Silent Hill Collection, Skyrim & Bayonetta

• Page

of 1

Previous Next
  • Britler 1 Feb 2013 14:49:58 4 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    So did all the patches and whatnot eventually make the Silent Hill Collection not awful? I gave up on it when it first came out didn't really follow the patches and their results, so, how did it turn out?

Also, same question re: Skyrim on PS3. At this point I may aswell wait for a GotY edition or whatever, but I still need to know how bad that save-file-size thing is now, 'cause I know I'll end up putting 100+ hours into it if I put in 5.

And finally, Bayonetta is still terrible on PS3, yes? Most of the whining about PS3 versions of multiplat games is just nerdrage hysterics, but Skyrim and Bayonetta seem to be genuine problems. Crossing my fingers for a WiiU port of Bayonetta at some point, 'cause it sounds like I'd love it and its sequel, and I hate jumping into series midway through.
  • santashi 1 Feb 2013 14:55:42 5,166 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I've put over 100 hours into Skyrim and the file size is fine for me. No idea if it's still a problem for anyone else though.

PSN ID: finn1
    3DS: 3497-0005-6756

• King_Edward 1 Feb 2013 15:00:57 11,455 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    The Bayonetta patch and install option make it playable and a lot of fun. It's still a lot uglier and in particular blurrier than the 360 version.
  • oldschoolsoviet 1 Feb 2013 15:11:20 5,503 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Skyrim is pretty much fine these days. Most bugs are Skyrim rather than PS3 related.

Of course, the upcoming launch of the DLCs will probably start a whole new range of problems. La-la-la-la......

/is levelling a character in anticipation
  • Cappy 1 Feb 2013 15:14:53 12,030 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I couldn't take Bayonetta, even with the patch the loading is slightly less of a pain and the constant variation in frame rate caused a really unpleasant judder whenever the camera moved. On top of the screen tearing it was too much for my eyes to take, it was actually painful.

Bayonetta should have been a V-synched 30FPS game, Platinum's engine just wasn't up to delivering 60 on either platform without really horrible performance dips and severe tearing.

I don't know about Skyrim, but the GOTY Edition of Fallout 3 became absolutely unplayable due to lockups and slide show frame rates after my save file broke the 10MB mark.
  • drhcnip 1 Feb 2013 17:20:46 2,536 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I had no probs with the silent hill had collection, apart from the shoddy water on Toluca lake....
  • drhcnip 1 Feb 2013 17:20:48 2,536 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I had no probs with the silent hill had collection, apart from the shoddy water on Toluca lake....
  • King_Edward 1 Feb 2013 17:25:41 11,455 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I had no problem with SH2. SH3 juddered a lot and crashed a few times too for me.
  • Deleted user 8 February 2013 12:59:19
    Skyrim still lags like a mother when in caves / during a fight. Don't know if that's because my PS3 was on it's way out. Will try on the replacement.
  • Page

of 1

Previous Next