Random Musings Page 16

• Page

of 409 First / Last

• sport 27 Feb 2013 10:19:17 12,776 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I'd rather save the animals - dey got dem cute widdle eyes, wid dem cute widdle cheeks!
  • Deleted user 27 February 2013 10:39:58
    I don't want to find a more appropriate thread. I just completed Far Cry 3, and that was easily, without a shadow of a doubt the best game of this generation. The gameplay, graphics and sound were exceptional, it managed the perfect balance between open world sandbox (best ever) and tight focused story. Above all though, this is the single best story telling I have experienced in a game in a very, very long time. Fuck me that was good. Really, really fucking good. Genuinely gutted it is over.
  • Trafford 27 Feb 2013 10:48:01 5,892 posts
    Seen 34 seconds ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I didn't realise you were so easily pleased Mowgs.
  • chopsen 27 Feb 2013 11:02:30 16,127 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I played if for a bit, and have left it and don't really feel strongly about going back. The open-world-ness works, but like some other Ubisoft (well Ass Creed) games it became a repeating series of set pieces too quickly for me. Climb the tower, take the base, kill some animals, repeat. Really enjoyed taking down bases, deciding which approach to take, etc, but it got rapidly samey.

Maybe significantly I found the story left me a bit cold, and found it a bit of an irritating distraction from the base taking. Possibly if I got more engaged with it I would have enjoyed it more. Which is odd, cos usually I get sucked in to even the most flimsy of game stories.
  • kinky_mong 27 Feb 2013 11:48:32 10,533 posts
    Seen 26 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    sport wrote:
    I'd rather save the animals - dey got dem cute widdle eyes, wid dem cute widdle cheeks!
    I can't help but read that in a patois voice.

All the eurogamers who actually play with each other on xbl rather than just post pseudointellectual pc handwringing bollocks on the forums, love the shit out of biggy.

• Anthony_UK 27 Feb 2013 15:51:15 2,515 posts
    Seen 55 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    America and Japan are seen as the two main markets for videogames, but sales wise how many games are sold in the UK compared the Japan?
  • Trafford 27 Feb 2013 16:20:05 5,892 posts
    Seen 34 seconds ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I hear more games are bought in Northampton than in Tokyo annually.
  • glo 27 Feb 2013 16:51:15 3,428 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    mowgli wrote:
    Above all though, this is the single best story telling I have experienced in a game in a very, very long time.
    I fully agree that Far Cry 3 is a great game in terms of gameplay, graphics, sound and sandbox BUT its storytelling isn't even as good as the previous entry in the series imho. The characters in particular are cliched stereotypes and pantomine villains. Although I will grant you that some of the voice performances are well done (e.g. Vaas)

If that is the best storytelling you have experienced in a game then you really need to play some better games.
  • ronuds 27 Feb 2013 17:16:35 21,788 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I thought the story was easily the worst part of the game. I couldn't wait for the cutscenes to end.
  • BillMurray 28 Feb 2013 15:52:20 7,813 posts
    Seen 31 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Do we have a gaming headset thread anywhere? After some thoughts on a pair for PC gaming but the search is useless, still.

Edited by BillMurray at 15:53:01 28-02-2013
  • ronuds 28 Feb 2013 16:02:49 21,788 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @BillMurray There are a few. I'm just pasting the search.

http://www.eurogamer.net/search.php?q=headphone&type=forum
  • BillMurray 28 Feb 2013 16:29:41 7,813 posts
    Seen 31 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @ronuds Muchos gracias. For some reason I didn't get half those results.
  • ronuds 28 Feb 2013 16:32:42 21,788 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    De nada
  • mal 28 Feb 2013 20:04:46 22,727 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Heh, just watched Abba perform Take a Chance on Me on retro ToTP (well, extra retro ToTP I guess, these days). I've never really thought about what the girls were singing until now.

'If you're all alone,
    And the pretty birds have flown,
    Baby I'm still free,
    Take a chance on me'

In other words 'if you've not pulled by the time last orders gets called, I'll be the munter who'll share your taxi home'

Bit harsh of Benny and Bjorn to make them sing that (especially as they were diddling the girls at the time) :D

Cubby didn't know how to turn off sigs!

• Rusty_M 28 Feb 2013 21:08:36 4,787 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    My gran, who was in hospital "recovering" from a broken hip, has fallen again and fractured her skull (bloody painful in my experience). They've moved her to a different hospital which is much harder to visit, and she's now more doolally than ever.

Would have loved to have her at my wedding next month, but that's pretty much impossible now.

Damn.

Sorry to depress-up the thread, but I kinda needed to post it somewhere.

The world is going mad. Me? I'm doing fine.

• skuzzbag 28 Feb 2013 21:39:01 5,653 posts
    Seen 32 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    The Walking Dead is much better if you skip past the emotional sections I find.
  • Load_2.0 28 Feb 2013 21:55:03 19,456 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Fozzie_bear wrote:
    MrTomFTW wrote:
    Not that one. The one that doesn't say that.
    The powers that be must have heard you.
  • Syrette 28 Feb 2013 21:56:24 43,860 posts
    Seen 53 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    mowgli wrote:
    I don't want to find a more appropriate thread. I just completed Far Cry 3, and that was easily, without a shadow of a doubt the best game of this generation. The gameplay, graphics and sound were exceptional, it managed the perfect balance between open world sandbox (best ever) and tight focused story. Above all though, this is the single best story telling I have experienced in a game in a very, very long time. Fuck me that was good. Really, really fucking good. Genuinely gutted it is over.
    Must have been playing a different game to me.

I thought it was merely very good, a proper 8/10 game. Not even on my top 10 of this gen. Plot and storytelling were decent, but like said above The Walking Dead alone is far better for that.

Then again you think Forza is terrible...

• Deleted user 28 February 2013 22:09:40
    I don't think Forza is terrible at all. But they all feel the bloody same so you have to be a bit empty to still be getting any fun from it now.

I actually forgot about my Far Cry 3 post so never responded to the above posts. It was the perfect game for me at the moment and I took it very slow. Played a story mission or two then went and took some bases or did some hunting missions. The story was perfect imo because of just how well written, acted and built up it was. There was the essential story element of saving your friends to keep you going. The way it handled the transformation and dance on (giving you the choice whether to cross) the line of saviour into retribution. There was an incredible amount of subtlety to the story that a lot of people here seem to have completely missed. Yes there was lots of explosions and theatrical bad guys, but there was so much more to the story than that. Which is why I believe it is some of the best story telling of this generation. I'm curious as to what people would offer as alternatives. (Walking Dead is an interactive show so hardly comparable).
  • RelaxedMikki 28 Feb 2013 22:13:45 937 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Sine Mora is better than Far Cry.

Anyway, "Be excellent to each other. And party on, dude." Is still the best moral, personal and political moral that I have ever heard.

My daughter has nits. I am really going to have to deal with that. My wife is away so I am going to have to deal with it on my own. I have some idea what I need to do, but I am not really a 'hair' person.
  • Rusty_M 28 Feb 2013 22:15:45 4,787 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Clippers
    Shortest setting
    Done

The world is going mad. Me? I'm doing fine.

• Syrette 28 Feb 2013 22:18:12 43,860 posts
    Seen 53 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Noticed a few (very minimal amount) grey hairs in the last week or so. I'm 26. This is normal, right?

At the moment you'd have to be looking very closely to see them (I have grade 2 short hair).

• RelaxedMikki 28 Feb 2013 22:18:52 937 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    How do I get rid of the 'Action Center"

It has appeared in the bottom right.

Windows 7.

Pain in the arse.

No 'close' option

Do you need a screen shot?
  • ronuds 28 Feb 2013 22:19:50 21,788 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    mowgli wrote:
    There was an incredible amount of subtlety to the story that a lot of people here seem to have completely missed.
    Which is to imply, of course, that if we hadn't missed the subtlety we would have loved the story as much as you.

Tbh, I didn't notice the subtlety because I stopped watching after 5 minutes, even though it tried forcing me to.
  • RelaxedMikki 28 Feb 2013 22:20:35 937 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Also, I can't be arsed re-booting.

I am now re-booting.
  • chopsen 28 Feb 2013 22:29:04 16,127 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Yeah, like I said above, this is the first game in a long while where the cut scenes seemed to actually get in the way. I normally love a bit of story, me. Nice bit of dialogue, put the controller down for a bit, have a sip of coffee. Maybe a biccie. Lovely. Uncharted 2 and the ME games (well, the second one) are among my favourite games this gen. In FC3 I really couldn't give a shit. You mileage, obviously, may vary.
  • RelaxedMikki 28 Feb 2013 22:31:05 937 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I tried re-booting

It's still there.

I don't want to Open Action Center

I want to Close Action Center

Please.
  • Deleted user 28 February 2013 22:32:18
    mowgli wrote:
    I don't like to swear but it was fucking shit.
  • ZuluHero 28 Feb 2013 22:35:12 4,213 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Pepsipop wrote:
    mowgli wrote:
    I don't like to swear but it was fucking shit hot!
    ;)

Edited by ZuluHero at 22:36:10 28-02-2013
  • Syrette 28 Feb 2013 22:36:07 43,860 posts
    Seen 53 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    ZuluHero wrote:
    Pepsipop wrote:
    mowgli wrote:
    I don't like to swear but it was fucking shit cunt twat

• Page

of 409 First / Last