The Islam Thread. Page 8

• Page

of 109 First / Last

• Dangerous_Dan 18 Feb 2013 14:48:48 2,380 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Pepsipop wrote:
    Or just tell me as a google search came up several religions.
    Bingo. It's all the same.
  • Moot_Point 3 Mar 2013 06:32:52 4,087 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago

================================================================================

mowgli wrote: I thought the 1 married the .2 and founded Islam?

• Khanivor 3 Mar 2013 06:47:33 40,766 posts
    Seen 36 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Archaic code of morality meets modern compulsion of the young to be famous.

Video win/fail/jihad!
  • Mr-Brett 3 Mar 2013 08:47:59 12,799 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Wow that show takes its time to get going doesn't it "look at all our social shit!".

What's the story here? that a couple of idiots got territorial and everyone reacted appropriately? Big whoop.

Moot_Point, what is your problem with Islam? There must be a reason you keep trying to stir up shit about it.

Level 37 Social Justice Warrior

• nickthegun 3 Mar 2013 09:19:52 59,937 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Its not really 'stirring shit', its actually quite interesting.

Near where I used to live there was a 'muslim patrol' years ago to get prostitutes moved on from a certain area. Turned out it was purely so the muslim dudes werent caught shitting on their own doorsteps, getting the hookers moved on so they could visit them without the fear of getting caught.

---------------------------------------------------------
    someone say something funny

• Mint_mint 3 Mar 2013 09:24:24 18 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    nickthegun wrote:

Near where I used to live there was a 'muslim patrol' years ago to get prostitutes moved on from a certain area. Turned out it was purely so the muslim dudes werent caught shitting on their own doorsteps, getting the hookers moved on so they could visit them without the fear of getting caught.
    lol!
  • heyyo 3 Mar 2013 09:43:27 14,373 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I saw a 'muslim patrol' batter the hell out of two sikh boys. The boys were walking about 200m ahead of me, a car pulled up to them to apparently ask for directions - the passenger grabbed one boy's turban and the rest jumped out the car and ran after (and catch) the other boy all the time shouting "hairy paki" etc

Quite a regular thing for the muslim lads to do once they're together after friday prayers here. They don't just target sikhs either.
  • Benno 3 Mar 2013 09:45:01 9,900 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    did you call the police??
  • heyyo 3 Mar 2013 09:49:15 14,373 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Another witness did, it was a Friday 6pm last August so the pavements were busy. I took the car number plate to give the police but they didn't interview me as a witness.
  • Mr-Brett 3 Mar 2013 09:52:42 12,799 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    nickthegun wrote:
    It may be interesting but I think that's purely accidental.

He doesn't get involved in the discussion, just drops links to youtube videos that make Muslims look bad or at least he probably thinks they do. Maybe it's not shit stirring but I find it annoying when someone posts like that, I can't help but imagine them sitting back feel proud of themselves for being the 'puppet master' and waiting for the fallout.

Level 37 Social Justice Warrior

• Madder-Max 3 Mar 2013 10:22:15 11,650 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    One thing I don't understand about muslims is why do some of them think its okay to stink of BO? That's a serious question btw. Did mohamed specifically say "now look boys. You aint using any of that girly perfume shit" ? Or is it something to do with the fact that deodorant wasn't around in mohameds day?

99 problems and being ginger is one

• speedofthepuma 3 Mar 2013 10:27:25 13,299 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    This is an enlightening thread.

I lurk. If I've spoken to you, I'm either impassioned, or drunk.

• Madder-Max 3 Mar 2013 10:29:33 11,650 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Hey look. Just an observation. Am I wrong though? Nope

• Deleted user 3 March 2013 10:43:05
    Madder-Max wrote:
    One thing I don't understand about muslims is why do some of them think its okay to stink of BO? That's a serious question btw. Did mohamed specifically say "now look boys. You aint using any of that girly perfume shit" ? Or is it something to do with the fact that deodorant wasn't around in mohameds day?
    Please tell me you're joking?
  • Madder-Max 3 Mar 2013 10:46:42 11,650 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Um no. It is quite noticable and having lived in birmingham for a couple of years it is an observational fact and its a serious question. I am simply asking if there is something in the religion about masking the bodies true for or whatever. No I'm not trying to be funny or anything. Many muslims smell of bo.

• StarchildHypocrethes 3 Mar 2013 10:48:07 25,868 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    So how do you tell if someone with bad BO is a Muslim?
  • Deleted user 3 March 2013 10:48:47
    Many people here seem to he confusing things. Following Islam is nothing to do with most of the actions you are all talking about.
    So if a white English guy does something terrible is it because he is Christian? No, it's because he is an idiot.
  • Deleted user 3 March 2013 10:51:41
    Madder-Max wrote:
    Um no. It is quite noticable and having lived in birmingham for a couple of years it is an observational fact and its a serious question. I am simply asking if there is something in the religion about masking the bodies true for or whatever. No I'm not trying to be funny or anything. Many muslims smell of bo.
    Wow, just wow. It makes no difference what religion you are and how you smell.
  • Fake_Blood 3 Mar 2013 11:00:42 4,211 posts
    Seen 25 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    They smell indoctrinated.
  • Deleted user 3 March 2013 11:05:28
    Both the bible and the Quran if you take literally can be extreme, it is how you take it. Both are extremely old and we're written in times when things were different. You can't possibly take such an old book word for word in today's context.
  • speedofthepuma 3 Mar 2013 11:13:32 13,299 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    The point is that they do.

I lurk. If I've spoken to you, I'm either impassioned, or drunk.

• Mola_Ram 3 Mar 2013 11:18:04 7,397 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    This thread needs quotes from the Koran. "Muslims believe this". "No, they believe this". If you're going to make any blanket statement wither way, then you need to provide evidence from the source.
  • RyanDS 3 Mar 2013 11:18:58 9,363 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Graveland wrote:
    Pepsipop wrote:
    Both the bible and the Quran if you take literally can be extreme, it is how you take it. Both are extremely old and we're written in times when things were different. You can't possibly take such an old book word for word in today's context.
    But Muslims have to. It is seen as one of the ultimate aims in life for Muslims to memorise the Koran by heart. It is written in almost poetic verse thus making it easier to memorise and recite.

"You can't possibly take such an old book word for word in today's context."

This is exactly the main reason why Islam is not compatible with Western society. Islam must be followed word for word (if you're a sincere Muslim), it's as much a way of life as it is a religion. The ultimate aim for the faith is world domination. Whether this is a cause for celebration or horror depends on your viewpoint. If you believe the Koran is the actual word of God then surely you'd want every human to follow it - both to fulfil God's wishes and to enlighten and save your fellow humans' souls.
    Interpretation is everything. Hence the vast quantity of islamic scholars.

Basically like the others in the big three, you can interprate the bronze age myths into whatever format you want to apply them to the modern age.
  • Deleted user 3 March 2013 11:21:20
    I am a Muslim but I also have the intelligence to not take an ancient book, written in times of war and human hardship, all in its archaic ways.

The bible is the same, so much of it is not compatible to modern times.
  • nickthegun 3 Mar 2013 11:22:17 59,937 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    You arent a muslim.

---------------------------------------------------------
    someone say something funny

• Page

of 109 First / Last