Defiance: The Game Page 39

• Page

of 40 First / Last

• drhcnip 15 Feb 2014 22:32:08 2,543 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    its a decent little romp...i just pootled through, pleasing myself as to what i did....
  • DUFFMAN5 15 Feb 2014 22:35:23 15,046 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    DUFFMAN5 wrote:
    Played some beginner missions tonight, the same few I played on the demo a year or so ago ?
    Really enjoyed it, not overly sure what I should be doing or navigating the mass of menus.
    Played one 8v8...I came last of course ;-)

Any tips chaps, in the main game, does one just roam and do missions, do I have to fight fellow players or do we all fight the npcs.

Thank you for any tips

"Duffman the grey is thrusting in the direction of the problem! Oh, yeah!"

• drhcnip 15 Feb 2014 22:46:03 2,543 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    i dont recall doing much pvp on it, more joining up with people on certain missions or the instances...
  • RedSparrows 15 Feb 2014 22:55:21 23,425 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    PvP is very much optional side thing. Not great.

PvE co-op is most fun.
  • speed182 15 Feb 2014 23:41:21 939 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I played it once at launch, then never again as a moved house and just forgot about it.

I will probably give it another go, does the world feel empty or is there plenty of people knocking about?

PSN ID: DJSpeed14
    Follow me on Twitter: Speeedy14

• Vortex808 16 Feb 2014 13:34:51 7,341 posts
    Seen 37 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    DUFFMAN5 wrote:
    Played some beginner missions tonight, the same few I played on the demo a year or so ago ?
    Really enjoyed it, not overly sure what I should be doing or navigating the mass of menus.
    Played one 8v8...I came last of course ;-)

Any tips chaps, in the main game, does one just roam and do missions, do I have to fight fellow players or do we all fight the npcs.

Thank you for any tips
    Glad you're enjoying it Duff. I got quite a lot of fun out of it. Deathmatch stuff is mostly broken, or it certainly was.

It's co-op for the missions. You and others battle the mobs and bosses to get some loot. It takes a little while to get used to it all, but once you get used to the systems it's not bad. It should hopefully have been refined and polished quite a bit since I was playing it on release.

Are there many players still playing now? It was dipping quite a bit at the arkfall's when I gave up. They were jam-packed to begin with.
  • RedSparrows 16 Feb 2014 13:42:43 23,425 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Duff I can come help you a bit, if you like. Will need to patch up though. GT is same as name here.
  • DUFFMAN5 17 Feb 2014 09:15:56 15,046 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Thank you boys.
    Vortex, not many online, at least not that I can see. It reminds me of Borderlands, nowhere near as refined of course, but still more than enough of a game to keep me happy until South Park at any rate ;)
    ...Still not tried Gears since the "superhub" shame on me :(
    @Redsparrows, I will add you mate. I don't get lots of games time, but will look out for you :)

• DFawkes 17 Feb 2014 09:27:49 23,431 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Have all PC EGers given up? There's a clan advancement system added now, and I seem to be the only one that has done anything! Are there still PC players, just in more active clans?

I played most of the weekend, as I've really been enjoying it lately. I got a new LMG that is insanely powerful compared to my old one, and it really transformed how much I enjoy playing. My old one was a burst firing Rocker LMG, which had higher damage per shot, but I've switched to a Thunder which is a surprisingly accurate, very fast LMG which just mows stuff down :) Enemies go down faster so it all feels a lot snappier. I also think they've tweaked how much damage enemies take as even with my old gun they seem to die faster.

Calling down arkfalls can be a bit of fun too. It's pretty cool looking up into the sky and seeing the massive chunk of ark sailing through the air towards you, then seeing all the purple dots on radar of people coming to join the battle you called in. Incursions are alright too, but pretty much an extension of existing systems. It's just a string of the old random events, building up to a siege.

Oh for goodness sake, I've caught my scrotum in my zip again - Margaret Thatcher, 1986

• RedSparrows 17 Feb 2014 09:59:00 23,425 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I did a siege last time I played, it was nuts. So many bad guys.
  • Sharzam 17 Feb 2014 21:52:13 3,060 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Just noticed the game is 6.99 on Steam (not a sale), this makes me suspicious. What is the deal with the business model? I understand it is not a subscription so obviously it must use micro transactions to fund it. How bad are they, are we looking at Guild Wars 2 type model or more a 'free too play' model?

If its the former then that seams a pretty good price for a MMO.

(Currently subscribed to FFXIV:ARR so not looking to heavily invest in another MMO)

Edited by Sharzam at 21:57:26 17-02-2014

Known as 'Sharzam' in 98.5% of games

• RedSparrows 17 Feb 2014 22:59:08 23,425 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    You don't need to buy anything at all.
  • DFawkes 17 Feb 2014 23:24:41 23,431 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Yep, all cosmetic and optional boosts like faster XP which you don't need at all. You can also buy vehicles or random lockboxes, but these can be earned in-game.

They're not needed at all. I got some money for the store with my game and still haven't touched it.

Oh for goodness sake, I've caught my scrotum in my zip again - Margaret Thatcher, 1986

• MightyMouse 18 Feb 2014 02:40:52 1,133 posts
    Seen 4 weeks ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    It's good value for the game, but it's not a normal MMO.
  • DUFFMAN5 18 Feb 2014 07:55:04 15,046 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Spent some more time with it last night, great fun with a few randoms, no comms mind you. It is more of an action adventure game than MMO which is totally fine with me.
    I think it is better played in 1/2 hour chunks and not a big all day or night session. Either way I think I will end up ploughing a good few hours in its world.

• DUFFMAN5 19 Feb 2014 19:00:56 15,046 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    RedSparrows wrote:
    Duff I can come help you a bit, if you like. Will need to patch up though. GT is same as name here.
    Hi mate
    I sent you a chum request :)
    Im managing to get on a fair bit, defo this weekend, if you are about
    ...or any other EGers playing on the 360

• RedSparrows 19 Feb 2014 22:32:05 23,425 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Hi Duff, accepted, ta. I'm not on 360 much but will boot it up tomorrow to patch, then could play some tomorrow evening maybe...lateish. Away this weekend, though.
  • DUFFMAN5 24 Feb 2014 04:36:10 15,046 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Up to lvl 330ish now, so fair to say I have put some hours in, might take a mini break from it though.
    Still a very good number of people on, mostly German and French for some reason, also insane rank levels a-plenty.

Tried the Shadow war mode last night, didn't have a clue what to do, it seems like the main game, in as much as you can still wonder off and fight NPCs. I thought it was a massive brawl affair.

The coop maps are fun at least the 2 I have played have been. Im yet to see any higher colour drop than green...I want some better weapons.

The world is quite stable bearing in mind it is an MMO, some glitches here and there but none ground breaking just yet.

• drhcnip 24 Feb 2014 07:07:46 2,543 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    blimey, you have been caning it....;)

it does the addictive nature of an mmo quite well, though, so i'm not surprised...must fire it up again at some point, cant even remember where i got up to
  • DFawkes 24 Feb 2014 09:30:37 23,431 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I played this a lot at the weekend, as I enjoy both the TV show and the game and realised I'd be a bit behind if I didn't get the story done. I also think the 4th DLC continues the story.

It's so easy to get distracted. Ooh, there's a small arkfall. I'll just do this quickly then onto a mission but then up pops an incursion. I'll just do these few missions and the siege at the en. Suddenly, major arkfall! Can't let that go by. That stuff is just the open world stuff, there are also the arenas, co-op maps, shadow wars and proper PvP maps, rep building missions and all the time and score challenges spread about. You're never stuck for stuff to do, if you enjoy it.

If you have a few loadouts with different strengths and weaknesses, it can really be very easy to play it for hours and not really advance at all. Still fun :)

• DUFFMAN5 24 Feb 2014 09:41:09 15,046 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    After my post about lvl 330ish and no Orange weapon...I obviously got an orange weapon ;-)

Now to kill some Alien-Bitches, said in Jessie voice.

• DFawkes 24 Feb 2014 10:06:08 23,431 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I really want a lightsaber. I've never had one drop yet, at any time. I want one. Ever a normal sword from the latest DLC would do. I want to carve stuff up!

What sort of Orange did you get then Duffman?

• DUFFMAN5 24 Feb 2014 12:01:09 15,046 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @DFawkes
    Hi mate
    I got a VOT Mazu blast Rifle, not overly powerful but it is a start.

How do you add mods ? I keep buying them, go to the salvage tab, but just don't seem to be able to add any, also do some auto equip?

• DFawkes 24 Feb 2014 12:12:25 23,431 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I love the look of that rifle. Not a big fan of the weapon itself.

You can only equip a mod if the weapon isn't equipped on any loadout. Just unequip it, stick the mod on in the salvage tab, and equip it again. You should be good to go :)

• DUFFMAN5 24 Feb 2014 12:13:46 15,046 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Thank you, that would explain my issues. :-)

• spindle9988 27 Feb 2014 09:04:50 3,629 posts
    Seen 27 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Is anyone still playing this on the 360? Saw it for 4 quid in cex, was gonna give it a punt if people were still playing
  • DUFFMAN5 27 Feb 2014 09:15:00 15,046 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @spindle9988
    Me and redsparrows if you can get him on ;)

Edited by DUFFMAN5 at 09:15:15 27-02-2014

• spindle9988 27 Feb 2014 09:22:46 3,629 posts
    Seen 27 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Sweet. Might pick this up today
  • DUFFMAN5 27 Feb 2014 09:57:10 15,046 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    spindle9988 wrote:
    Sweet. Might pick this up today
    It is well worth that. A very Borderlands type experience, I have only played SP at the mo, as such, I have joined a clan though, didn't realise is was 90% French chaps though...(even though it was called Le Clan, only joking) I don't speak French!. Obviously everyone is online at once so when you get a major Arkfall and you all arrive at it, it is brilliant.
    The co-op maps are also fun. I would imagine you could lose hour upon hour in the world, there is so much to do, a lot does repeat itself but you might get a new lovely weapon/shield and you rank up so it is all good.

If you do buy, you will have to patch fuck loads of updates, so be aware :)

• RedSparrows 27 Feb 2014 10:32:09 23,425 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    heh, sorry Duff, been working/on PC mostly. I can play this weekend, if you fancy? Saturday?
  • Page

of 40 First / Last