun to see if they have one as they're a good bunch.

Edited by DFawkes at 12:20:01 03-04-2013

I'd kick the living daylights out of the producers of Tipping Point - Ghandi

• ZuluHero 3 Apr 2013 12:23:09 4,011 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    No guild so far. And I only have one friend, Whizzo. Soon to be added to with Wildheart aka HurbleBurble :)
  • Tryhard 3 Apr 2013 12:25:07 3,657 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @fletch7100 Yeah if it looped once more I would have deleted all the patches.Funny thing was I had already downloaded everything and played a few missions ok the day before.It was the latest patch that seemed to screw things up with crit errors and a downloading loop.

Those who are not used to this type of thing with MMO's will get frustrated quickly.It is just weird seeing it happen on console,where as on pc you just accept it.

Lastest Patch notes.

Patch Notes:
    - Added Ammo caches to Major Arkfalls
    - Fixed a rare condition where you could get stuck in the tutorial
    - Altered loot drop on some mini bosses to reduce item farming
    - Temporally Disabled Freight Yard (16v16 Instance)
    - Updated incorrectly marked epic weapons to common items
    - Detonator Tuning
    - Corrected Hotshot Challenge reward in Marin
    - Server and client crash fixes

If enough people ask them for an inventory bank these guys will listen.
  • Whizzo 3 Apr 2013 12:30:47 43,031 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Thank God ammo is being added to major arkfalls, one I was at last night had some not too far away but another had nothing. I ended up just beating the shit out a boss with my rifle.

Surprisingly I didn't feature in the leaderboard results!

• Kostabi 3 Apr 2013 12:33:42 4,874 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Anyone else had an issue where sometimes the last item you need to interact with doesn't activate? Logging in and out seems to cure it and thanks to the checkpoints being quite close to objectives it's not a big deal but it has happened more than a few times to me now.

Also had some issues with the first co-op map, first time we spawned in with no enemies in the entire map. Second time I spawned right in front of the final room, one boss later and it was done. Really odd.

But just to balance out the minor negativity - cruising around and blowing shit up is fun.
  • neilqpr 3 Apr 2013 12:34:38 2,827 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Looking forward to getting home tomorrow and firing this up, will have the whole day to level myself up to a respectable level.

Is there a 360 clan yet?
  • fletch7100 3 Apr 2013 12:39:37 6,911 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @Whizzo

About the lack of ammo at ark falls, played a minor one this morning 3 ammo caches round the crystal

Yesterday I ran out of ammo, so thought well if I die I will go back to the extraction point refill at the ammo there, then use the goto friend option(RedSParrow) to spawn back at the Arkfall. Problem was I couldn't die, none of the hellbugs would attack me. Was standing underneath the Monarch bug punching it, and it just ignored me. :) took ages to die

So instead drive to nearest ammo cache then use the goto friend spawn option for a quicker return journey

Edited by fletch7100 at 12:39:58 03-04-2013
  • fletch7100 3 Apr 2013 12:49:37 6,911 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @neilqpr

Don't think there is a 360 clan yet. Will be online later and look at the clan options

Someone will have to think up a better name than what I will come up with :)
  • spamdangled 3 Apr 2013 12:59:16 27,269 posts
    Seen 34 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    So is this any good then? Anywhere that has a good write up of the various features and mechanics?

3DS: 4055-2781-2855 Xbox: spamdangled PSN: dark_morgan Wii U: Spamdangle Steam: spamdangled

• SClaw 3 Apr 2013 13:10:50 826 posts
    Seen 5 months ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    It's solid. Completely solid. As good as Rift or GW2 but with a different setting. I think it's good. It will not, however, set the world on fire. But I'm fine with that personally.
  • Page

of 40 First / Last