The Islam Thread. Page 33

• Page

of 105 First / Last

• jimbogreen 29 Oct 2013 20:16:58 88 posts
    Seen 9 months ago
    Registered 11 months ago
    You don't want to get me started on the deeper lyrical interpretations of Britney Spear's songs. We'll be here all night.

As you were then.

Edited by jimbogreen at 20:19:40 29-10-2013
  • -cerberus- 29 Oct 2013 20:21:30 2,649 posts
    Seen 16 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @Goodfella Perhaps it's about the ghastly abuse of women in Islam?

"You see it too? For me, it's always like this..."
    (Angela Orosco - Silent Hill 2)

• jimbogreen 29 Oct 2013 20:22:34 88 posts
    Seen 9 months ago
    Registered 11 months ago
    The inherent misogyny present in the Koran, yes.
  • Ka-blamo 29 Oct 2013 20:39:44 7,306 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    So that explains the B side

'I dress my wife as a sith beekeeper because as Muslims we're inherently jealous, insecure and ego maniacal....and you are seeing the result of thousands of years of letting the worse types of men run countries, control and ruin lives of millions of women for the last thousand years....all to protect the feelings and emotions of the jealous. insecure. ego maniacs'
  • RedSparrows 29 Oct 2013 23:18:26 22,239 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Dangerous_Dan wrote:
    RedSparrows wrote:
    Is Dan back with his vague musings on vagueness?
    That's a pretty vague accusation. Someone who feels inferior will try to band together with others - That's what the form of the question implies. A numerical advantage often does the trick. All that you are saying, in plain english, is - "You talk shit, just because."

No reasonable arguments.

But saying that directly would be too aggressive and sound rather primitive. So you dress it up in a nice suit.
    I said it because you repeatedly enter threads and post very vague crap about the nature of life, the universe and everything, and not once have you ever actually qualified what the fuck you are talking about.

'Human nature is a substrata of matter'.

Great. And? What?
  • Dangerous_Dan 30 Oct 2013 00:38:35 2,380 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    RedSparrows wrote:

I said it because you repeatedly enter threads and post very vague crap about the nature of life, the universe and everything, and not once have you ever actually qualified what the fuck you are talking about.

'Human nature is a substrata of matter'.

Great. And? What?
    I don't think you are that stupid. Willfully ignorant, yes. I've already explained the reason for that hyperbole of a statement and of course it was in response to bitch_tits_zero_nine's comment on human nature.

I do qualify my statements, I add my reasons.
    You don't. You have that privilege, you don't have to reason. Self-entitlement.
    It's not about vagueness or crap - there is lots of crap being posted here and you don't mind that. So you try to fight the way you can - dirty.
  • Bremenacht 30 Oct 2013 00:41:08 17,696 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    LeoliansBro wrote:
    Actually no, if a book doesn't say anything interesting or useful I'd point that out too.

Goodfella - nobody shat in my Cornflakes. What an odd thing to say.
    Shit or no shit, it is an odd time of day to be eating cornflakes.
  • TVoJ 30 Oct 2013 00:58:08 1,852 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    In the last 3 pages there's a lot of theorizing as to why people are religious.

Not once is it mentioned that people, you know, believe that there's a higher being than ourselves who may well have created all life.

That's weird.
  • TVoJ 30 Oct 2013 01:41:26 1,852 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Just finished watching the C4 documentary that was linked.

Man that Tommy Robinson has got some balls. I really hope he is allowed to develop relations and help all communities come to an understanding for peace.

I've watched a few programmes with him in, and all though sometimes he comes across as a bit of a brute he clearly has strong beliefs and the will to bring about change.

I for one applaud the guy.
  • Rodney 30 Oct 2013 01:48:55 1,859 posts
    Seen 38 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @TVoJ

Isn't he the leader of the EDL?
  • TVoJ 30 Oct 2013 01:51:39 1,852 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @Rodney

Was

Watch the documentary Rod, it's great.
  • Rodney 30 Oct 2013 01:58:41 1,859 posts
    Seen 38 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I'll try if I can watch it where I am. Has he changed his views?
  • appalachian-dialect 30 Oct 2013 02:05:01 2 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 10 months ago
    my perception of a "god" - an understanding/peaceful consciousness

reason 1 - generations of social engineering (listen to some guy threaten you with fire and then pay him "or else")
    reason 2 - people stopped looking for their own answers (they found it easier to read a book that has been rewritten many times throughout history - a lie is as true as it is believed to be)
    reason 3 - people had hate in their heart and they wanted a shield (people would tell people they were wrong, and since they held a book, they were automatically right)
  • TVoJ 30 Oct 2013 02:06:21 1,852 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Not his views per say, more his tactics.

He concedes that Islam is here to stay, but it needs updating to allow for 21st Century ideals.

Crazy to think tho that he's placing a lot of faith in a man who is a reformed Muslim extremist.
  • appalachian-dialect 30 Oct 2013 02:10:08 2 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 10 months ago
    i have an identical twin - i can guarantee you he is not exactly like me. embrace being an individual and you will always be "right". (right and wrong are perceptions - does a "terrorist" wake up and say "i am going to be bad today" or does he just want invaders out of his/her country?)
  • Mola_Ram 30 Oct 2013 02:11:41 7,154 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    TVoJ wrote:
    Not once is it mentioned that people, you know, believe that there's a higher being than ourselves who may well have created all life.

That's weird.
    It's weird that people believe that, or it's weird that it wasn't mentioned in the thread?

Either way, I do wish that people would stop talking about conceptions of god as an "invisible being in the sky", or some giant kindly old white man with a staff. Although that is a popular artistic depiction of what god looks like, I don't know of a single Christian who seriously thinks of god that way.
  • Mola_Ram 30 Oct 2013 02:12:58 7,154 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    appalachian-dialect wrote:
    i have an identical twin - i can guarantee you he is not exactly like me. embrace being an individual and you will always be "right". (right and wrong are perceptions - does a "terrorist" wake up and say "i am going to be bad today" or does he just want invaders out of his/her country?)
    what
  • TVoJ 30 Oct 2013 02:14:51 1,852 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @appalachian-dialect

There are subtle differences between 'Terrorists' and 'Guerilla Warriors' dontcha know.
  • TVoJ 30 Oct 2013 02:20:52 1,852 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Mola_Ram wrote:
    TVoJ wrote:

That's weird.
    It's weird that people believe that, or it's weird that it wasn't mentioned in the thread?

Either way, I do wish that people would stop talking about conceptions of god as an "invisible being in the sky", or some giant kindly old white man with a staff. Although that is a popular artistic depiction of what god looks like, I don't know of a single Christian who seriously thinks of god that way.
    Being mentioned in the thread.

Who's trying to say God's a Santa Clause impersonator?
    You just said it yourself that the idea is purely artistic.

Think about this:

Can an ant see a human? Can they fully appreciate our majestic presence or do they just see us as part of their surroundings.

Just because you can't 'see' God doesn't mean he's invisible or doesn't exist.
  • spamdangled 30 Oct 2013 02:28:34 27,276 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    On topic and leaving aside all the arguments about religion and "omg muslims" that tends to override any discussion of Islam (or any bloody theology stuff) on the site, did anyone see the thing last night about the EDL bloke and the Msulim wotsit? It's been hyped to buggery before broadcast, but still found it really interesting. I think it was a one off, but I hope more comes of it as filming was conducted over an entire year so I'm sure there's a lot more beyond a one hour program that could be pretty intriguing watching.

Edited by darkmorgado at 02:29:29 30-10-2013

3DS: 4055-2781-2855 Xbox: spamdangled PSN: dark_morgan Wii U: Spamdangle Steam: spamdangled

• Mola_Ram 30 Oct 2013 02:31:56 7,154 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    TVoJ wrote:
    Who's trying to say God's a Santa Clause impersonator?
    You just said it yourself that the idea is purely artistic.
    I know. That's the point. I just see a lot non-believers talking about Christians believing in an "invisible man in the sky" or somesuch, as if Christian beliefs about god couldn't possibly be more complex than that.
  • Mola_Ram 30 Oct 2013 02:32:53 7,154 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    darkmorgado wrote:
    On topic and leaving aside all the arguments about religion and "omg muslims" that tends to override any discussion of Islam (or any bloody theology stuff) on the site, did anyone see the thing last night about the EDL bloke and the Msulim wotsit? It's been hyped to buggery before broadcast, but still found it really interesting. I think it was a one off, but I hope more comes of it as filming was conducted over an entire year so I'm sure there's a lot more beyond a one hour program that could be pretty intriguing watching.
    Yeah, it was talked about on this page. :)
  • mal 30 Oct 2013 02:33:11 22,418 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    TVoJ wrote:
    @appalachian-dialect

There are subtle differences between 'Terrorists' and 'Guerilla Warriors' dontcha know.
    Which side you're on?

Cubby didn't know how to turn off sigs!

• spamdangled 30 Oct 2013 02:40:21 27,276 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @Mola_Ram

Yeah, I just glanced over the thread and saw today's activity went back two and a half pages. Fuck reading all that at this time of the morning on a subject that's been done to death over more than a decade.

Didn't properly read the bits about the docu until afterwards :D

3DS: 4055-2781-2855 Xbox: spamdangled PSN: dark_morgan Wii U: Spamdangle Steam: spamdangled

• TVoJ 30 Oct 2013 02:40:51 1,852 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @darkmorgado

I've seen a few documentary's on the subject of EDL vs the Muslims and all have been insight full IMO.

Why though is the English Defence League called that Instead of let's say the British Defence League?

Surely the plan isn't to round up all the Muslims in England and dump em in the Celtic countries?

@Mola_Ram

Sorry mate, think I miss understood what you were getting at.
  • spamdangled 30 Oct 2013 02:50:48 27,276 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    RedSparrows wrote:
    Graveland wrote:
    He is an insufferable, arrogant cunt - and probably the only mainstream figure in the media who has the balls and fortitude to highlight the vile nature of the religion of Islam. The media is always quick to highlight and ridicule the idiocy of Christianity (and rightly so) but let's be honest here - Islam is often treated with kidgloves. It's laughably referred to as the religion of peace where if you read the scriptures you'll see it's easily the most violent of the big three.

/atheist rant over.
    Oh dear God.
    You seem surprised. It's well established Graveland has some extreme political views.

• Deleted user 30 October 2013 02:53:43
    It's well established that he's been banned for several months.
  • Page

of 105 First / Last