Defiance: The Game Page 35

• Page

of 40 First / Last

• Vortex808 19 Apr 2013 00:49:34 6,573 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Apologies to whoever has the gabriel something character on 360. Was busy modding stuff and ditching things before calling it a night.

Earlier in the night I could see all tags, char names etc for everyone, but bizarrely when you joined I couldn't see any info at all.
  • repairmanjack 19 Apr 2013 01:37:59 5,956 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Vortex808 wrote:
    Apologies to whoever has the gabriel something character on 360. Was busy modding stuff and ditching things before calling it a night.

Earlier in the night I could see all tags, char names etc for everyone, but bizarrely when you joined I couldn't see any info at all.
    I guess I'm the Gabe guy; but I don't recall joining anyone all night. Not sure what happened there. Calling it a night now, going to be a long day at work tomorrow. Damn game is too addictive.

Are people following much of the story? I've just been to San Quentin and have no idea how far along things are.
  • Vortex808 19 Apr 2013 07:58:36 6,573 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    You're further than i am then!

I just spotted a blue dot and checked who it was since i couldn't see any info. Possibly we'd just bowled into the same area at the same time.

I had just visited the farm to get some mods before calling it a night.
  • neilqpr 19 Apr 2013 10:37:49 2,797 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I think blue means clan member, green is group member.

Enjoyed the brief EG co-op run last night, cheers fletch, sparrows and random dude.
  • fletch7100 19 Apr 2013 11:09:59 6,194 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago

Edited by fletch7100 at 11:25:32 19-04-2013
  • Tryhard 19 Apr 2013 12:13:13 3,498 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I think four of us in the EG Xbox clan doing co-op together had a nagging feeling something was going to go wrong.But hats off to Trion it all went smoothly,getting in and bringing pain to da Mutants.

Think I spent more time looking at Fletch's glowing grenades all over the ground than at the enemy.:-P
  • fletch7100 19 Apr 2013 12:16:32 6,194 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @Tryhard

the mission went well, apart from the vanishing boss at the end :)
  • Tryhard 19 Apr 2013 12:21:44 3,498 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I just pretended he had cloaking powers.
  • Vortex808 19 Apr 2013 13:02:27 6,573 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I enjoyed it a lot, even if I was a little lost from never having done co-op or used the group functions before.

I was really glad I had done that mission earlier that night with you good folk, because later on I bumped into a random player needing help somewhere else and another one of them spawned as the end boss for whatever they were doing.

At least I knew what to do this time. Thankfully, when this one went mental it didn't disappear!

The loot drops on the co-op were quite plentiful too. Even if not much of it was better than what I had already. BMG's & detonators really seem to be flavour of the month just now for me.

Plus shit shields that are always worse than the one I have...is there a decent vendor for them somewhere?

Edited by Vortex808 at 13:02:42 19-04-2013
  • StaffyDog 19 Apr 2013 14:08:14 253 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    I'm already in a clan, it's uk based called D3FIANC3, and psn eg'rs are very welcome to join. ;-)
  • Tryhard 19 Apr 2013 14:20:44 3,498 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    While heading to a mission location I stumbled across a clan in conflict with a Dark Matter unit in the wastes of San Francisco.I thought I join them,they were directing their healing rays at me while I charged in with my grenade launcher.Pretty cool for the 10 minutes the battle lasted.

Just some of the pleasing moments you can have in this game.
  • StaffyDog 19 Apr 2013 14:28:33 253 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    It's nice to have a caring peep wrap you up in a nice healing glow.:-)
  • Tryhard 19 Apr 2013 16:05:10 3,498 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Fuzzy love rays.:eek:
  • mikeck 19 Apr 2013 16:55:07 1,838 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @StaffyDog Sounds good - how do I get an invite?
  • StaffyDog 19 Apr 2013 17:28:36 253 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    @mikeck
    My psn: Staff1Dog , if I see you about I'll get you invite. ;-)
  • neems 19 Apr 2013 19:37:25 1,081 posts
    Seen 6 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    This is a really good game for teaming up with complete strangers. I was playing a side mission last night (shutting down the smelter) and a random wandered in part way through. He'd activate a console while I covered him, and then we'd swap roles. Some full on epic gunplay later, a quick gg in text chat and that was it.

That said, I had a dozen people drive past while I was fighting one of those giant dudes on my own. Took an eternity and most of my ammo (across all weapon types) to take him down.
  • aeschylus 19 Apr 2013 22:27:27 446 posts
    Seen 5 months ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    so.....

Just got this on the 360 from flubit.com for 26, my intial impressions were WTF, this is a pile of shit, was just about to give up, then I did a mission where you have to restore the radio....

and it clicked.... /phew

is it worth ignoring the side missions?

and how the hell do they call this a MMO, I played for 3 hours tonight, saw no chat, heard no chat even at a supply base, all I see is pink dots racing around?
  • myk 20 Apr 2013 10:19:09 542 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I think a silent acceptance in doing arkfalls/missions cooperatively is actually meta-roleplaying :)

The side missions are worth doing if you want more outfits, or mods - but you can pretty much choose to do whatever you want, the game won't really punish you for it. I enjoy the time trials and rampages, always funny/stupidly annoying when a time trial is interrupted by an emergency or arkfall.
  • fletch7100 20 Apr 2013 10:38:12 6,194 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Most time its feels like a SP With light MMO elements added to it. Do hear people chatting on area chat sometimes at big events. Area chat is promixty area only i guess200m or so. People are probably still in party chats as the chat was broken on launch. I don't have the keypad for the control pad so would take me years to send a message out using that :)

Just been in a totally random battle for the last hour. Ageis part 1 side quest mission, still broken I think. Loads of players in the area, last stage a hulker and raiders plus monarch Hellbug and an army of hellbugs turn up. Constant respawning of enemies after we clear them all out. So you are fighting hulker and monarch at the same time. Once they are both killed a few mins later they both respawn. Also there is about 20+ skitterings and a few hellbugs that all spawn at the same time. Just fun getting a high multi kill with a few flame shotgun blasts
  • MightyMouse 20 Apr 2013 10:53:48 1,091 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    The thing is, currently all the missions and arkfalls are fairly simple. Even if they're a bit tough (people have complained a lot about the final boss fight), it's easy to see what you have to do - shoot the weak points, then another gets exposed and you shoot that. I think with all the bugs and chat being broken that's a good choice, but there's really nothing stopping them from making much more complicated fights and Rift showed that Trion know how to do PVE very well.

So right now other people are around, but even when you're doing stuff together there's no need to talk (and the voice chat is so bad that it's pretty much impossible anyway). The MMO potential is still there though.
  • Vortex808 20 Apr 2013 11:00:13 6,573 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I really love this, I just wish I could get some slightly better loot. All have very similar stats just now, but I have just finished act 2. Finally maxed over charge, which is nice I will now work my over to decoy or cloak I think.

Is it possible for it to save separate load outs now? I find I need that occasionally now.during some fights against enemies. I am carrying so many weapons too, due to trying to up there stats. I should probably try to focus more on one type of play just now. It's so easy to lose track of time just doing rampages, ark falls, time trials etc as well as helping out random strangers as you pass by!
  • fletch7100 20 Apr 2013 11:07:26 6,194 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @Vortex808

Check on your loadout screen, then press Y to change loadouts. I just stuck with assault rifles and maxed that skill out. Kept 2 rifles I liked and used the others to level up then sold them. If i find better rifles then i will replace my favourites with them. Now I'm just after combat shotgun kills. As you level up its about finding weapons with better bonus stats( base damage usually stays the same) better mods and your overall weapon skill level adds its own bonuses to that weapon
  • Vortex808 20 Apr 2013 11:52:49 6,573 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I thought the other load outs perk set up used to reset to your original set up though. Is that fixed now?
  • fletch7100 20 Apr 2013 12:23:48 6,194 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @Vortex808

That loadout perk seems to have been sorted out for me now, didn't have the problem last night or today so far. Now it's a case of maxing out the perks I want for each power loadout

Plus I had the couldn't equip the same weapon/shield in more than 2 loadouts bug. Think that's fixed now as I equipped the same BGM in 4 different loadouts, will have to try the same with shields and grenades
  • Vortex808 20 Apr 2013 13:36:22 6,573 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Oh good. That shield thing was really annoying me!
  • StaffyDog 20 Apr 2013 15:38:59 253 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    I'v been taking out the Dark Matter chapies with sniper, the cloaked snipers can be a pain. Then charge the rest with my Boomer and courier shotgun. :-D
  • fletch7100 20 Apr 2013 19:27:19 6,194 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    5,000 combat shotgun kills completed, that was a tough grind. If you are after a target rich environment for your kills goto either 4th sentry gun on the Aegis side quest. Plenty of targets that keep respawning, great doubles battle against Monarch,Hulker and plenty of smaller enemies. Picked up the 10 hulker kills challenge there

Also area near I Think its called Chug n Bug fast travel location, there is a large crater area which keeps respawning large amount of hellbugs.
  • Vortex808 20 Apr 2013 19:57:45 6,573 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    fletch7100 wrote:

Also area near I Think its called Chug n Bug fast travel location, there is a large crater area which keeps respawning large amount of hellbugs.
    I think that was where I did that contract a few days back.

Trying to find enough supermutants (or mini gunners or whatever they call them in this!) to kill around mount tam is my plan for tonight. Plus touring farms looking for blasters.

Oh the high life! What have my weekends become....
  • ZuluHero 20 Apr 2013 21:21:24 3,668 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Haven't been able to log in for a couple o nights, but was wondering, have new episode missions appeared since the first episode of the TV show aired?
  • Vortex808 21 Apr 2013 01:20:53 6,573 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    ZuluHero wrote:
    Haven't been able to log in for a couple o nights, but was wondering, have new episode missions appeared since the first episode of the TV show aired?
    I haven't spotted any, but there is related stuff in the pursuits bit now.
  • Page

of 40 First / Last