What have I missed?

  • Page

    of 2 First / Last

    Previous
  • Gambit1977 11 Feb 2013 11:50:45 10,382 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    This weekend crowned my return to the Xbox 360 fold. Having gotten sick of my Ps3 slim making noises resembling a jet fighter, and my Wii U becoming yet another paperweight.

    So what have I missed? What recommendations do you have for the last year or 2?
    I've just ordered Halo 4 and The Witcher 2 for 32 so that's a good start...but I'm interested in XBLA as much as anything. Having downloaded the demo for Fez, which I can't wait to try, I'm now getting excited about gaming again :-)
  • kinky_mong 11 Feb 2013 11:57:24 10,697 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Trials Evo, all the multi-platform games you might already have played but without having to sit through 15-30 minute installs and updates to start them, some other stuff.

    All the eurogamers who actually play with each other on xbl rather than just post pseudointellectual pc handwringing bollocks on the forums, love the shit out of biggy.

  • Gambit1977 11 Feb 2013 11:58:26 10,382 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Good call! I've got the first one and redownloaded it yesterday, but am I right thinking Evo adds real production values into the mix?

    What's this cel shaded shooty thing that popped up on my dashboard?
  • neilka 11 Feb 2013 11:58:29 16,450 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Take the last ten games you played and add one to the title.

    BAAANG!!!!! EXPLOTION!!!!!

  • RedSparrows 11 Feb 2013 11:58:50 23,857 posts
    Seen 58 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Trials Evo, Fez, Skulls of the Shogun, Mark of the Ninja (or is that on PS3 also?) and probably a load of others I've forgotten.
  • Gambit1977 11 Feb 2013 12:00:39 10,382 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @RedSparrows Skulls of the Shogun? Mark of the Ninja? I'll give them a look up, cheers. I find the new store etc a bit difficult to figure out.
  • RedSparrows 11 Feb 2013 12:01:09 23,857 posts
    Seen 58 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Games > Browse Games > Arcade
  • RedSparrows 11 Feb 2013 12:01:57 23,857 posts
    Seen 58 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    tbh I play Halo 4, a few XBLA games and the rest is all multiplatform.

    I'd imagine the 'exclusive' fanboy fodder will start up for the 720. And then diminish again. Business, innit.
  • imamazed 11 Feb 2013 12:02:50 5,896 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Gambit1977 wrote:
    Good call! I've got the first one and redownloaded it yesterday, but am I right thinking Evo adds real production values into the mix?
    Yeh, it does. Generally speaking it looks prettier, also supplemented by a much wider variety of backdrops and scenery. Add to that genuinely fun and hilarious local multiplayer, a ridiculously extensive track editor, consistently brilliant track design and a bevy of creative delights to sample from the community it's just a must buy. Best game of last year on any system imo. DLC is excellent as well. Oh, and gigatrack.
  • Gambit1977 11 Feb 2013 12:03:39 10,382 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    RedSparrows wrote:
    Games > Browse Games > Arcade
    :lol: yeah, I guess the way I said that made it sound a little daft haha.
    I've just set those two recommendations going from my browser at work. Can't wait to try The Witcher 2 especially.
  • MrTomFTW Moderator 11 Feb 2013 12:04:04 39,313 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Pro tip: If you know exactly which game you're looking for just use the Bing search thing on your 360 to cut out the faffing through all the menus.

    Follow me on Twitter: @MrTom
    Voted by the community "Best mod" 2011, 2012 and 2013.

  • Gambit1977 11 Feb 2013 12:05:29 10,382 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    MrTomFTW wrote:
    Pro tip: If you know exactly which game you're looking for just use the Bing search thing on your 360 to cut out the faffing through all the menus.
    :cool: will do. I spotted that after my update yesterday, but didn't expect it to be of use without a gold account (mine obviously dried up years ago).
  • SparkyMarky81 11 Feb 2013 12:05:41 567 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Gambit1977 wrote:
    What's this cel shaded shooty thing that popped up on my dashboard?
    Borderlands 2?
  • kinky_mong 11 Feb 2013 12:07:15 10,697 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Another vote for Mark Of The Ninja, fantastic game.

    All the eurogamers who actually play with each other on xbl rather than just post pseudointellectual pc handwringing bollocks on the forums, love the shit out of biggy.

  • Gambit1977 11 Feb 2013 12:07:25 10,382 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @SparkyMarky81
    Special Forces Team X?
  • pinebear 11 Feb 2013 12:10:06 8,565 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Blue Dragon?

  • ZuluHero 11 Feb 2013 12:12:26 4,232 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Why is your slim making that much noise? I never use my 360 because of the same problem!

    Turning my 360 is always good if my room needs a vacuum, though I can't hear the TV over it! :p

    My PS3 on the other hand is quiet as a mouse. In fact both me and my wife keep turning it off at the wall without realising that it's still on.

    Edited by ZuluHero at 12:14:18 11-02-2013
  • L_Franko Moderator 11 Feb 2013 12:13:59 9,697 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    RedSparrows wrote:
    Trials Evo, Fez, Skulls of the Shogun, Mark of the Ninja (or is that on PS3 also?) and probably a load of others I've forgotten.
    These games alone should be enough to keep you entertained for many hours. The best money I've spent on xlba. Ever.
  • Gambit1977 11 Feb 2013 12:16:59 10,382 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    ZuluHero wrote:
    Why is your slim making that much noise? I never use my 360 because of the same problem!

    Turning my 360 is always good if my room needs a vacuum, though I can't hear the TV over it! :p

    My PS3 on the other hand is quiet as a mouse. In fact both me and my wife keep turning it off at the wall without realising that it's still on.
    No idea mate, just started before Christmas, but man is it noisey! Probably on par with my old 360's. Maybe I'll hoover the fan vents :lol:

    Has anyone tried Islands of Wakfu, or Bastion?
  • ZuluHero 11 Feb 2013 12:18:52 4,232 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Bastion I loved, Islands of Wakfu not so much. But the beauty of XBLA is that there is always a trial :)
  • andytheadequate 11 Feb 2013 12:19:47 8,318 posts
    Seen 49 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Trails evo and minecraft xbla are a must (if you don't have the pc version).

    Mark of the ninja is also on psn, isn't it? Either way, it's one of the best games of 2012.

    Fez is well worth playing.

    Wrecked is basically Mashed HD, but unless you plan on playing local multiplayer it isn't worth it as the online is hilariously broken, and the single player is dire
  • Gambit1977 11 Feb 2013 12:23:35 10,382 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Whilst I remember, I got Skyrim free as a dl, which I've downloaded but also Forza 4 Essentials.

    I hate driving games, so anyone want?
  • Armoured_Bear 11 Feb 2013 12:32:06 11,660 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    The Witcher 2 is amazing, I only played it on PC but I understand it was a good port.
    It takes some time to get going but when it does it's utterly superb.

    XBL : ecosse011172
    PSN : ecosse_011172
    NNID : armoured_bear

  • imamazed 11 Feb 2013 12:37:20 5,896 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @Gambit1977 Yeh I wouldn't mind that actually. PM?
  • Gambit1977 11 Feb 2013 12:40:59 10,382 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    imamazed wrote:
    @Gambit1977 Yeh I wouldn't mind that actually. PM?
    can do mate, just give me your address and I'll send it on wednesday :-)
  • FuzzyDuck 11 Feb 2013 12:41:33 4,703 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @Gambit1977

    Hey Gambit, is it the fan in your PS3 making the noise? The noise out of my Slim PS3's disc drive is driving me up the wall at the minute and there's tonnes of Xbox exclusives I really want to play (Trials, Forza, and erm, BAyonetta ;) being top of my list!).

    Considering taking the plunge too :D
  • Gambit1977 11 Feb 2013 12:43:53 10,382 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    FuzzyDuck wrote:
    @Gambit1977

    Hey Gambit, is it the fan in your PS3 making the noise? The noise out of my Slim PS3's disc drive is driving me up the wall at the minute and there's tonnes of Xbox exclusives I really want to play (Trials, Forza, and erm, BAyonetta ;) being top of my list!).

    Considering taking the plunge too :D
    :lol: it's the fan mate, it's horrendous too. It's in a well aired area, and even sat on a box to air it underneat! But nothing has worked.

    I just took my vita in to blockbuster and walked out with a 250gb 360 slim with play and charge kit (plus free Forza Essentials and Skyrim) which seemed fair.
  • FuzzyDuck 11 Feb 2013 13:01:43 4,703 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Gambit1977 wrote:
    FuzzyDuck wrote:
    @Gambit1977

    Hey Gambit, is it the fan in your PS3 making the noise? The noise out of my Slim PS3's disc drive is driving me up the wall at the minute and there's tonnes of Xbox exclusives I really want to play (Trials, Forza, and erm, BAyonetta ;) being top of my list!).

    Considering taking the plunge too :D
    :lol: it's the fan mate, it's horrendous too. It's in a well aired area, and even sat on a box to air it underneat! But nothing has worked.

    I just took my vita in to blockbuster and walked out with a 250gb 360 slim with play and charge kit (plus free Forza Essentials and Skyrim) which seemed fair.
    Sounds like the same issue that one of my mates is experiencing with hers. It ran great for a few years but it's practically a leaf blower now!

    I usually just turn the volume up on the hifi when I'm playing, but it really annoys me at night as i use open back headphones. Play through Dead Space 3 and the only scares i got were when it started accessing the disc!

    Sounds like a good deal you got there, I spotted those packs over Christmas but they seem to be sold out everywhere I live.
  • Gambit1977 11 Feb 2013 13:04:34 10,382 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @FuzzyDuck I have a full 5.1 audio set up, but I find myself being too concerned about the neighbours....and my dog, to turn it up loud enough to combat it :lol:

    I was fortunate enough to have bought quite a few things on the old gamertag I wanted to use, I have 4, so got Gears2, Black, Max Payne and my old XBLA games to bomb through. For the cost, it was a great move really. Lots I want to catch up on.

    Is Mass Effect 3 on 360 the most 'stable' version?
  • Ultrasoundwave 11 Feb 2013 13:10:45 3,394 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    If we're only talking about 360 exclusives, its slim pickings to be honest. Saying that, you should definitely play the following :

    - Gears 3
    - Halo 4
    - Trials Evolution
    - Forza Horizon
    - Mark of the Ninja
    - Forza 4
    - Skyrim (because the PS3 version doesnt count)

    "The worst part is, I'll have to have the break-up sex with myself!"

  • Page

    of 2 First / Last

    Previous
Log in or register to reply