CAPCOM Arcade Cabinet

• Page

of 1

Previous Next
  • Deleted user 8 February 2013 10:44:15
    Anyone excited for this? Looks to be in a similar vein to The Game Room but(hopefully) better.

Full list of Xbox release dates and prices here – would imagine its similar for the PS3.

Description_here

First game pack is released Feb 20th containing Black Tiger, Avengers and 1943.

Only slight snag seems to be that if you wait until May you can buy all 17 games at a huge discount – seems very un-Capcom like for them to tell us that now!

Anyhow Im looking forward to this – I think quite a few of these Capcom games hold up quite well today even without nostalgia goggles on.
  • nickthegun 8 Feb 2013 10:46:21 55,848 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    If its anything like the one on the iPhone, it will be absolutely awful.

Plus, seriously, how many times can they repackage these games?

---------------------------------------------------------
    He totally called it

• Blerk Moderator 8 Feb 2013 10:52:50 48,224 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Stupidly organised, as usual - they've basically learned nothing from Game Room.

Why do you have to buy packs? Why not just allow you to buy the games you actually want? And the pricing is far too high again.
  • Deleted user 8 February 2013 10:58:52
    @Blerk - you can buy the games seperately at 320msp each. A little expensive I agree.

Other alternatives are 3 in a pack for 800msp or all 17 for 2000msp in May - thats not a bad deal.
  • Blerk Moderator 8 Feb 2013 11:13:17 48,224 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Ah, I didn't realise that. Although that's still far too pricey.

Bit of a shame about the generic 'around the screen' backdrop, too. Couldn't they have used the original cabinet art?
  • ghostgate2001 21 May 2013 19:19:08 25 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    OK, so I downloaded "Capcom Arcade Cabinet" XBLA back in February, and decided that the sensible thing to do would be to wait patiently for the "all-in-one pack" - which finally appeared on XBL today.

Paid the 2000MSP, downloaded the "all-in-one" pack, and ... the damn compilation still reckons it's the trial version. Everything's just as locked as it ever was.

Any ideas how to make the thing recognise that it has been paid for?
  • ghostgate2001 21 May 2013 19:52:33 25 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I'm reading some disturbing comments (elsewhere) suggesting that you need to have purchased the 400MSP base 3-game pack for this so-called "all-in-one" pack to work. Seriously? Can anyone confirm this?

If that's true then this is a blatant (and quite possibly illegal) case of misleading the customer. I mean, it's hardly an "all-in-one" pack if you need to have previously purchased one-fifth of the content separately, is it?!

The description on XBL of the all-in-one pack (below) doesn't say anything about having to purchase the first 3 games separately:

"CAC: ALL-IN-ONE PACK
    Play all 17 available games. NOTE: "Capcom Arcade Cabinet" is required to play. Please purchase after downloading "Capcom Arcade Cabinet". This includes content that are the same as the individual game or the previous pack releases. If you purchase this pack, all the individual titles do not need to be purchased. Please be careful not to make double purchases."
    In fact, it clearly states that purchasing the all-in-one pack will allow you to play all 17 games. Sure, it says you have to have downloaded (N.B. that's downloaded, not purchased) the base game - which I had done.
  • ghostgate2001 22 May 2013 22:44:28 25 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Just a note for anyone else who's experiencing this problem...

Capcom have now confirmed, over on their forums, that YES you do have to purchase the 400MSP base-game (Black Tiger and chums) before the "all-in-one" pack will work.

N.B. This only applies to the Xbox 360 version, not the PS3 version.

So there you go.
  • Deleted user 22 August 2013 09:10:14
    Im 18th *in the universe on the 1942 ‘International Version’ leaderboard.

In your face!

*(only 200 names on leaderboard)
  • mal 22 Aug 2013 10:26:03 21,928 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Do the scoreboards only count for this release of 1942, or do players playing previous collections also count?

@ghostgate That sounds a bit shit, but I reckon it's a bug rather than a deliberate bit of misleading. Hopefully they'll take note of various forum's ire and fix it in an update.

Cubby didn't know how to turn off sigs!

• Deleted user 22 August 2013 10:46:31
    Only for this release.

It’s a bit overkill really as there are 6 leaderboards for each game! Normal, Hard and Ultimate for both Japanese and International Versions.

Also you have to specifically choose a certain mode (score attack) if you want your score to count against the leaderboards. Think that’s one reason why there are so few scores posted.
  • Page

of 1

Previous Next