What have I missed? Page 2

• Page

of 2 First / Last

Next
  • Gambit1977 11 Feb 2013 13:14:41 10,165 posts
    Seen 36 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Ultrasoundwave wrote:
    If we're only talking about 360 exclusives, its slim pickings to be honest. Saying that, you should definitely play the following :

- Gears 3
    - Halo 4
    - Trials Evolution
    - Forza Horizon
    - Mark of the Ninja
    - Forza 4
    - Skyrim (because the PS3 version doesnt count)
    Had Gears 3, may get it again as I gave up with the sea monster things.
    Halo 4 on it's way
    Trials Evo - going to 'trial' later
    Forza - don't like driving at all mate, but I know it's a quality game
    - MOTN - trialling
    Skyrim - free with console, having played the Ps3 version for 100s of hours, I can safely say, this one is by far better :lol: how on earth Bethesda got away with releasing the PS3 one in the state it was in is beyond me.
  • FuzzyDuck 11 Feb 2013 13:28:20 4,332 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @Gambit1977

I've a happy agreement with my neighbours (I'm on the end of a terrace so there's only one of them!) that I can blast whatever audio I want to a certain time, and after that it gets turned right down. And no doggie for me, (although I want a malamute so bad!).

Argh, I'm now thinking of the cost of an Xbox would buy me enough PS3 games to last a few years! Decisions, decisions :D
  • RedSparrows 11 Feb 2013 13:31:02 23,257 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Save it for the new PS, probably cost a fair whack.
  • FuzzyDuck 4 Mar 2013 18:28:57 4,332 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Good folks of the EG forum, I've just become a multiplatform owner :D

Which Gears is best to start with?

Is the Trials/Limbo/'Splosion Man pack worth 15 or should I just buy Trials HD?

Crackdown 1 or 2? (considering I've played neither).

Forgot to pick up Bayonetta with my console, raging!
  • Gambit1977 4 Mar 2013 18:35:14 10,165 posts
    Seen 36 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    First things first, get Arkham Asylum for 2.69 and max Payne for under a fiver before the offer finishes!!!
  • FuzzyDuck 4 Mar 2013 18:41:36 4,332 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Hmm, I've still got AA on the PS3 (and pretty much rinsed it), didn't get on with Max Payne 3. Cracking prices though!

How's Forza 4 Essentials going for you Gambit? Is it worth trying to get the missing disc's worth of content?
  • FuzzyDuck 4 Mar 2013 19:31:58 4,332 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Question for ye guys - if i buy digital content (probably just Trials, but I've the code for the full Skyrim code so may as well get that too) and don't bother signing in to my Live account (mostly because of a flakey net connection) I can still play downloaded stuff offline and all that jazz?

Edited by FuzzyDuck at 20:10:09 04-03-2013
  • andytheadequate 4 Mar 2013 20:26:41 8,267 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @FuzzyDuck - you can play xbla and Games on Demand games offline, but not indie games.

And trials hd, limbo and splosion man is a brilliant deal.
  • FuzzyDuck 4 Mar 2013 20:34:02 4,332 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @andytheadequate

Brilliant news all round there so!

Really enjoyed the demo of Limbo on PS3, a former work colleague used to rave about 'Splosion Man, while Trials has always been the 360 exclusive I've wanted the most.
  • andytheadequate 4 Mar 2013 21:44:35 8,267 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Trials HD and Evo are both excellent, but if you want to play them both then start with HD, otherwise going to it from Evo might feel like a step back.

Splosion Man is especially fun in co op btw
  • Gambit1977 4 Mar 2013 22:04:46 10,165 posts
    Seen 36 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @FuzzyDuck no idea mate, didn't even open it, just gave it away on here!
    Driving games and me don't mix :lol:

I'm hoping tomorrow will see the release of something good on xbla as I have 800 points burning a hole.
  • FuzzyDuck 4 Mar 2013 23:34:29 4,332 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @Gambit1977

Yeah sorry mate, spotted your distaste of driving games in an earlier post a good bit after i replied! :D

I took a quick look at some of the stuff available to download - tempting! My main problem is I have a woeful net connection and will have to haul my console to my brother's gaff just to get Skyrim downloaded.

So far I have:

The Mass Effect Trilogy
    Forza 4 (Essentials)
    Skyrim
    Gears of War 2

Tomorrow I'll be picking up Bayonetta, have my eye on Red Dead Redemption in a few places and I'll be also getting that Trials/Splosion Man/Limbo pack. Will probably grab Bulletstorm if I spot it cheap.

So by clearing my exhausted PS3 stash, I've basically generated a massive 360 back catalogue!
  • Vice.Destroyer 4 Mar 2013 23:50:46 5,849 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    pinebear wrote:
    Blue Dragon?
    QFT. Get yourself Blue Dragon. STAT!
  • FuzzyDuck 5 Mar 2013 18:05:50 4,332 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Aww, to think I used to work in a shop where Blue Dragon was being handed out for free at one point.

Did pick up that triple Live pack (I think Trials could turn into some sort of digital crack), sadly installing the disc doesn't work for it, and I also scored Bayonetta today, which I'm off to play now (whilst frowning at my PS3 copy of it on the shelf).
  • FuzzyDuck 6 Mar 2013 15:43:55 4,332 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Yup, a "quick peek" at Trials turned into a few hours!

Just grabbed the demo for Evolution too, gonna grab points and buy that later. Ah, social life, I hardly knew you.
  • imamazed 6 Mar 2013 15:46:45 5,784 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    FuzzyDuck wrote:
    Yup, a "quick peek" at Trials turned into a few hours!

Just grabbed the demo for Evolution too, gonna grab points and buy that later. Ah, social life, I hardly knew you.
    Good stuff.

Get involved in the Trials Evo thread. There are several people's ghosts you can use for benchmarks. My GT is imamazedwill if you wanna add me. I'm not really that great; I just go for gold for all non-extreme tracks and occasionally try and better some. Others in the trials thread are beasts though; platinum'ing extremes and the like.
  • FuzzyDuck 8 Mar 2013 16:13:56 4,332 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @imamazed

Cheers for the suggestion, I must do that. Have just over 100 medals on Evo now, it's probably the most addictive game I've played in some time.

Sounds good, I'll probably be shooting for similar goals as yourself, so we can slug it out!
  • Page

of 2 First / Last

Next