Registered 11 years ago
    Billy McToucher.
  • Dougs 7 May 2014 16:13:38 69,530 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Zomoniac wrote:
    jablonski wrote:
    MyFitnessPal.

I can't make dinner anymore without being grilled afterwards by my girlfriend about every tiny fucking ingredient that went in it.
    Surely she should be adding it as it's been made? I weigh and add each ingredient as it gets prepared, much easier.
    Really? I'm all for watching what you eat, but does this not take things a little far....
  • billythekid 7 May 2014 16:14:49 11,402 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Tony Blair
  • Nexus_6 7 May 2014 16:14:56 3,903 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Rolf Harass
  • Psychotext 7 May 2014 16:15:53 55,032 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Dougs wrote:
    Really? I'm all for watching what you eat, but does this not take things a little far....
    It's all about the macros. If you want obsessive you should see how some bodybuilders go about it.
  • sport 7 May 2014 17:16:39 12,811 posts
    Seen 52 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Psychotext wrote:
    Dougs wrote:
    It's all about the macros. If you want obsessive you should see how some bodybuilders go about it.
    Protein / bicep or GTFO!!
  • kinky_mong 7 May 2014 18:23:45 10,867 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Ray P. Bastard

All the eurogamers who actually play with each other on xbl rather than just post pseudointellectual pc handwringing bollocks on the forums, love the shit out of biggy.

• twelveways 7 May 2014 18:36:57 4,193 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Can anyone tell me what this company actually does?

http://www.happen.com/what-we-do
  • Dougs 7 May 2014 18:39:42 69,530 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Psychotext wrote:
    Dougs wrote:
    And that's fine if you're competing or something, but just your average bloke wanting to keep the weight off?
  • TheMayorOfJugs 7 May 2014 18:40:17 4,530 posts
    Seen 23 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Mercenary management it looks like.

You pay them, they tell you what to do, charge you shitloads for their expertise, get their buddies contracts to make the changes to your business, leave you in crippling debt, and disappear from your life forever, even though they promised you'd always be together and elope to the Phillipines and have a private ceremony on the beach.

Bastards.
  • twelveways 7 May 2014 18:41:45 4,193 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Kitchen Nightmares with a bill?
  • TheMayorOfJugs 7 May 2014 18:44:58 4,530 posts
    Seen 23 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Ya I think so.

There's a company around here that will offer to merchandise your stuff in store, but tell you you have to pay for extensions and shelving and stuff, and they'll install it and lay it out nice, according to their expert sales knowledge. You can cut your costs by signing up to a supply contract with them, and their stuff will be overpriced, and delivery days are non negotiable and things like that.

Arseholes, well and truly, most of them. It's a good scam though.
  • twelveways 7 May 2014 18:54:10 4,193 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    They want to interview me about the future of children in China. Bit weird right? I thought it was an academic thing as I am a teacher but now I have checked their website I think otherwise.

What kind of fee do you think I should ask for?
  • CosmicFuzz 7 May 2014 18:56:29 25,637 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    At least 3 Chinese children I'd have thought.

Come listen to us discuss the Playstation Experience in Episode 11 of Open Source. zoolophage writes in!

• BeardedGamerUK 7 May 2014 18:59:15 1,630 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    BDaggers.
  • TheMayorOfJugs 7 May 2014 18:59:38 4,530 posts
    Seen 23 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Hahaha :D

Seems they're a bit different to the 'innovators' I'm used to.
    Do you know other teachers who have done anything similar?

Thats sounds bonkers.
  • CosmicFuzz 7 May 2014 19:06:16 25,637 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Sitting on the bus home and I think I have a xenomorph in my stomach. Either that or a big poo.

Come listen to us discuss the Playstation Experience in Episode 11 of Open Source. zoolophage writes in!

• twelveways 7 May 2014 19:17:18 4,193 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    A guy I used to work with put them on to me, he told me it was research for a 'book or something'. It's for a girl he knows.

I've emailed them asking for more info about what it is for and how my input will be used, as well as if I will be compensated
  • Psychotext 7 May 2014 19:30:30 55,032 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Dougs wrote:
    And that's fine if you're competing or something, but just your average bloke wanting to keep the weight off?
    Largely irrelevant on the whole, but who is to say she's not some sort of sportsperson or something. Yeah, I know.
  • sport 7 May 2014 19:42:16 12,811 posts
    Seen 52 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Psychotext wrote:
    Dougs wrote:
    Largely irrelevant on the whole, but who is to say she's not some sort of sportsperson or something. Yeah, I know.
    You should always be competing. If not professionally, then at least against the rest of the blokes in your department for the attention of Tracy from Accounts.
  • prawnking1980 7 May 2014 19:46:37 5,220 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Really think the dementia advert where they sing a song missed a trick by not doing Never Forget by Take That.
  • Psychotext 7 May 2014 20:08:47 55,032 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I think they're trying to distance themselves from the whole "dementia = memory problems" angle... given it really doesn't.
  • thelzdking 7 May 2014 20:48:34 4,413 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Some UKIP thing on Sky News right now. Farage is doing his best to make his party not look like they are mostly made up of a bunch of pre-deluge Tory racists by making sure that most of the people around him on stage are non-white.
  • TheMayorOfJugs 7 May 2014 20:51:46 4,530 posts
    Seen 23 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Psychotext wrote:
    I think they're trying to distance themselves from the whole "dementia = memory problems" angle... given it really doesn't.
    Exactly, play through the the dementia side of The Shivering Isles, it's more like depression and paranoia.
  • Mola_Ram 8 May 2014 03:23:23 8,289 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Not too get EG going on one of its long discussions of toilet etiquette again. But I'm at uni, gone to the bog, and someone has pissed on the seat. As in, the seat is down, and there are numerous yellow droplets of piss, right there on the seat.

I mean, what in the fuck. Do they really need to put a sign up there saying "please do not leave piss where other people are fucking going to be sitting"?!? Has it really come to this?
  • mrpon 8 May 2014 07:14:50 29,579 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    "at uni" - keywords here.

Give yourself 5 or gig, you're worth it.

• jablonski 8 May 2014 07:58:15 4,875 posts
    Seen 44 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Zomoniac wrote:
    jablonski wrote:
    MyFitnessPal.

I can't make dinner anymore without being grilled afterwards by my girlfriend about every tiny fucking ingredient that went in it.
    Surely she should be adding it as it's been made? I weigh and add each ingredient as it gets prepared, much easier.
    Oh yeah I'd love that - looking over my shoulder through the whole process
  • jablonski 8 May 2014 08:00:48 4,875 posts
    Seen 44 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Mola_Ram wrote:
    Not too get EG going on one of its long discussions of toilet etiquette again. But I'm at uni, gone to the bog, and someone has pissed on the seat. As in, the seat is down, and there are numerous yellow droplets of piss, right there on the seat.

I mean, what in the fuck. Do they really need to put a sign up there saying "please do not leave piss where other people are fucking going to be sitting"?!? Has it really come to this?
    This is an everyday problem if you use public toilets.

It's when the hoverers shit on the seat when I lose my temper
  • Bremenacht 8 May 2014 08:53:34 19,663 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    It's wall-plasterers I don't like. It's difficult to relax knowing all that is behind you.
  • Page

of 447 First / Last