House of Cards Page 7

• Page

of 7 First / Last

Next
  • Mola_Ram 16 Mar 2014 10:09:54 7,397 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Don't get me wrong. I'm not against the concept of product placement, particularly in this case. I just find it funny, that's all. :)
  • L0cky 16 Mar 2014 11:58:59 1,528 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Strange product placement if that's the case. Microsoft then Apple then HTC/Google, followed up by BlackBerry.

Frank even switched his Xbox for a PlayStation iirc.
  • Mola_Ram 16 Mar 2014 12:49:36 7,397 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Well, in the second episode, Stella Artois gets not-so-subtly namedropped, when two characters are apparently having beers in this guy's office, in the middle of the day. You could almost see the actors resisting the urge to turn the labels towards the camera.

Again, I don't find it particularly objectionable. It's just a little weird how obvious it is.
  • DugBriderider 2 Jul 2014 09:45:27 528 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    TarickStonefire wrote:

Will probably watch Season 3 when it happens just because of the main guy's performance (forgot his name!) but plot-wise, meh.
    Really! there are 26 episodes of mostly Kevin Spacey as Frank Underwood plus 7 pages of it here, I get the impression you weren't paying attention.

Just finished myself and enjoyed it a lot, I am old enought to just remember the BBC version so there are no big surprises apart from When I shouted at the TV "Meechum Nooooo!" and had to turn away at the vile 2 way seduction
  • Dougs 17 Jul 2014 12:05:55 67,727 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    That was outstanding. Enjoyed S2 way more than the 1st, but as Psycho says, there was lots to set up, characters to develop. I also now have a bit of a love thing for the actress that plays Jackie Sharp.
  • faux_carnation 17 Jul 2014 12:38:58 9,338 posts
    Seen 32 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Dougs wrote:
    That was outstanding. Enjoyed S2 way more than the 1st, but as Psycho says, there was lots to set up, characters to develop. I also now have a bit of a love thing for the actress that plays Jackie Sharp.
    Yeah she's great. You should get on Deadwood if you haven't already.
  • Dougs 17 Jul 2014 12:59:13 67,727 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I've seen the first half a dozen episodes but it's not my wife's favourite genre, so we gave up a bit. Do need to check it out again,
  • mattk84 17 Jul 2014 12:59:21 473 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Once this is done I intend to watch the English original to see how it compares.

PSN ID IMrAndersonI

• Bremenacht 18 Jul 2014 00:03:43 18,275 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Urquhart or Underwood.
  • TheRealBadabing 18 Jul 2014 00:11:40 1,312 posts
    Seen 56 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Series 1 of the BBC version is amazing but the next two have aged badly.

The US version seems to have maintained the quality throughout but Underwood at his best would never be a match for series 1 Urquhart.
  • thefilthandthefury 13 Aug 2014 09:59:32 25,020 posts
    Seen 59 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Just started watching this last night and really enjoyed the first episode. I wasn't sure what to expect but it set up the plot very well and Spacey is always great.

I'm not sure if I was supposed to or not, but I kept cracking up at the wee little glances he keeps giving the camera.
  • geeza2020 19 Aug 2014 13:17:34 1,887 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Just finished the 2nd series of this and I'm completely obsessed with Spacey's Frank Underwood. He's just superb. There are weaknesses in the show with so many threads which don't always end in a satisfactory way (Hammerschmidt? Wasn't he supposed to be following up on Lewis's suspicions? He got one interview with Frank, and we never see him again...) but Spacey is just a privilege to watch. Felt sorry for the president, which us something I never thought I would think or write. Roll on series 3!
  • craigy Staff 28 Aug 2014 11:59:32 7,658 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Cool deconstruction of the House of Cards theme tune here:
    http://songexploder.net/episode-7-jeff-beal/
  • FrostPan 13 Sep 2014 14:51:13 205 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Season 1: 9/10
    Season 2: 8/10

Massive spoilers within the spoiler tags for both series.

Watched this recently, brilliant show. Didn't know what to expect really, but from watching the first episode it's been gripping. Love the Frank Underwood character and how dark and twisted his character is.
    Killing off Russo was one thing, but pushing off Zoe in front of the train was a shocker for me. Love how he hardly ever mentions her again :D
    I love how Frank's wife is also twisted and as devious as him.

The forth wall of Frank talking is excellent - tons of amazing quotes and insights of his thoughts and motivations.
    Series 1 was consistently excellent, series 2 was great but the whole Doug/Rachel, Lucas and the hacker's plot lines were really irritating to watch at times, some of it were just not needed at all.

Season 3 for next year I definitely look forward to.

Edited by FrostPan at 14:54:06 13-09-2014
  • Page

of 7 First / Last

Next