Random Musings Page 118

• Page

of 336 First / Last

• Salaman 27 Aug 2013 18:16:21 18,854 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Just had a look at the prequel comic on their website. Looks interesting.

To reduce first-psot-of-page confusedness:
    http://www.theastronauts.com/comic/

Edited by Salaman at 18:17:05 27-08-2013
  • cheeky_prawnking 27 Aug 2013 22:08:00 4,256 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Where has Gail platt gone?
  • Anthony_UK 28 Aug 2013 22:21:10 2,459 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    A genuinely frightening thought for me personally, possibly brought on by the business in Syria and what were being dragged into this time round.

The thought being, we always like to make fun of and insult our politicians for being corrupt and just being genuinely incompetent. But whether it be budgets or the decision to bomb a country into oblivion, I find it a little mind blowing that the ultimate decision falls to one of these people.
  • Megapocalypse 28 Aug 2013 22:25:33 5,309 posts
    Seen 57 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    The vast majority are highly educated, very intelligent people who know exactly what they are doing. Its just that what they do tends to be primarily for themselves. We're an afterthought and should be grateful about it.
  • ronuds 28 Aug 2013 22:28:30 21,788 posts
    Seen 11 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Who would you propose make these decisions instead?
  • Anthony_UK 28 Aug 2013 22:43:27 2,459 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @Megapocalypse

This is most likely true, maybe it's more my perception than anything. I don't actually propose a anything, I'm not even saying this is wrong. Perhaps I am sceptical in some of these politicians have the knowledge to say for example, make sweeping changes through the NHS. More than anything, I just find it a little mind blowing to think that such a small number of people have so much influence and control over our daily lives.
  • ronuds 28 Aug 2013 22:50:11 21,788 posts
    Seen 11 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Ultimately they're all slaves to "groups" and big business. Whoever pays the bills and gives them the votes. They might sound as if they're making decisions on their own, but there's always a hand up their arse controlling them like a puppet.
  • purplemonkeybrains 30 Aug 2013 12:24:46 44 posts
    Seen 11 months ago
    Registered 11 months ago
    Right this has been bugging me for weeks and weeks... and weeks. I need the Eurogamer collective hive-mind to reveal the knowledge I seek.

I remember this song in a film ending, but it may not even have been a film or I possibly even dreamt it altogether considering the number of blank stares and "dunnos" I've had in my quest to discover what this film is with that song at the end with all the cast dancing erm like backwards?

The closest I found was 500 days of summer shown in the song link but it's not that one.

If anyone knows what film I'm even remotely wittering on about, you'll be an eternal lifesaver and God of film knowledge and wisdom... or something. F_S

Edited by purplemonkeybrains at 12:25:46 30-08-2013
  • mrpon 30 Aug 2013 12:27:09 28,416 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    "It has been featured in the television shows King of the Hill, Saturday Night Live, Glee, The Office, Cupid, and Rookie Blue, as well as the films Step Brothers, the documentary My Date With Drew, Dumb and Dumberer, and The Wedding Singer. The song was featured prominently in the popular Sundance film (500) Days of Summer and in the medical drama Private Practice."

Give yourself 5 or gig, you're worth it.

• cubbymoore 30 Aug 2013 12:28:19 36,468 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/You_Make_My_Dreams
  • mrpon 30 Aug 2013 12:29:51 28,416 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    36,000th post and it was a snooze you lose one.

Congrats.

Give yourself 5 or gig, you're worth it.

• MrTomFTW Moderator 30 Aug 2013 12:30:16 37,302 posts
    Seen 22 seconds ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Well I sent this video to you weeks ago - I bet that's what did it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1ks00HF1CM

Follow me on Twitter: @MrTom
    Voted by the community "Best mod" 2011, 2012 and 2013.

• purplemonkeybrains 30 Aug 2013 12:34:39 44 posts
    Seen 11 months ago
    Registered 11 months ago
    Please don't let it be Glee.

o_O
  • cubbymoore 30 Aug 2013 12:38:34 36,468 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    mrpon wrote:
    36,000th post and it was a snooze you lose one.

Congrats.
    I'm past celebrating these milestones. They only serve as a reminder of a severe amount of time wasted.

WOOO 36,000!
  • Psychotext 30 Aug 2013 13:28:54 53,785 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Ha, apparently I missed my 50k...

Jesus wept.
  • Kanjin 30 Aug 2013 15:32:11 1,051 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Say 10 words per post on average. That's 500,000 words on this forum over the last seven years?
  • Deleted user 30 August 2013 16:05:34
    I love my toys/gadgets. I've owned most of the tablets on the market and at least played about with the rest enough to form an opinion. I also very much love Apple's way of doing things. Design, build and user experience are the top of my list when it comes to these gadgets and they should be at the top of everyone's list tbh. For those reasons i generally fucking detest Windows and everything it has ever been. Awful OS, buggy, easily breaches etc. Awful experience. So with this laid out i feel i have to point out that the Windows Surface RT is the best tablet o have ever owned. Superb build quality and design, good user experience and OS. It is brilliant. I hate it when people complain about reviews, there is no such thing as an objective review, it is someone giving their experience of a device, that is all. But i just can't get over the feeling that this has been treated immensely unfairly by reviewers. Maybe it was shit and updates have sorted out various problems but even reading back some of the reviews it just feels unfair. Criticisms that i was also guilty of after a quick play such as the useless desktop are actually a bit unfair now. The desktop mode is brilliant when you have it set up like a laptop with the keyboard as it is easier to use with the trackpad. It also allows for file management and advanced customisation/options. I always liked the philosophy MS were adopting with the surface rt (as opposed to full windows) but was concerned they would fuck it up in typical fashion but i think they have nailed it with this. It has fluid and precise touch controls with good touch shortcuts, the browser is good and complete which makes up fr a lack of apps and the built in office and desktop mode really does turn it into an instant workstation. This is a brilliant tablet and really needs to do better than it is.

Yes there is a better thread for this but care.
  • Deleted user 30 August 2013 16:07:04
    Paragraphs please.
  • Psychotext 30 Aug 2013 16:10:09 53,785 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Just imagine JTN's word count at 50k posts.
  • Deleted user 30 August 2013 16:12:15
    meme wrote:
    Paragraphs please.
    Is this another one of your la-di-da fancy writer things.
  • billythekid 30 Aug 2013 16:27:19 11,013 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Paragraphs would actually make it possible to read. Assuming you wrote it with the intentions of others reading it.
  • Deckard1 30 Aug 2013 16:43:39 27,069 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    If it makes you feel better I still probably wouldn't have read it.
  • Load_2.0 30 Aug 2013 17:21:06 18,861 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Plus his sister doesn't feature once. Not even the slightest mention of her tits.
  • cubbymoore 30 Aug 2013 17:41:57 36,468 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    mowgli wrote:
    I love my toys/gadgets. I've owned most of the tablets on the market and at least played about with the rest enough to form an opinion. I also very much love Apple's way of doing things. Design, build and user experience are the top of my list when it comes to these gadgets and they should be at the top of everyone's list tbh. For those reasons i generally fucking detest Windows and everything it has ever been. Awful OS, buggy, easily breaches etc. Awful experience. So with this laid out i feel i have to point out that the Windows Surface RT is the best tablet o have ever owned. Superb build quality and design, good user experience and OS. It is brilliant. I hate it when people complain about reviews, there is no such thing as an objective review, it is someone giving their experience of a device, that is all. But i just can't get over the feeling that this has been treated immensely unfairly by reviewers. Maybe it was shit and updates have sorted out various problems but even reading back some of the reviews it just feels unfair. Criticisms that i was also guilty of after a quick play such as the useless desktop are actually a bit unfair now. The desktop mode is brilliant when you have it set up like a laptop with the keyboard as it is easier to use with the trackpad. It also allows for file management and advanced customisation/options. I always liked the philosophy MS were adopting with the surface rt (as opposed to full windows) but was concerned they would fuck it up in typical fashion but i think they have nailed it with this. It has fluid and precise touch controls with good touch shortcuts, the browser is good and complete which makes up fr a lack of apps and the built in office and desktop mode really does turn it into an instant workstation. This is a brilliant tablet and really needs to do better than it is.

Yes there is a better thread for this but care.
    Did you hit your head on the keyboard again?
  • Deckard1 30 Aug 2013 17:44:07 27,069 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago

Looks like it
  • mal 30 Aug 2013 17:50:54 22,332 posts
    Seen 21 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I like how Mowgli's megapost comes directly after Kanjin estimating PT's average word count per post as 10.

Cubby didn't know how to turn off sigs!

• Deleted user 30 August 2013 17:55:01
    I honestly didn't realise it was that long when i typed it. But it is hardly an interesting post so there is little point in going back and fixing it. Glad it gave deckard and load some hilarious material.
  • bitch_tits_zero_nine 30 Aug 2013 18:01:57 6,654 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I thought it reviewed ok. Expensive though.
  • mal 30 Aug 2013 18:45:53 22,332 posts
    Seen 21 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I think everyone was pissed off it wouldn't run Windows apps when it first came out, despite MS claiming it would have compatiblity practically until the day it released.

Cubby didn't know how to turn off sigs!

• purplemonkeybrains 30 Aug 2013 18:57:23 44 posts
    Seen 11 months ago
    Registered 11 months ago
    I'm looking forward to Richard Ayoade's Gadget Man series starting Monday on Ch4. I need a new tv programme to watch. Choccywoccydoodah omnibus telly marathons just aren't doing it for me much anymore.

Edit: Cool = when did we get a in-forum spell checker?
    Bad = google forum search and the opening in new window :'(

Edited by purplemonkeybrains at 19:01:26 30-08-2013
  • Page

of 336 First / Last