The Islam Thread. Page 81

• Page

of 105 First / Last

• LeoliansBro 2 May 2014 14:50:33 43,673 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    It's a statistical trick, in other words. And utterly without value.

LB, you really are a massive geek.

• Fake_Blood 2 May 2014 16:02:04 4,157 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Small number statistics hu?
    If every green ball has 6 kids, and the red ones 1 or two, how many generations before the green ones outnumber the reds? If you're that good in maths, surely someone has explained logaritmic functions to you?
  • Mola_Ram 2 May 2014 16:20:12 7,169 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    How about we just don't quote statistics from Wikipedia, as if they're an authoritative source.
  • Aargh, 2 May 2014 16:33:53 247 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Defecationqueen wrote:
    thelzdking wrote:
    My parents have now gone full retard. My stepfather has just claimed that this country will be "run by Muslims" in thirty years, and my mother sat there complaining about seeing someone wearing a burqa. My mother has always been something of an idiot, but my stepfather is generally a bit more intelligent, so I'm amazed that he would make such a statement which, to my mind, would only be uttered by a complete moron.

Unless he was trolling me, of course.
    Quote from Wiki regarding the Muslim diaspora in the UK: "Between 2001 and 2009 the Muslim population increased almost 10 times faster than the non-Muslim population."

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islam_in_the_United_Kingdom
    The number of muslims tripled between 1960 and 1970. It's a miracle we aren't all in mosques now.

Operating systems complete me

• Fake_Blood 2 May 2014 16:48:30 4,157 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Yes logarithmic functions start slow. They also tend to shoot up rapidly when you're not looking.
  • Aargh, 2 May 2014 17:56:36 247 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Sounds like Peaches Geldof.

Operating systems complete me

• OptimusPube 2 May 2014 18:04:17 2,926 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    MrTomFTW wrote:
    DiddlerDo wrote:
    Mr_Sleep wrote:
    I find that around half of the questionable things that my dad says to me are said to get a rise.
    Sounds sexy.
    You're into incest eh?
    Who isn't?

You better watch out.
    You better beware.
    Albert said E=MC˛

• Fake_Blood 2 May 2014 18:04:45 4,157 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    ok glol.

@Aargh

Edited by Fake_Blood at 18:05:19 02-05-2014
  • mcmothercruncher 2 May 2014 18:27:10 6,715 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Jesus- pun intended- arguing anything by just quoting direct passages from your uber book, you know, the one many people dispute the voracity of is so vacuous.

Can you not think outside of your scripture and try to engage in a more human way, rather than attempting to bash us over the head with the burning-in-hell stuff?
  • Fake_Blood 2 May 2014 18:32:18 4,157 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Ugly, do you eat a lot of subway?
    Also, what is islam's stance on drugs?
  • PazJohnMitch 2 May 2014 18:36:01 7,965 posts
    Seen 43 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Pretty sure anything which can impede your ability to make rational decisions is banned in Islam. (Except obviously the Kiran :)) This is why Muslim's are not supposed to drink alcohol.
  • OptimusPube 2 May 2014 18:37:56 2,926 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I will not engage with the deranged, it is futile.

This post is not targeted at anyone in particular.

You better watch out.
    You better beware.
    Albert said E=MC˛

• Defecationqueen 2 May 2014 19:01:15 518 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 months ago
    PazJohnMitch wrote:
    Pretty sure anything which can impede your ability to make rational decisions is banned in Islam. (Except obviously the Kiran :)) This is why Muslim's are not supposed to drink alcohol.
    The ultimate irony is that alcohol is an Arabic word.
  • reggy72 2 May 2014 19:22:30 272 posts
    Seen 26 minutes ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    uglygamer wrote:
    thelzdking wrote:
    I repeat: only an utter moron would think that this country is in danger of becoming Muslim. The only way it would happen is if we were invaded and conquered by a country like Iran, or if Mohammed reappeared and Islam turned out to be true.

Jesus(AS) son of Mary will soon descend and kill the pig and break the cross. And then once everyone has tasted death, the trumpet will be blown and suddenly everyone (including the athiests) will be up on the Earths surface for the Day of Judgement a day of terror, when people will
    flee from their own Mothers, fathers, brothers, wife and children. Even the prophets (peace be upon them all) won't feel safe that day!

When is it? Only Allah knows.

"They ask you, [O Muhammad], about the Hour: when is its arrival? In what [position] are you that you should mention it? To your Lord is its finality.
    You are only a warner for those who fear it. It will be, on the Day they see it, as though they had not remained [in the world] except for an afternoon or a morning thereof."

The real Jesus (AS)

I only survived a minute of that, was it Ali G doing the narration?
  • YoshiMcTaggis 2 May 2014 20:15:28 2,929 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Bless you
  • bladdard 2 May 2014 20:18:37 912 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Muslims not drinking must be the ultimate irony, I come up with some crazy bollocks when I'm pissed so whoever wrote the Qur'an must have been off his nut on tennents super strength.

Edited by bladdard at 20:32:26 02-05-2014
  • bladdard 2 May 2014 20:24:44 912 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Bladdard 15:01:01-13
    "And only the pure of anus shall enter paradise where twelve virgins will become your personal slaves for you to commit any depraved act, with the exception you must not break their anus. Should you commit this most heinous act you too will be cast into the fire of fire with extra fiery fierceness where you will burn for longer than an eternity and bummed up the anus with a red hot poker."

And I'm only on my second pint.

Edited by bladdard at 20:26:43 02-05-2014
  • dirtysteve 2 May 2014 20:28:41 154 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Aargh, wrote:
    Sounds like Peaches Geldof.
    Marvellous!

Mind you, if she had be converted to Islam, she might still be alive.
  • reggy72 2 May 2014 20:44:46 272 posts
    Seen 26 minutes ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    bladdard wrote:
    Bladdard 15:01:01-13
    "And only the pure of anus shall enter paradise where twelve virgins will become your personal slaves for you to commit any depraved act, with the exception you must not break their anus. Should you commit this most heinous act you too will be cast into the fire of fire with extra fiery fierceness where you will burn for longer than an eternity and bummed up the anus with a red hot poker."

And I'm only on my second pint.
    bladdard Akbar!!
  • malloc 6 May 2014 14:04:11 2,318 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Mr_Sleep wrote:
    kalel wrote:
    Leviticus is the source of most far-right religious hate mongering, but it's also full of really weird shit which pretty much no Christian follows.
    That is the thrust of my point, if the Bible is definitely correct about everything then why are people not still doing the mad things that are in Leviticus, I would suspect it is because society and human morality shows these things to be false and improper. I realise I'm not exactly breaking new ground with my musings.
    Rather simply because that is part if the Law covenant which only applied to the nation of Israel. Jesus setup a new covenant which replaced it.
  • Khanivor 6 May 2014 14:48:54 40,510 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    And yet the OT is still the basis for a large amount of Christian belief. For example, the JW's edict on blood transfusions are all based on OT scripture.

You often hear how Jesus brought the new shit from God but most Christians still treat the old shit as just as important, rather than the origin story that it would be treated as if they followed the path set out by the man they named their religion after.
  • DrStrangelove 6 May 2014 15:37:30 3,612 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Evangelicals seem to put a great emphasis on the OT, and in America circumcision is pretty common, although it isn't required according to the NT.

I also wondered how Evangelicals could respect people getting really rich, since Jesus condemned rich people, what with the camel and the eye of the needle.

Even more so getting rich through their megachurch economy. I don't think evangelical megachurches asking their huge followship for generous donations and selling them shitloads of expensive crap books isn't much different from turning the temple into a den of thieves. Today, Jesus would probably throw over the tables full of those books in the churches, and they would stone him for that.

But in the OT, if I remember right, it's a sign of God's blessing if you became wealthy. I wonder if that's the justification for their (imo strikingly un-christian) approval of rich people.

Edited by DrStrangelove at 15:38:58 06-05-2014
  • DrStrangelove 6 May 2014 15:41:19 3,612 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Defecationqueen wrote:
    PazJohnMitch wrote:
    The ultimate irony is that alcohol is an Arabic word.
    Maybe because they were aware of it? I mean, in our monasteries, beer was simply drinkable bread. And it was always okay to drink it.

Not an opinion, just wondering.

edit: maybe also because back in the times progress, science, culture and all that happened in the Islamic world, while Christian Europeans spent their lives wading through the streets drowned in their faeces.

Edited by DrStrangelove at 15:45:54 06-05-2014
  • Khanivor 6 May 2014 15:45:07 40,510 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    It's called the prosperity Gospel and it's so contrary to Christ's teachings there's not enough time in the universe to try and make sense of it. The basic gist is that if you are poor you aren't righteous enough and God is punishing you for your failings. If you're filthy rich then you are being rewarded by the almighty.

It's why you can get politicians thumping the Bible while wanting to deny folks food stamps and healthcare.

Folks like that make me wish hell could be real.

Edited by Khanivor at 15:46:10 06-05-2014
  • DrStrangelove 6 May 2014 15:47:05 3,612 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Well, they can claim that, but they can't call themselves Christians then. I know they do, but they're worse Christians than communists then.
  • LeoliansBro 6 May 2014 15:49:48 43,673 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    'back in the times'...

LB, you really are a massive geek.

• Page

of 105 First / Last