GeForce Experience

• Page

of 1

Previous Next
  • bad09 25 Jan 2013 15:57:13 5,623 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Some of you may have heard of this, it's new Nvidia software designed to read your system and optmize your games for you by automatically setting them to how bods at Nvivia feel the will run best. Here is a PC gamer article with link and full details. Obviously some will turn their nose up in disgust at being told what settings to use but handy for those less in the know than the super elite of our master race.

http://www.pcgamer.com/2013/01/25/nvidias-geforce-experience-is-now-open-to-all-green-hued-gamers-rejoice/

It's in open beta now so anyone can download it. Not had much time to try it myself but had a quick look at Batman AC which is still a dog in DX11 sadly so rather pointless :) and Crysis 2 where I did see improvement to my settings actually. Gonna give a better look later.

Edited by bad09 at 15:59:05 25-01-2013
  • THFourteen 25 Jan 2013 16:30:01 32,858 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Does this work with my Radeon
  • King_Edward 25 Jan 2013 17:47:39 11,454 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Guess I'll give it a go.
  • bad09 26 Jan 2013 00:46:02 5,623 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    So had a bit more of a look at this tonight and it's not bad at all. Personally my settings were mostly spot on and matched the "optimized" settings anyway and most long time PC gamers and experts probably wouldn't need something like this but I have to be honest as I said above Crysis 2 saw some improvement and I got Deus Ex a little smoother to with their help. you can turn off their suggestions easily to if you don't want them.

Sadly the list of supported games is limited right now but this could be very handy for new PC gamers and those unsure of their SSAOs from their FXAAs, it could even be something to take out some of the guess work and tinkering time for the rest of us to as it expands it's list of games. I think the beta is full for now but worth a look if it doesn't offend you to the very bone like some in the comments on PC gamer, check this guy out for example:

"Beginners guide for playing pc games. Set everything to the highest setting at your maximum resolution. Then begin lowering things until you get 60. Start with things like shadows, ambient occlusion, AA, post processing as things things really aren't crucial to the enjoyment of a game. Pretty simple stuff. And if you do use this software...don't tell ANYONE! If you do you will be ridiculed about it forever. Good day."

:lol:
  • Gunzberg 26 Jan 2013 08:04:46 1,730 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Tried it on my new GTX 680 and it is great software.

Optimizes settings for games and launches them even when Steam games.

I was wondering why it did not find my other games, e.g. Dishonored or SpecOps but then I realised they were not supported.

Honestly, it saves faffing about, all games can be launched from a single interface and it's FREE.

Worth a download imo

Steam/PSN/XBL/Nintendo ID/Uplay/Origin: Gunzberg
    Blizzard Battletag: Gunzberg#2718

• B0rked_Gamer 26 Jan 2013 09:17:22 2,482 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Seriously if you're a PC gamer and use this take a good long look at yourself in the mirror. Look at yourself and feel ashamed. You are no longer a member of the master race. You are nothing.
  • Carlo 26 Jan 2013 09:21:31 17,948 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I can't understand why anyone with a 680 would even need to have settings less than max on everything

PSN ID: Djini

• bad09 26 Jan 2013 09:28:25 5,623 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Like Silas I beat myself with a controller for using it this morning. 360 pad to, heavy buggers those...
  • Gunzberg 26 Jan 2013 09:34:07 1,730 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Carlo wrote:
    I can't understand why anyone with a 680 would even need to have settings less than max on everything
    I removed my dual 4870 X2s yesterday and then installed a 680. The software is neat in the way it shows what is possible with the new card.

My old setup was struggling with Max Payn3 for example and with the GeFE I can compare settings vs old before starting the game.

And honestly, I mostly like it because I can launch my games from one interface vs opening up steam vs browswing the start menu vs searching for desktop icons

Steam/PSN/XBL/Nintendo ID/Uplay/Origin: Gunzberg
    Blizzard Battletag: Gunzberg#2718

• Page

of 1

Previous Next