Zero Dark Thirty

• Page

of 1

Previous Next
  • Pinky_Floyd 26 Jan 2013 18:09:38 7,908 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Have an opportunity to go see this.  Why the thread?  This is a big deal for someone with 3 kids all under 4 and one of them 5 weeks old.  Dontgetoutmuchyasee?

Couldn't see any views in the recently watched films thread so thought I would, ya know, just ask if anyone had seen it and what you might have thought?
  • Deleted user 26 January 2013 18:27:10
    Really want to see this mainly because who it is directed by.
  • Deleted user 26 January 2013 18:37:50
    It's great at the beginning, has an okay middle, and an absolutely gripping finale. The credit to Bigelow is that she's taken an event everyone knows the outcome of and still made it tense and dramatic, without an excess of Hollywood cliches (in the finale, at least).
  • kalel 26 Jan 2013 18:40:21 87,910 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I'm interested to see how she made this one really homoerotic.
  • Pinky_Floyd 26 Jan 2013 18:40:25 7,908 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Has quite a few terrible user reviews over on imdb but the problem with that is that you just don't know if the user has an agenda. 
  • Deleted user 26 January 2013 18:41:22
    kalel wrote:
    John Barrowman's in it, if that'll do it for you.
  • kalel 26 Jan 2013 18:43:57 87,910 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Pinky_Floyd wrote:
    Has quite a few terrible user reviews over on imdb but the problem with that is that you just don't know if the user has an agenda. 
    James Cameron and his minions.
  • GrandTheftApu 26 Jan 2013 18:45:13 6,119 posts
    Seen 11 months ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    kalel wrote:
    Well all the commandos do teabag Bin Laden after they shoot him.
  • Deleted user 26 January 2013 18:46:31
    kalel wrote:
    Pinky_Floyd wrote:
    James Cameron and his minions.
    "When it comes to torture, I trust the woman who spent three years married to James Cameron."
  • Pinky_Floyd 26 Jan 2013 19:15:04 7,908 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    GrandTheftApu wrote:
    kalel wrote:
    Well all the commandos do teabag Bin Laden after they shoot him.
    COD online really does mirror reality!
  • neilka 26 Jan 2013 19:52:01 16,101 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Is that you in your profile picture Pepsipop

Lastly, I am gay, disabled, and a liberal.

• Pinky_Floyd 26 Jan 2013 21:09:59 7,908 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    There are two couples + moi in the screening tonight.  Cosy.  Wife has a friend round the house so I saw it as a good chance to escape.

I smuggled in a large bag of KP salted nuts and a 2 for 1 offer in the local spar for diet pepsi will see me right for my salty thirst.

I'm such a cheapskate.  Cinema doesn't even sell bloody nuts anyway.  They do sell some sort of baked scabs covered in what looks like smeg.  People pay money for this.  The world is a strange place.

Edited by Pinky_Floyd at 21:10:40 26-01-2013
  • CosmicFuzz 27 Jan 2013 00:47:28 24,562 posts
    Seen 46 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Saw it tonight, didn't really grab me tbh. Too many quick scenes leaping through time, throwing names about, not enough character development. For anyone, including the main character. Although that's a side effect of cramming 10 years into one film I suppose.

Everyone knows Jack Thompson - but how did he become the game-blaming activist he is today? Read Part One of my new mini-series!

• Pinky_Floyd 27 Jan 2013 00:51:18 7,908 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    CosmicFuzz wrote:
    Saw it tonight, didn't really grab me tbh. Too many quick scenes leaping through time, throwing names about, not enough character development. For anyone, including the main character. Although that's a side effect of cramming 10 years into one film I suppose.
    Pretty much.

Trailer spoiled the ending for me though :(
  • Lotos8ter 27 Jan 2013 06:36:38 2,360 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Pinky_Floyd wrote:Trailer spoiled the ending for me though :(
    Was planning to see this but the faint praise from the Guardian and the trailer where the main character is talking about 100% certainty - which I presume is for the endgame has put me right off. Might just go and see Django again, I can't be doing with 3 hour films that don't grab me, its too long to have itchy feet.

Fiat Lux

• Deleted user 27 January 2013 07:18:10
    Pinky_Floyd wrote:
    There are two couples + moi in the screening tonight.  Cosy.  Wife has a friend round the house so I saw it as a good chance to escape.

I smuggled in a large bag of KP salted nuts and a 2 for 1 offer in the local spar for diet pepsi will see me right for my salty thirst.

I'm such a cheapskate.  Cinema doesn't even sell bloody nuts anyway.  They do sell some sort of baked scabs covered in what looks like smeg.  People pay money for this.  The world is a strange place.
    I'm a smuggler too.

Whenever I go to the cinema it always reminds me of Black Books when Bernard goes to the cinema by himself. 'Excuse me' there seems to be some sort of mistake. I bought a drink and some popcorn and now I have no money'
  • Page

of 1

Previous Next