The Ethnic Diversity Thread. Page 2

• Page

of 3 First / Last

• senso-ji 13 Feb 2013 09:09:55 5,789 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    The current government put a cap on immigrants coming from outside the EU. This fear mongering about the changing demographics in the UK is nothing to do with the number of foreigners coming in; people are taking a pop at the ethnic minorities.
  • SClaw 13 Feb 2013 09:46:05 826 posts
    Seen 5 months ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    People who complain about immigration clearly have no understanding of British history. Our entire culture and economy was built on the free flow of people into our shores, and the free flow of British culture and currency to other nations. It should be a source of pride for us that people still want to come here – it should make us very happy that the rest of the world think of this as a great place to live and to work.

Whatever they are “taking” from us they are giving back in spades; either with cultural diversity (Birmingham would be friggin’ boring without it’s Chinese, Pakistani, etc communities), cheap labour (want your cockles picked? Your potatoes packed? Yeah… ain’t no “British” dollite lining up for those jobs), expert trained labour (nurses, doctors, scientists, engineers – we aren’t producing enough at home to keep up with demand), or simple good will (assuming we were a little more welcoming – having the respect and admiration of the people of other nations is important in international relations).
    And With an aging population we need all the fresh bodies in this country we can get.

Maybe some come over here just for the free stuff; but there are plenty of “locals” who get the free stuff too, so maybe we should look to our own house before pointing fingers at others. I’d rather let a few bad eggs in than exclude all the good, important people who come to this country.

Bring ‘em on I say.
  • ResidentKnievel 13 Feb 2013 10:09:25 6,100 posts
    Seen 23 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Wait, spag bol, thai and indian food isn't native to Britian?!

[code]Armoured_Bear wrote:
    Unlike yourself, I don't have a weird obsession with any platform.[/code]

• Tonka 13 Feb 2013 10:14:27 20,006 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    ResidentKnievel wrote:
    Finally some questions. (I was starting to think you guys weren't familiar with how AMA! works)

No, they are not. But rumor has it that vindaloo is a genuine british invention. I cannot confirm this.

If you can read this you really need to fiddle with your forum settings.

• spamdangled 13 Feb 2013 10:16:03 27,269 posts
    Seen 43 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Sure you're not getting confused with Tikka Massala (which is in itself just a variant on a dish that already existed anyway).

Vindaloo most certainly does originate from India.

Edited by darkmorgado at 10:18:14 13-02-2013

3DS: 4055-2781-2855 Xbox: spamdangled PSN: dark_morgan Wii U: Spamdangle Steam: spamdangled

• Mr-Brett 13 Feb 2013 10:18:40 12,723 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Seriously though, Russia Today? That's where we're getting out news about the UK? Well the OP is focused on England but making a distinction in this is pointless since people enter and exit the UK, not England.

Portable view - Never forget.

• ResidentKnievel 13 Feb 2013 10:22:14 6,100 posts
    Seen 23 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Tonka wrote:
    ResidentKnievel wrote:
    Finally some questions. (I was starting to think you guys weren't familiar with how AMA! works)
    Russia today, Soviet Union tomorrow?

[code]Armoured_Bear wrote:
    Unlike yourself, I don't have a weird obsession with any platform.[/code]

• Deleted user 13 February 2013 10:22:29
    As fucking stupid as the scare mongering over immigration is concerned it is a hell of a lot more interesting/entertaining than another tedious debate on the semantics of 'native English people' and the completely irrelevant and totally void argument that you can't have a problem with mass immigration and be a fan of Indian, Chinese food etc.
  • kalel 13 Feb 2013 10:28:30 86,240 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    mowgli wrote:
    As fucking stupid as the scare mongering over immigration is concerned it is a hell of a lot more interesting/entertaining than another tedious debate on the semantics of 'native English people' and the completely irrelevant and totally void argument that you can't have a problem with mass immigration and be a fan of Indian, Chinese food etc.
    Well yeah. although it was the OP that was based on the "native English" thing, and to be honest nobody has said that you can't have a problem with mass immigration and be a fan of Chinese food. That's a bit of a strawman response to SClaw's quite valid point.
  • LeoliansBro 13 Feb 2013 10:33:21 43,132 posts
    Seen 24 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I've just realised I'd assumed Moot_Point and Mola_Ram were the same person.

I'd like to apologise to Mola_Ram.

LB, you really are a massive geek.

• Deleted user 13 February 2013 10:35:38
    kalel wrote:
    mowgli wrote:
    Well yeah. although it was the OP that was based on the "native English" thing, and to be honest nobody has said that you can't have a problem with mass immigration and be a fan of Chinese food. That's a bit of a strawman response to SClaw's quite valid point.
    I never actually read SClaw's post. It was more the lazy hinting that you can't have a problem on one hand and love the food/culture on the other that always and was inevitably about to creep into the argument.
  • Mr-Brett 13 Feb 2013 10:52:01 12,723 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Tonka wrote:
    I was an imigrant in England for a while AMA!
    What should I have for lunch?

Would you consider 'Organic' farming to be immoral given the 40-60% lower yields and the substantial deficit in food supply in the third world?

Does the loch ness monster exist?

Which is the best Die Hard?

Daddy or chips?

Portable view - Never forget.

• brokenkey 13 Feb 2013 11:07:11 6,939 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    sport wrote:
    Tonka wrote:
    I AM an immigrant in England AMA!
    If two disabled people with inheritable conditions are allowed to marry and have children, why is it illegal for a brother and sister to marry? Asking for a friend.

3DS 3497-0122-1484
    XBL/PSN/NNID: CptnBrokenkey

• President_Weasel 13 Feb 2013 11:23:12 8,920 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Fucking Swedes. Coming over here and taking our jerbs.
  • Mola_Ram 13 Feb 2013 11:34:47 6,936 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    LeoliansBro wrote:
    I've just realised I'd assumed Moot_Point and Mola_Ram were the same person.

I'd like to apologise to Mola_Ram.
    How very dare you
  • Fake_Blood 13 Feb 2013 11:35:47 4,049 posts
    Seen 28 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    At least you guys in the Uk have the luck of attracting people from all over the world. Here on mainland europe it's all turcs and moroccans.
  • imamazed 13 Feb 2013 11:37:02 5,520 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Fake_Blood wrote:
    At least you guys in the Uk have the luck of attracting people from all over the world. Here on mainland europe it's all turcs and moroccans.
    empire/commonwealth innit
  • LeoliansBro 13 Feb 2013 11:42:33 43,132 posts
    Seen 24 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I love how diverse England is.

• RyanDS 13 Feb 2013 11:49:07 9,050 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Immigrants are the best from any country. They are the cream of the crop that have worked hard enough to make it, afford the costs of relocation and the drive to succeed.

These are the people you want, and the people who make things happen.

Whereas the static population in any country (ie the TRUE BRITISH etc) are mostly the poor and lazy.

This is why no matter what country you are in the foreigners in that country are normally fantastic people whereas the locals are often dolescum.
  • sport 13 Feb 2013 11:51:27 12,499 posts
    Seen 45 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    brokenkey wrote:
    sport wrote:
    Tonka wrote:
    I AM an immigrant in England AMA!
    If two disabled people with inheritable conditions are allowed to marry and have children, why is it illegal for a brother and sister to marry? Asking for a friend.
    That would be an ecumenical matter.
  • Deckard1 13 Feb 2013 11:52:13 27,040 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Yeah even up north we're turning into something of a melting pot. There was a black man in the post office the other day. Mrs Percival fainted and Tony Mackalsons dog got spooked and ran back to the farm.
  • whatfruit 13 Feb 2013 11:57:51 1,283 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Toilet attendants in nightclubs might become more enthnicly diverse?
  • SClaw 13 Feb 2013 12:08:46 826 posts
    Seen 5 months ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    kalel wrote:That's a bit of a strawman response to SClaw's quite valid point.
    I made a valid point! That's going right on my achievement board, taking pride of place beside "wake up without weeping".

I find this whole debate (not this one specifically; I mean the whole subject) completely bizarre and annoying. I was raised in the ass end of the Midlands’ countryside where, until I was about 14, there were no brown people (etc.) at all. But my parents made sure we travelled a lot and I had some great teachers who were enthusiastic about other cultures, so I’ve always found people from “outside” to be hugely exciting. Why wouldn’t you want to be surrounded by people with different views, religions, cultures, foods and opinions? Trust me; life is boring when everyone is the same as you.

Anyway; we’re all immigrants. My family raped its way to the Midlands from Denmark hundreds of years ago. That’s hardly pre-history, and in the grand scheme of things quite recent. I would like the legacy of this generations immigrants – in another few hundred years – to be “we went there because it’s awesome” and not “we just stayed because of all the sweet, sweet Saxon tail” like mine did.
  • Moot_Point 13 Feb 2013 17:20:36 3,906 posts
    Seen 43 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Mr-Brett wrote:
    Seriously though, Russia Today? That's where we're getting out news about the UK? Well the OP is focused on England but making a distinction in this is pointless since people enter and exit the UK, not England.
    Racist! Nothing wrong with Russian News. :p

I did make a mistake in the OP. The "native English" part of the OP was meant to be a quote from the news video, so have edited my post to reflect that.

================================================================================

mowgli wrote: I thought the 1 married the .2 and founded Islam?

• LeoliansBro 13 Feb 2013 17:26:51 43,132 posts
    Seen 24 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Can someone tell me what part of ethnic diversity is bad?

• Deleted user 13 February 2013 17:28:14
    LeoliansBro wrote:
    Can someone tell me what part of ethnic diversity is bad?
    all these brown faces will force us into sharia law
  • mal 13 Feb 2013 17:30:31 22,328 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    LeoliansBro wrote:
    I love how diverse London is.
    FTFY

Cubby didn't know how to turn off sigs!

• FWB 13 Feb 2013 17:33:11 43,793 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Criminals can be any race, colour or background. They exist here and abroad and will take advantage of anything they can, including freer borders. Do we ban all cars cos some people getting behind the wheel drunk?

A crime is is a criminal issue, not an immigration one.
  • kalel 13 Feb 2013 18:26:05 86,240 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Who said anything about crime? That's literally the first mention of the word in relation to the topic.
  • cubbymoore 13 Feb 2013 18:33:49 36,468 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    FWB wrote:
    Criminals can be any race, colour or background.
    As long as it's black.

:o
  • Page

of 3 First / Last