The Islam Thread. Page 29

• Page

of 110 First / Last

• thelzdking 29 Jun 2013 18:38:12 4,369 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    mcmothercruncher wrote:
    thelzdking wrote:
    Somehow I doubt that the vast majority of child-raping Asians are devout Muslims.
    I bet a fair amount are -culturally at least- going through the motions though.
    Yes, it feels a bit dumb, but at least there is an effort being made to talk about it. I can't imagine Catholic ceremonies doing it, though that might be because the fuckers delivering the sermon, rather than listening to it, have the guilty conscience.
    If you mean that the rapists probably went through the motions of being religious then that might be true for some of them. I doubt that many in the gangs were truly devout Muslims. That's not to say that devout Muslims don't abuse children, I just doubt that they go around in gangs and hang around parks plying teenage girls with drugs and alcohol.

As for them targeting white girls part of it is probably cultural, but part of it will be because there's probably far more white girls subject to the vulnerable circumstances that the rapists capitalised on. I also wouldn't be surprised if a lot of abuse within Asian communities gets brushed under the carpet.
  • thelzdking 29 Jun 2013 18:43:38 4,369 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    And Graveland is confusing religion with dogma.
  • DFawkes 29 Jun 2013 19:29:41 23,350 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I always thought dogma is a part of religion (as you say, the central teachings considered absolute), but religion also includes all the stuff that is open to interpretation. They aren't really synonyms.

Oh for goodness sake, I've caught my scrotum in my zip again - Margaret Thatcher, 1986

• Khanivor 29 Jun 2013 19:33:05 40,946 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Graveland wrote:
    thelzdking wrote:
    The terms are synonymous. Dogma is the central teachings, or principles, of a faith which cannot be questioned because they underpin the very religion itself. Thou Shalt Not Worship False Idols = dogma. God created Mankind = dogma etc etc
    Raping children = interpretation aka denomination
  • mcmothercruncher 29 Jun 2013 19:34:19 7,217 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    That's what I meant, they're going through the motions, because otherwise, absence at ceremonies etc would need explaining.

I do think Graveland has a point about children.
    It would be absurd to announce a toddler is gay, or say "here's a 6 year old Tory" because they're areas you need to be an adult- or near to- to even grasp. Yet "Sikh child" or similar is somehow absolutely fine.
  • Khanivor 29 Jun 2013 19:53:26 40,946 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    It's in the Bible. But as with anything in a holy text some folk pay attention to the really grim stuff while most folk just pretend it's not in there. When one group likes something and another doesn't then you have a schism, they form separate denominations or even more niche groupings and get on with following whichever selection they have chosen.

Think of it like a Magic battle pack. All come from the same grand set of cards but each one has different powers and weaknesses depending on how the pack is formed.

Believe it or not, most Muslims are sound people who think murder and rape are not kosher. But, like with all religions, the vocal nutters tend to run the show in as much as the public face is concerned. So you have a few nutbag Christians railing against teh gehy while most of them might disapprove, not give a toss or don't see it worth fussing over but are generally fine with letting gay is as gay does.
  • malloc 29 Jun 2013 20:51:48 2,358 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Graveland wrote:
    Khanivor wrote:
    Graveland wrote:
    thelzdking wrote:
    The terms are synonymous. Dogma is the central teachings, or principles, of a faith which cannot be questioned because they underpin the very religion itself. Thou Shalt Not Worship False Idols = dogma. God created Mankind = dogma etc etc
    Isn't it a religious teaching that a wife should submit to all her husband's requests, hence rape is not possible in a marriage? I'm not being deliberately provocative, I'm pretty sure the law in this country was changed a few years ago to rule out this defence in court.
    Err, no it's not in the Bible. Submissive yes, but not to all his requests.

I got married a few weeks ago and had the Bible's view of husband and wife mentioned quite heavily and sadly no mention of my wife submitting to all my requests...
  • unicorn69 29 Jun 2013 21:36:13 81 posts
    Seen 8 months ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Graveland wrote:
    Khanivor wrote:
    Graveland wrote:
    thelzdking wrote:
    Isn't it a religious teaching that a wife should submit to all her husband's requests, hence rape is not possible in a marriage? I'm not being deliberately provocative, I'm pretty sure the law in this country was changed a few years ago to rule out this defence in court.
    @Graveland ehrm....teaching a wife should submit to all her requests ? rape is not possible in a marriage ? Thats not true !

Notice: If you notice this notice you will notice that this notice is not worth noticing.

• Moot_Point 20 Sep 2013 14:19:22 4,349 posts
    Seen 25 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Is putting a dress code into the contract of teachers that aren't Muslim a step too far?
    Article.

================================================================================

mowgli wrote: I thought the 1 married the .2 and founded Islam?

• Carlo 20 Sep 2013 14:23:11 18,093 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Moot_Point wrote:
    Is putting a dress code into the contract of teachers that aren't Muslim a step too far?
    Article.
    Is the opposite also true (i.e. Muslims teachers banned from wearing their disguises in class)

PSN ID: Djini

• nickthegun 20 Sep 2013 14:23:14 60,480 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Meh. Its like being required to wear a uniform at mcdonalds. if you dont like it, get a job at your local state school where you can wear an ugly jumper and cheap trousers all year.

---------------------------------------------------------
    My man gives real loving that's why I call him Killer
    He's not a wham-bam-thank-you-ma'am, he's a thriller

• Dougs 20 Sep 2013 14:25:23 68,433 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    As with all these stories, I would be surprised if the reality bears any resemblance to the claims.
  • Deleted user 20 September 2013 14:25:36
    I suspect that, as with all things Torygraph/Daily Mail, we're not getting the whole story.
  • Deleted user 20 September 2013 14:26:31
    Look at me and Dougs, we're all synchronised and stuff.
  • Moot_Point 20 Sep 2013 14:26:39 4,349 posts
    Seen 25 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Carlo wrote:
    (i.e. Muslims teachers banned from wearing their disguises in class)
    Sorry, but I lol'd.

================================================================================

mowgli wrote: I thought the 1 married the .2 and founded Islam?

• Deleted user 20 September 2013 14:28:07
    if you mean 'disguises' yeah me too.
  • smoothpete 20 Sep 2013 14:28:33 31,577 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I have nothing against muslims but I hate ninjas, so it's very confusing.
  • Bremenacht 20 Sep 2013 14:39:55 18,737 posts
    Seen 51 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Girls having to sit at the back of class? Did the Telegraph make that bit up or is it true?

Why aren't there public-funded spaghetti monster schools?
  • Load_2.0 20 Sep 2013 14:41:34 19,444 posts
    Seen 21 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    smoothpete wrote:
    I have nothing against muslims but I hate ninjas, so it's very confusing.
    Islam Islam
    You can never eat Ham
    Islam Islam
    Nor bacon or spam
    Islam Islam
    But you can have jam.
  • Load_2.0 20 Sep 2013 14:41:49 19,444 posts
    Seen 21 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I didn't mean to quote you.
  • Deleted user 20 September 2013 18:43:13
    to dress up in a costume to hide your identity. Generally when someone is after you.

Why it was funny to use it in this context :D
  • FWB 20 Sep 2013 18:48:13 44,839 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Private school, do what they want. It's demeaning, but hey, that's what their god wants to be: a chauvinistic cunt.

Go find a job/school where you don't have to do it.

Edited by FWB at 18:48:35 20-09-2013
  • FWB 20 Sep 2013 19:06:14 44,839 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Ahh missed that part.

State shouldn't be promoting any faith schools. But it does and if that's what the school is then, again, they can impose whatever moronic religious rules they like. Don't go there.

Think Hunt recently said he would ask a doctor wearing a burka to remove it if they were treating him. Would do the same, or ask for a new doctor. But there I have no choice.

Edited by FWB at 19:09:35 20-09-2013
  • Deleted user 20 September 2013 19:47:16
    paradox that islamic women interviewed seem strong minded and clever.
  • Bremenacht 20 Sep 2013 22:17:43 18,737 posts
    Seen 51 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    No-one's after them! Gosh no. No, it's to prevent them from bewitching innocent men with their sorcery. Even mere eye-contact can induce an innocent chap to rape a sorceress against his will.
  • Page

of 110 First / Last