Samsung Galaxy S4

• Page

of 2 First / Last

Previous
  • beastmaster 23 Jan 2013 12:34:10 11,328 posts
    Seen 41 seconds ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    The press event is on 22nd March. Apple better pull their finger out and soon if they have any hope of competing.

http://gadgetshow.channel5.com/gadget-show/gadget-news/samsung-galaxy-s4-release-date-revealed

Edit: Lean to speel at our skule. Can a mod please change the title? :-)

Edited by beastmaster at 12:35:01 23-01-2013

The Resident Evil films. I'm one of the reasons they keep making them.

• eleven63 8 Feb 2013 20:40:57 1,602 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    If the rumour mill is right(ish) about specs and release date, this is my next mobile - been due a free upgrade for 4 months now, holding off.

Rumour or BS?

Follow me on Twitter @mattwaring

• Megapocalypse 8 Feb 2013 20:55:50 5,388 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Will be due an upgrade around then. Was looking at the Note, but may hang on now.
  • BurnoutJunkie 8 Feb 2013 21:02:51 709 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I may be interested if these phones came with the option to run it without the Samsung bloatware on it without having to jump through hoops. I had a Note for a short while early last year after switching from iPhone...just couldn't get used to it. Also hate the fact that Google doesn't allow you to send a text to more than 10 people using the stock messaging app. These third party apps make a copy of the message for every single person you're sending it to. I group text a lot, and can't stand it.
  • THFourteen 8 Feb 2013 21:11:26 33,189 posts
    Seen 45 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Never say never but I can't really see myself upgrading.

I don't play games on my phone so they'll have to come up with something better than "wireless" charging and a spec jump.
  • eleven63 8 Feb 2013 21:19:12 1,602 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @BurnoutJunkie I agree, but I don't find bloatware a deal breaker for me (yes I'd rather do without it of course and my Nexus 7 is a joy, and zero bloat)

How about this ref group text?

Group Text

Edited by eleven63 at 21:20:29 08-02-2013

• Kostabi 8 Feb 2013 21:19:34 4,907 posts
    Seen 26 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    An S3 with even better battery life would be enough of a spec bump to get me to upgrade, oh and an SD slot that doesn't fry cards at will.
  • grey_matters 8 Feb 2013 21:29:30 3,690 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I'll keep an eye on this, due an upgrade in the summer. Xperia Z is looking nice too and a proper Nokia Pureview with decent specs would be very interesting.
  • BurnoutJunkie 8 Feb 2013 21:40:51 709 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @eleven63 - oh, I know that there are lots of group text apps, but if you've ever tried using any of them (I must have tried about 10 when I had the Note last year), you would see that even though you start a group thread and hit send, the message shows up X number of threads corresponding to the the number of people you sent it to. E.g. if I send a message to 12 people, 12 threads will pop up with the exact same message, which is really annoying. Now I know that when I receive a response, it won't be by one thread but a thread for each person...but I don't see why there isn't just one thread for my outgoing message. On my iPhone, I send out a message to 12 people, and I see one thread for this message appearing once. That's it. I know it's such a small thing for many, but I use the feature so much that it annoys the heck out of me. I don''t think it's something that the developers are missing out on either, I'm pretty sure it's some sort of restriction from Android.

Is there any way to contact the Android developers? I'd like to complain about this. I think I tried tweeting them once but never got a response.
  • eleven63 8 Feb 2013 22:28:42 1,602 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    BurnoutJunkie wrote:
    @eleven63 - oh, I know that there are lots of group text apps, but if you've ever tried using any of them (I must have tried about 10 when I had the Note last year), you would see that even though you start a group thread and hit send, the message shows up X number of threads corresponding to the the number of people you sent it to. E.g. if I send a message to 12 people, 12 threads will pop up with the exact same message, which is really annoying. Now I know that when I receive a response, it won't be by one thread but a thread for each person...but I don't see why there isn't just one thread for my outgoing message. On my iPhone, I send out a message to 12 people, and I see one thread for this message appearing once. That's it. I know it's such a small thing for many, but I use the feature so much that it annoys the heck out of me. I don''t think it's something that the developers are missing out on either, I'm pretty sure it's some sort of restriction from Android.

Is there any way to contact the Android developers? I'd like to complain about this. I think I tried tweeting them once but never got a response.
    Ah, understand - hmm, not sure,  I'll ask the question of those I know - but it does answer the question as to why, with 'group' texts, I receive separate threads! Now I know, cheers!

• Phily50 12 Mar 2013 21:36:07 2,199 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    So the event is happening on Thursday at midnight. Quite excited actually coming from an iPhone 4S and not wanting to upgrade to the 5.
  • Jono62 12 Mar 2013 21:40:01 14,059 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Apparently already leaked:

www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/mobileweb/2013/03/12/samsung-galaxy-s4-leaked-on-video_n_2858910.html?utm_hp_ref=uk
  • Dougs 14 Mar 2013 23:32:57 67,191 posts
    Seen 43 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Launch day then....
  • urban 14 Mar 2013 23:49:48 10,942 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago

It's as if your child were in a high school play you're forced to attend, but the play turned out to be a sales pitch for a phone.
  • SuperCoolEskimo 15 Mar 2013 00:04:04 9,779 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Smartphones seem to have hit a brick wall. Most of the new features nowadays are just gimmicks. Plus better screens/cameras.
  • Roddles 15 Mar 2013 00:12:47 1,839 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Indeed.

The screen size is just far too large too. I'll be sticking with my S2 and going on a sim-only contract.
  • Razz 15 Mar 2013 01:27:02 61,070 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    SuperCoolEskimo wrote:
    Smartphones seem to have hit a brick wall. Most of the new features nowadays are just gimmicks. Plus better screens/cameras.
    See, This is why Apple's approach of just releasing the same product every year is vastly superior.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
    Steam/PSN/XBOX: Razztafarai | 3DS: 1246-9674-8856
    --------------------------------------------------------------------

• ibenam 15 Mar 2013 02:25:15 1,391 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Zing!
  • Dougs 15 Mar 2013 07:00:04 67,191 posts
    Seen 43 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Roddles wrote:
    Indeed.

The screen size is just far too large too. I'll be sticking with my S2 and going on a sim-only contract.
    Aye, I'm kind of torn. My S2 is still ace, but does seem to suffer from the USA port issue which is a pain. Plus, new shiny. Might wait for the next Nexus.
  • Armoured_Bear 15 Mar 2013 07:54:01 10,585 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Razz wrote:
    SuperCoolEskimo wrote:
    See, This is why Apple's approach of just releasing the same product every year is vastly superior.
    The S4 seems far less of an improvement over the S3 than any new Apple phone.
    Also, my S3 is a piece of shit that I can't wait to get rid of.

XBL : ecosse011172
    PSN : ecosse_011172
    NNID : armoured_bear

• beastmaster 15 Mar 2013 08:14:06 11,328 posts
    Seen 41 seconds ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    Razz wrote:
    SuperCoolEskimo wrote:
    The S4 seems far less of an improvement over the S3 than any new Apple phone.
    Also, my S3 is a piece of shit that I can't wait to get rid of.
    I went to a S2 out of boredom of OSX. Fucking hated it and it had loads go wrong with it. I've now got an iPhone 5 and fucking love it. I know a few people (well, 5 to be exact) that have got a S3 and fucking hate it. Not the OS but they're the same kind of problems I was having. Overheating, not charging properly, loss of 3G and WiFi etc. Had to do a factory reset every 2 weeks. I hated Android and all variants of as well

What Samsung need to do now is focus on build quality and reliability.

The Resident Evil films. I'm one of the reasons they keep making them.

• sport 15 Mar 2013 08:16:32 12,694 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Can't see Apple recovering from this launch.
  • Megapocalypse 15 Mar 2013 08:21:53 5,388 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Roddles wrote:
    The screen size is just far too large too.
    Having just got my Note 2 (and loving it) this cannot be possible. ;)
  • Dougs 15 Mar 2013 08:22:48 67,191 posts
    Seen 43 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Does every thread about Android have to turn out the same? Tiresome.
  • Widge Moderator 15 Mar 2013 08:39:20 13,468 posts
    Seen 53 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Roddles wrote:
    Indeed.

They MAY do a Galaxy Mini S4 if the previous series is anything to go by. But I'm with you, I find big phones ridiculous, with the Note sitting at the top of the mountain of ridiculousness.

_ _ _

www.unpaused.co.uk - electronic noise adjective salad

• Mr-Brett 15 Mar 2013 08:48:34 12,772 posts
    Seen 59 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Dougs wrote:
    Does every thread about Android have to turn out the same? Tiresome.
    All this has happened before, and all this will happen again

Portable view - Never forget.

• mcmonkeyplc 15 Mar 2013 09:32:44 39,440 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    So say we all.

Come and get it cumslingers!

• Page

of 2 First / Last

Previous