I despair of humanity...

• Page

of 2 First / Last

Previous
  • boo 4 Feb 2013 09:35:56 11,735 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I saw this on The Daily Mash this morning and had a chuckle, assuming it was one of those stories they just made up when it was a slow news day, rather than basing it on actual events.

Then I thought 'I'll just check...'

Hang your heads in shame, everyone who listens to 6 Music.

I assume everybody at the station has nipped off to shoot themselves...

Edited by boo at 09:37:10 04-02-2013

Just Another Lego Blog

• Dirtbox 4 Feb 2013 09:39:32 77,656 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Well that's okay because no one listens to 6 music.

+1 / Like / Tweet this post

• elstoof 4 Feb 2013 09:40:27 6,951 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Inoffensive toss always wins out in these sort of polls, I'm surprised Dido didn't win it.
  • RedSparrows 4 Feb 2013 09:41:48 22,241 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I like 6 Music. It's unfortunately caught in that odd world where it really does try and play a diverse range of music, and stuff you'd not normally hear (Godspeed from Maida Vale, etc) and certainly trounces any station like Heart or Radio 1 in terms of 'music variety', to ape Heart's excruciating proclamation.

But on the other side it cannot do everything, and overplays some things and goes nuts about others in a way that makes little sense, and has listeners who think Clocks is better than all those other songs. Shame. I reckon the DJs didn't want Clocks, even though it's a perfectly nice song.

But still, I like the station.

Edited by RedSparrows at 09:42:25 04-02-2013
  • kalel 4 Feb 2013 09:42:14 86,810 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Who are Coldplay?
  • nickthegun 4 Feb 2013 09:42:55 59,365 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    The top ten is pure Radio 2, as expected, but the biggest injustice is that the solitary primal scream song on there is country girl.

Fuck you listeners of radio 6.

EDIT: Forget that, I just read the actual scope of the chart.

Edited by nickthegun at 09:46:51 04-02-2013

---------------------------------------------------------
    He totally called it

• dominalien 4 Feb 2013 09:45:30 6,848 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Music is a touchy subject. You live your life surrounded by people who listen to Nirvana and Faith No More and then you find out practically no-one listens to this kind of stuff.

This is the most popular song in my country right now. I think the message will not be lost on you even if you don't understand what the guy is singing about.

PSN: DonOsito

• elstoof 4 Feb 2013 09:47:33 6,951 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    nickthegun wrote:
    The top ten is pure Radio 2, as expected, but the biggest injustice is that the solitary primal scream song on there is country girl.

It's the best song of the last 10 years, Primal Scream haven't done much other than Country Girl have they?
  • sport 4 Feb 2013 09:50:37 12,677 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    elstoof wrote:
    nickthegun wrote:

It's the best song of the last 10 years, Primal Scream haven't done much other than Country Girl have they?
    It's a pretty rubbish song too :-P
  • elstoof 4 Feb 2013 09:51:42 6,951 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Yeah, it's hardly Clocks is it.
  • Deleted user 4 February 2013 09:55:28
    Dirtbox wrote:
    Seriously though, has anyone here met someone that admitted to listening to 6 Music? The person that said here that he likes the channel doesn't count :D
  • andytheadequate 4 Feb 2013 09:58:59 8,111 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Top 100 indie songs of the last 10 years. What an utterly dull list, I thought they were meant to like a diverse range of music?
  • sport 4 Feb 2013 09:59:16 12,677 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    elstoof wrote:
    Yeah, it's hardly Clocks is it.
    Yooooouuuuuuuuuuuuuu........are
  • Alastair 4 Feb 2013 09:59:54 15,569 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I have listened to several 6Music podcasts - Adam&Joe and John Richardson, but never to the actual station.
    I prefer Absolute 90s. I'm sure that will say a lot about something to some people.

Not as nice as I used to be

• AccidentProne 4 Feb 2013 10:00:20 1,159 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Dogme wrote:
    Dirtbox wrote:
    Seriously though, has anyone here met someone that admitted to listening to 6 Music? The person that said here that he likes the channel doesn't count :D
    Yeah, it's pretty much the only music station I listen to. Quite a lot of my friends and colleagues listen to it as well.

With the exception of Clocks and a few other tracks, I don't think that's too bad a list personally.

/hangs head in shame
  • jellyhead 4 Feb 2013 10:00:26 24,350 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @dominalien Ahhhh, god bless eurotrash! We do love our nasty pop songs and i have to say, that one is a gem. Thankfully the English Channel helps keep most of that stuff away from me apart from when Eurovision is on! :)

/ listens to madrugada to take the taint away

This signature intentionally left blank.

• Chopsen 4 Feb 2013 10:03:07 15,834 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Me and the wife both listen to it.

No I haven't met anyone IRL that listens to it, but I have also not met anyone who even knows about let alone seen Breaking Bad, who plays videogames, or has built their own PC, amongst other things.

Normal people: they're not like us.
  • warlockuk 4 Feb 2013 10:06:26 19,142 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    90% of that list is music for people who don't like music. Why was Radio 6 saved, again?

I'm a grumpy bastard.

• Dirtbox 4 Feb 2013 10:07:14 77,656 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Really? You need to start making new circles of friends.

+1 / Like / Tweet this post

• Mola_Ram 4 Feb 2013 10:08:59 7,154 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    The number of people I have recommended Breaking Bad to...

Conversation with parents:

"No, seriously, it's the best thing ever"

"Oh, I don't know, maybe after The Bill, if I'm still awake"

"THE BILL HAS FINISHED! IT'S A RERUN! WATCH BREAKING BAD"
  • Chopsen 4 Feb 2013 10:10:02 15,834 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Well, ok, I know some people who play videogames. Actually, [s]2[/s] 3 people. And mostly they don't do it any more because they don't have time.

With regards to people I know from work, my frame of reference for most things means I might as well not be speaking the same language as them.

Edited by Chopsen at 10:11:00 04-02-2013
  • kinky_mong 4 Feb 2013 10:10:22 10,107 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    It's the station we always have on at work, and it's definitely better than most other possible stations. It does however have the problem of only sparingly playing great old songs, yet playing the same song by some "hot-right-now" utter shit merchants like Everything Everything or Jake Bugg every two hours.

That list is pretty woeful as well, what gets my ire most is that the only Black Keys song that got in was fucking Lonely Boy!

I'll never get my Orc looking the same again.

• nickthegun 4 Feb 2013 10:11:17 59,365 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    warlockuk wrote:
    90% of that list is music for people who don't like music. Why was Radio 6 saved, again?
    Because its Radio 2 for people who think Radio 2 is for squares.

He totally called it

• Alastair 4 Feb 2013 10:12:21 15,569 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    kinky_mong wrote:
    yet playing the same song by some "hot-right-now" utter shit merchants like Everything Everything or Jake Bugg every two hours.

It's things like this that make me prefer Absolute radio and their 'no repeat guarantee', despite the commercials. Of course, the no repeat guarantee only means for that day, so they play all the same songs each day, but only once per day.

Not as nice as I used to be

• Deleted user 4 February 2013 10:12:22
    its pretty much the only station i listen too as well. Red Sparrows assesment is pretty much spot on.

Overplays some shit, but its pratically the only station that has ever played frank zappa soo.. Get past laurene laverne and its a pretty good station.
  • sport 4 Feb 2013 10:12:58 12,677 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    If I hate Bliffy Cairo, should I listen to Radio 1, 2 or 6?
  • nickthegun 4 Feb 2013 10:14:26 59,365 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    You should burn your radio and pray to its ashes.

He totally called it

• kinky_mong 4 Feb 2013 10:15:02 10,107 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Chopsen wrote:
    No I haven't met anyone IRL that listens to it, but I have also not met anyone who even knows about let alone seen Breaking Bad, who plays videogames, or has built their own PC, amongst other things.
    That's probably because you don't frequent random basements that reak of doritos and seamen stained tissues.

• kinky_mong 4 Feb 2013 10:16:17 10,107 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    sport wrote:
    If I hate Bliffy Cairo, should I listen to Radio 1, 2 or 6?
    6 never play Biffy Clyro as far as I'm aware, which is something else that it has going for it.

• Dougs 4 Feb 2013 10:16:32 67,031 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Alastair wrote:

It's things like this that make me prefer Absolute radio and their 'no repeat guarantee', despite the commercials. Of course, the no repeat guarantee only means for that day, so they play all the same songs each day, but only once per day.
    Not to mention in the shows either side of the "no repeat guarantee". Still, in general I don't mind it. Used to be a solid XFM listener but I think I'm getting old.
  • Page

of 2 First / Last

Previous