Real Life: The Game Page 2

  • Page

    of 2 First / Last

    Next
  • Deleted user 1 February 2013 16:00:40
    Yes. It's genuine. I think I stopped hoping for mankind once Visual Studio and SAP got achievements.
  • Bremenacht 1 Feb 2013 16:05:00 18,721 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    It's not taken off in the UK, yet. Is it growing prevalent in the US? I've read that studies have been made of Farmville and the like, hoping to increase productivity with high-scores.

    Sounds like something a modern Nazi would come up with.
  • ZuluHero 1 Feb 2013 16:06:47 4,201 posts
    Seen 23 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    MrTomFTW wrote:
    How far can you get from the toilet bowl without getting any piss on the rim?

    One to play at work.
    I play that one every morning ;)
  • whatfruit 1 Feb 2013 16:12:53 1,608 posts
    Seen 35 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @ZuluHero Why are you winking at him. Do you wish him to think of you next time he is holding his johnson.

    In regards to boo's game for making eye contact when walking along. If see someone on a collsion course with me on their phone, I like to shout and jump towards them as they reach the point of impact. +10 points if they drop their phone.

    bobomb wrote:
    so it's not really on her terms, it's on his terms, because she isn't real.

  • Deleted user 1 February 2013 16:22:18
    It has taken off in the UK. I experienced it myself once, and have a few mates with similar experiences. They're the new form of "team building exercises" where you had to make chairs out of straws and all sorts of shit, only they're constant and are in danger of becoming a genuine performance measure.

    "Hey, Jim, we know you put in some overtime last month to finish off the project on time, but we're giving the promotion to Dave."
    "Why?"
    "He has more achievements than you. If you rode your bike to work every day for a week or made more than three tea-runs in a single day then it would help for the next review."
    "Fuck off."
  • Lexx87 1 Feb 2013 16:25:42 20,863 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @meme levelled up

    Speak the truth hussy!

  • MetalDog 1 Feb 2013 16:27:13 23,735 posts
    Seen 25 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Gamification from middle management is pretty much inevitably going to be arse, but that shouldn't stop anyone from playing Bullshit Bingo.

    -- boobs do nothing for me, I want moustaches and chest hair.

  • mcmothercruncher 1 Feb 2013 16:29:39 7,216 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    The eye contact thing really does work (93.6 % of the time). I went on a pain management course years back and one of the things they taught, given some of the people there were disabled and/or generally on the back foot in life, was assertive walking.
    It's amazing how, if you walk with your head up and systematically catch people's eyes as they come toward you, they feel compelled to move aside. If it's a group of lads, say, just neutrally catch their gaze and hold it for half a second and then move on through them... nine times out of ten they magically part*. It must be reptile-brain level shit.

    * Might not work in Glasgow.
  • quadfather 1 Feb 2013 16:56:06 12,898 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    boo wrote:
    Obviously doesn't work for people walking with their head down looking at their phone, but I'm pretty sure it's legal to just push them into oncoming traffic.
    :D

    psn quaddy456, Dark Souls tips

  • cubbymoore 1 Feb 2013 19:19:08 36,501 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    All of my games are just a pathetic cover for my ocd.
  • cubbymoore 1 Feb 2013 19:30:54 36,501 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    mcmothercruncher wrote:
    The eye contact thing really does work (93.6 % of the time). I went on a pain management course years back and one of the things they taught, given some of the people there were disabled and/or generally on the back foot in life, was assertive walking.
    It's amazing how, if you walk with your head up and systematically catch people's eyes as they come toward you, they feel compelled to move aside. If it's a group of lads, say, just neutrally catch their gaze and hold it for half a second and then move on through them... nine times out of ten they magically part*. It must be reptile-brain level shit.

    * Might not work in Glasgow.
    The 1 out of 10 people are obviously other gamers and should be given a quick nod of appreciation.
  • OmniaVincitAmor 1 Feb 2013 19:36:34 1,557 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    mrpon wrote:
    Petrol pump has to be stopped on a whole figure.
    So this. If not the rest of the day is a write off.

    Defeat is not getting knocked down, but refusing to get back up.

  • Grunk 1 Feb 2013 19:38:48 4,718 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    ZuluHero wrote:
    MrTomFTW wrote:
    How far can you get from the toilet bowl without getting any piss on the rim?

    One to play at work.
    I play that one every morning ;)
    I do it with poo
  • onestepfromlost 1 Feb 2013 20:18:27 2,083 posts
    Seen 22 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    cubbymoore wrote:
    mcmothercruncher wrote:
    The eye contact thing really does work (93.6 % of the time). I went on a pain management course years back and one of the things they taught, given some of the people there were disabled and/or generally on the back foot in life, was assertive walking.
    It's amazing how, if you walk with your head up and systematically catch people's eyes as they come toward you, they feel compelled to move aside. If it's a group of lads, say, just neutrally catch their gaze and hold it for half a second and then move on through them... nine times out of ten they magically part*. It must be reptile-brain level shit.

    * Might not work in Glasgow.
    The 1 out of 10 people are obviously other gamers and should be given a quick nod of appreciation.
    Or his spoilers tag person. Be very careful and know the difference
  • Stickman 1 Feb 2013 21:47:11 29,666 posts
    Seen 4 weeks ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    graysonavich wrote:
    Isn't this a bit insulting to people who deal with this kind of stuff on an all too regular basis?
    I'd happily wash your hands as many times as necessary.

    THIS SPACE FOR RENT

  • Page

    of 2 First / Last

    Next
Log in or register to reply