Searching for an old rpg for the pc - late nineties?

• Page

of 1

Previous Next
  • skit_samma 2 Feb 2013 14:56:09 3 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Hi!

Memories are a little blurry, but here are some things I remember:

Was a little like Dink Smallwood. Action RPG with one character (at least one in the beginning).

It started out in a city with lions. Living lions, lion statues etc.

One of the first things outside was a desert. It was possible to light fires to scare enemies away (scorpions). It was possible to sleep too. Sometimes a Donkey showed up and started talking. It was possible to answer via a 1/2/3/4 etc options menu. Like Fallout.

Got it via a demo CD somewhere around the late nineties, and I believe that the perspective of the camera was a little like this: http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Dink_Smallwood_hellfire.jpg

Have been looking for this a very long time but never found it. If someone could help me out, I'd be very grateful!

Also, does anyone know about a ps1-rpg that takes place in sewers etc, I believe in modern time? A mix of horror and rpg. Not parasite eve, vagrant story or silent hill (not even a rpg!:))

Best wishes!
  • dominalien 2 Feb 2013 14:57:16 7,065 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Quest for Glory 3

PSN: DonOsito

• Tonka 2 Feb 2013 14:58:43 21,339 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Enemy Mine?

If you can read this you really need to fiddle with your forum settings.

• dominalien 2 Feb 2013 15:01:16 7,065 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Oh, and your link is crap.

As for the RPG, Koudelka? Or Shadow Hearts, though that's for ps2.

• Triggerhappytel 2 Feb 2013 15:11:49 2,695 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    For some reason I want to say Silver. Never played it, but always wanted to. Don't know how much of a true rpg it was though.

No idea about the PS1 game though.
  • skit_samma 2 Feb 2013 15:12:21 3 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Wonderful! It was Quest for Glory 3. Recognized it as soon as I saw it. After all these years I'll finally get to play it again! Thanks!:D

The rpg was not the one, but nvm, I don't even know if it exists. A friend told me about it way back. Most important thing is that Quest for Glory 3 is found!
  • skit_samma 2 Feb 2013 15:13:10 3 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Triggerhappytel: Silver was an awesome game. Search youtube for the soundtrack - it's still good!
  • dominalien 2 Feb 2013 15:22:47 7,065 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    skit_samma wrote:
    Wonderful! It was Quest for Glory 3. Recognized it as soon as I saw it. After all these years I'll finally get to play it again! Thanks!:D

The rpg was not the one, but nvm, I don't even know if it exists. A friend told me about it way back. Most important thing is that Quest for Glory 3 is found!
    Get all five games for pennies from GOG. They're all excellent, with arguably part 2 being the best. It hasn't, as far as I know, been remade in VGA, though, so it still comes with EGA graphics and the older Sierra interface (typing commands to interact with stuff, gasp). QfG1 is remade in VGA and highly playable.

By the way, there is a QfG2 remake and it is glorious. Highly recommended. :-)

Edited by dominalien at 13:17:54 16-08-2013

• drhcnip 2 Feb 2013 15:34:16 2,643 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Triggerhappytel wrote:
    For some reason I want to say Silver. Never played it, but always wanted to. Don't know how much of a true rpg it was though.

No idea about the PS1 game though.
    Funnily enough, that was my first thought when I read the post...silver was a great game
  • drhcnip 2 Feb 2013 15:36:15 2,643 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Very few ps1rpgs I can think of set in modern times....koudelka was my first thought as well...not nightmare creatures or something more actiony like that?
  • Tonka 2 Feb 2013 16:07:57 21,339 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Reads Wikipedia entry. So that's what happened to heroes quest.

Edited by Tonka at 16:08:14 02-02-2013

• dominalien 2 Feb 2013 16:32:40 7,065 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Yeah, it was Hero's Quest at first. Good times.

• Tonka 2 Feb 2013 17:57:39 21,339 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    The game that taught me how to grind. I climbed that dammed tee a gazillion times.

• Page

of 1

Previous Next