The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker Wii U

• Page

of 25 First / Last

Previous
  • Oceanstar 31 Jan 2013 17:08:07 114 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Thought I'd start a thread on this game.

I've loved the Gamcecube's version and the art style is fantastic even by today's standard.

My only fear is that Nintendo will not support the Pro Controller just like they did with NSMB Wii U...

Announcement video here:

NNID: Oceanstar

• CharlieStCloud 31 Jan 2013 17:15:02 5,202 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I did not think it was humanly possible however, I think it looks worse than the original, especially the characters.

It looks like a day-glo cartoon ... and not in a good way.

: (
  • NOSAVIOUR 31 Jan 2013 18:35:36 2,804 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Be great to see this moving. I can see them changing the characters of this before release as there's been an uproar already and they won't want to piss off the fans. But until you see it motion it's hard to judge how good or bad the new style is so ill reserve judgement.
  • jellyhead 31 Jan 2013 19:11:56 24,350 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Still my favourite Zelda game. I loved the artstyle and the little animation details it allowed. The creatures dissolving into smoke and skulls for example and the music cheers me up to this day.

The new Wind Waker look is a result of them playing with shaders and other effects so i'm sure it's not set in stone and they'll be tweaking it for a while yet. I'm onboard though even if they don't tone down the sodding BLOOM!

Gamepad for tinglecam is a no-brainer and hopefully they'll tweak the dungeons and add in the fabled missing ones and tone down the Triforce quest as a result.

I can't wait to see what's ahead.

This signature intentionally left blank.

• Syrette 31 Jan 2013 20:06:00 43,528 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Utterly uninspiring.

• Cappy 31 Jan 2013 20:17:33 11,943 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    The original game heavily used a filter effect to fake depth of field, the overall look of the new game really suffers from it's absence. Wind Waker was never meant to have all those hard, ugly edges which flatten out the image and destroy any sense of space and depth.
  • Kid_Icarus 31 Jan 2013 21:51:21 556 posts
    Seen 11 months ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    It's funny how people are up in arms over the graphics after all the stick Nintendo got last time.
    "HOW DARE YOU CHANGE IT! WE LIKED IT BEFORE, EVEN THOUGH WE SAID WE DIDN'T!"

I wonder if the gamepad support is just going to be for the Tingle Tuner stuff from the original or if they're going to shoehorn more stuff onto it.
  • Cappy 31 Jan 2013 22:06:05 11,943 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Kid_Icarus wrote:
    It's funny how people are up in arms over the graphics after all the stick Nintendo got last time.
    What's actually funny is somebody thinking that it's the same people in both instances expressing an opinion on the graphics.
  • Kid_Icarus 31 Jan 2013 22:21:05 556 posts
    Seen 11 months ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Who's that then?

There's only been me comparing the two groups of idiots complaining about a game they haven't played based on a couple of pre-release screenshots. Might have worked better with a sarcasm tag though.
  • mikew1985 31 Jan 2013 23:18:02 12,756 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    What I find funny is the fact that some people think there is even a remote chance that Nintendo will be arsed enough to add in the missing content.

Not in a million years.
  • Armoured_Bear 31 Jan 2013 23:52:36 11,281 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    mikew1985 wrote:
    What I find funny is the fact that some people think there is even a remote chance that Nintendo will be arsed enough to add in the missing content.

Not in a million years.
    Unlikely, sadly I agree..

XBL : ecosse011172
    PSN : ecosse_011172
    NNID : armoured_bear

• disusedgenius 1 Feb 2013 00:01:25 5,335 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    They won't because they already said that that content went into TP. They should do it anyway but... you know.
  • Telepathic.Geometry 1 Feb 2013 00:12:17 11,334 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    mikew1985 wrote: What I find funny is the fact that some people think there is even a remote chance that Nintendo will be arsed enough to add in the missing content.
    I disagree with you here, I think that there is definitely a remote chance. But only remote... It's a shame that for all the talent Ninty have as game developers, they really don't understand what their customers want. /sadface

|| PSN Barrysama || NNID Barrysama ||

• mikew1985 1 Feb 2013 10:24:01 12,756 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Telepathic.Geometry wrote:
    mikew1985 wrote: What I find funny is the fact that some people think there is even a remote chance that Nintendo will be arsed enough to add in the missing content.
    I disagree with you here, I think that there is definitely a remote chance. But only remote... It's a shame that for all the talent Ninty have as game developers, they really don't understand what their customers want. /sadface
    I know opinions and all that but on this one I'm just calling a flat out no way. It's not going to happen. I'll eat my metaphorical hat and possibly buy a Wii U (lol!) if it happens.
  • javvyman 1 Feb 2013 10:51:55 709 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I'd say adding gyroscope support, maybe for aiming (grapple hook was a pain in WW) is a given, or perhaps even context sensitive GH support (which i'd prefer)
    I'd have the following implemented -

Tingle tuner
    Instant inventory management when playing on a TV (reverting to type when playing on the gamepad)
    Gamepad support for certain tasks like the cannons on the ship
    Make it easy to use the WW, adding some kind of gesture system on the touchpad itself. This would make sailing less of a pain.
    More shop mini games playable on the touchpad!

Other than that, i'd say add extra dungeons, more islands, improve the triforce hunt. Maybe implementing both together somehow.

Edited by javvyman at 10:53:00 01-02-2013
  • Roddles 1 Feb 2013 10:54:08 1,901 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    WAGGLE AND TOUCHING
  • Fake_Blood 1 Feb 2013 11:25:03 4,215 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I like the announcement trailer. Hey we just realised we need to make another zelda but thats going to take another 3 to 4 years, so here are 3 concept pictures of something you've played 10 years ago, ok? Peace!
  • javvyman 1 Feb 2013 11:26:16 709 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Roddles wrote:
    WAGGLE AND TOUCHING
    Hey.. i'm as excited for this as the next guy... but time and place man...
  • Mr-Brett 1 Feb 2013 11:34:41 12,799 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I think it looks awesome. It's pretty much the only thing that makes me want a Wii U, not that I'd buy one for one game that I've already played but it would sweeten the deal if there was something else.

As for the video, at least they've finally realised that they need to change up in future.

Level 37 Social Justice Warrior

• Raiko101 1 Feb 2013 13:01:29 6,315 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    It's good to see Nintendo putting effort into a HD port. It's more than simply turning up the resolution and patching some odd draw distances. So many other developers would have done far less already.

3DS: 4210 4002 8289 (Dave)
    Wii U: Raiko87
    Xbox Live: Raiko87

• BonzoBanana 17 Mar 2013 08:37:21 88 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Zelda windwaker was hugely successful first time around for copies sold in relation to consoles out there. By that ratio the most successful Zelda ever but of course the Gamecube wasn't a huge success. It's by far my favourite Zelda and I must admit a more beautiful looking version with the gameplay tweaked sounds like a must have. Really looking forward to this.
  • CharlieStCloud 17 Mar 2013 09:15:10 5,202 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    BonzoBanana wrote:
    ... I must admit a more beautiful looking version ...
    Yet the original looks better than this day-glo version ...

... especially on Dolphin too.
  • roz123 12 Jun 2013 09:15:25 7,113 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 6 years ago
  • Armoured_Bear 12 Jun 2013 09:25:21 11,281 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    roz123 wrote:
    Cheers, I really look forward to playing this again.
    It's one of the very few games I've kept hold of to play again.

• LeoliansBro 12 Jun 2013 09:32:17 44,278 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    So you don't really need to buy another copy.

LB, you really are a massive geek.

• DFawkes 12 Jun 2013 09:35:41 22,987 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I have no idea if I've played this. I remember having a Gamecube Zelda in a gold box with colourful graphics, and I'm pretty sure it had a disc with Ocarina of Time in it, but I'm not sure if that ever came as a double pack with Wind Waker. Did it?

Oh for goodness sake, I've caught my scrotum in my zip again - Margaret Thatcher, 1986

• Armoured_Bear 12 Jun 2013 09:39:00 11,281 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    LeoliansBro wrote:
    Unless I rebuy a Wii or Gamecube then yes, I do.
    That's ignoring the improvements in this version.
    Surprisingly playing one of my all time favourite games in 1080p/60fps instead of 480i holds some appeal.

• Armoured_Bear 12 Jun 2013 09:39:16 11,281 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    DFawkes wrote:
    I have no idea if I've played this. I remember having a Gamecube Zelda in a gold box with colourful graphics, and I'm pretty sure it had a disc with Ocarina of Time in it, but I'm not sure if that ever came as a double pack with Wind Waker. Did it?
    Yep, the Limited Edition.

• Deckard1 12 Jun 2013 09:40:25 28,038 posts
    Seen 25 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    LeoliansBro wrote:
    Unless I rebuy a Wii or Gamecube then yes, I do.
    That's ignoring the improvements in this version.
    Surprisingly playing one of my all time favourite games in 1080p/60fps instead of 480i holds some appeal.
    If only there was an emulator on the PC that would allow you to do that
  • DFawkes 12 Jun 2013 09:45:03 22,987 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    Yep, the Limited Edition.
    Ah. cheers :) Can't have been to memorable for me then, though I didn't enjoy 3D Zelda at the time. That said, I've got vague memories of hiding under a barrel, Solid Snake style, and I'm fairly sure I've seen a trailer that showed this.

I'm glad it's getting an HD release, though I'd probably have been equally happy with a Gamecube Virtual Console version. I'm getting a good few games that I missed out on due to not really liking Zelda at the time. Still got Ocarina to finish, the 2 Game Boy Color ones, that freebie from DSiWare, the GBA one on 3DS and NES Zelda 2, if you think that counts.

Oh for goodness sake, I've caught my scrotum in my zip again - Margaret Thatcher, 1986

• Page

of 25 First / Last

Previous