An Update to the BS Bullet Run is Pay to Win topic.

• Page

of 1

Previous Next
  • Sylar100 22 Jan 2013 01:33:15 29 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    www.bulletrunthegame.com

The BS topic of someone who never played the game for more like 3 hours

Instead of posting in a 6 month old topic. I'm gonna actually refute some of the claims.

To start off, Repairing your weapons was never an Issue in Bullet Run, 0 durability weapons only did 10% less damage, most people ended up playing without repairing weapons. The Repair system has also been totally removed from the game.

The starter gun, the Mp5 is actually a pretty good gun. You could easily use it to stand toe to toe with people.

Also, since 6 months ago things in Bullet Run have changed even more then the removal of the weapon repair system.

Things in Bullet Run have changed since months ago.

Buying weapons Permanently with In Game Credits have been removed. In its place is a system that allows you to rent weapons. The weapon rental prices are actually very affordable and its very easy to earn the credits while playing. You can rent weapons for 1, 3, or 7 days. If you purchase a mod, the mod will be permanent even if your rental of the weapon runs out. So if you re-rent the weapon you will still have the mods.

A progression System has been employed. As you level up your character you will be rewarded with level up to your skills, Free 1 day weapon rentals, etc.

The repair system has been completely removed. Even though it was never an issue previously since not repairing really didn't affect you.

A new mode, Search and Destroy has been added to the game along with 3 new maps.

Edited by Sylar100 at 01:33:48 22-01-2013
  • Deleted user 22 January 2013 01:43:44
    Sounds shit.
  • richardiox 22 Jan 2013 01:46:54 5,714 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    And like a total rip off. Avoid.
  • Sylar100 22 Jan 2013 01:48:09 29 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    richardiox wrote:
    And like a total rip off. Avoid.
    Not a ripoff since you don't have to pay money.
  • richardiox 22 Jan 2013 01:49:49 5,714 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    You do to compete. And it's a competitive game.
  • Sylar100 22 Jan 2013 01:50:51 29 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @richardiox

You don't pay to compete. I've never spent real money on the game.
  • Khanivor 22 Jan 2013 01:54:32 41,123 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Take the money you've saved and pay someone to teach you how to speak properly.
  • richardiox 22 Jan 2013 01:55:42 5,714 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    So you're nothing to do with the development or marketing of the game then? You just created an account here to refute a 6month old thread with a reply that reads like a press release?
  • Sylar100 22 Jan 2013 02:13:48 29 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    richardiox wrote:
    So you're nothing to do with the development or marketing of the game then? You just created an account here to refute a 6month old thread with a reply that reads like a press release?

Nope, i really have nothing to do with the marketing of the game. I actually like to play the game and want to see more and more people play it. So i was gonna advertise on reddit, which had a link to the original topic.

My topic really reads nothing like a Press Release, it's just showing off how things have changed in regards to the original topic. I was originally gonna post in the topic but i had no clue if there were rules regarding it. So i just made my own topic.
  • Sylar100 22 Jan 2013 02:14:23 29 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Khanivor wrote:
    Take the money you've saved and pay someone to teach you how to speak properly.
    Calm down there buddy. No reason to be hostile :p
  • Sylar100 22 Jan 2013 02:23:58 29 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    meme wrote:
    Sounds shit.
    Sounds Troll.

Sorry i didn't see your little troll post at first.
  • Khanivor 22 Jan 2013 02:30:52 41,123 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Yeah there is. You come wading in here hawking your shitty little game that no one gives a fuck about. You're getting off lightly so far. You cunt.
  • Sylar100 22 Jan 2013 02:32:32 29 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Khanivor wrote:
    Yeah there is. You come wading in here hawking your shitty little game that no one gives a fuck about. You're getting off lightly so far. You cunt.
    Oh such a hostile person you are :).

1. I saw the original topic that was based off of lack of game experience, and since the game changed even more since then, i decided to post about it.

You're welcome to leave my topic if you want to complain for no reason.
  • Khanivor 22 Jan 2013 02:45:55 41,123 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I'm complaining that your game is shit and that you're full of shit.

If you can't handle it then fuck off my forum.

Edited by Khanivor at 02:46:36 22-01-2013
  • Sylar100 22 Jan 2013 02:52:25 29 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Khanivor wrote:
    I'm complaining that your game is shit and that you're full of shit.

If you can't handle it then fuck off my forum.
    Aww someone seems a bit angry. It's ok :)

Calm down :)
  • Khanivor 22 Jan 2013 02:57:33 41,123 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Angry? No. Sad? Yes. Sad that you think the forum is stupid enough to fall for this horse shit.

Not as sad as the game though. That's really fucking sad. Almost as sad as the cunts who made and sell it.
  • Sylar100 22 Jan 2013 03:15:38 29 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Khanivor wrote:
    Angry? No. Sad? Yes. Sad that you think the forum is stupid enough to fall for this horse shit.

Not as sad as the game though. That's really fucking sad. Almost as sad as the cunts who made and sell it.
    All i'm doing is posting about a game i play. So yeah you are pretty sad since all you're doing is shitting on my topic with your trolling.

It's pretty sad to see that every person on this forum is apparently so jaded that they assume i had any had in the making of a game, because i'm fucking posting about it.
  • Sylar100 22 Jan 2013 03:16:00 29 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Post deleted
  • Deleted user 22 January 2013 03:27:52
    I think it's more the strange defensive overreaction to a six month old post that no-one really gave a shit about at the time and gives even less of a shit about now.
  • Phishfood 22 Jan 2013 03:43:48 51 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Yes that was my thread. I said I played the game for 3 hours until I saw the disgusting money-hook, what I didn't say was I kept on playing for another 6 hours after and it didn't change my mind. Sorry about that.

Getting a choice of guns in any game is about choosing the right weapon for the way you want to tackle an objective. The maps are not designed around the MP5. The MP5 will only work well in a handful of locations. What they should have done is given you a starter sub-machine gun, shotgun and sniper rifle. This means new starters have more options available to them.

Something that's not changed is how people who pay the monthly fee can purchase whatever weapons they want regardless of their current level. Being a heavy pay to win type game I find it fitting that the slogan for Bullet Run is "fame at any cost".

Nevertheless the game I played 5-6 months ago really is "Scientology: The Game". Now that SOE has Planetside 2 I don't even know why they bother maintaining this.

Edited by Phishfood at 03:48:44 22-01-2013
  • Sylar100 22 Jan 2013 03:52:43 29 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I think it's more the strange defensive overreaction to a six month old post that no-one really gave a shit about at the time and gives even less of a shit about now.

It's not overly defensive. I just wanted to post my thoughts regarding it. If you don't like the topic, don't respond.

Getting a choice of guns in any game is about choosing the right weapon for the way you want to tackle an objective. The maps are not designed around the MP5. The MP5 will only work well in a handful of locations. What they should have done is given you a starter sub-machine gun, shotgun and sniper rifle. This means new starters have more options available to them.

Actually the Mp5 can work on almost any map but Cactus, pretty much the Sniper Map. Though you can get the Tactical sniper rifle pretty early on, around Level 5 or so i think.

Something that's not changed is how people who pay the monthly fee can purchase whatever weapons they want regardless of their current level. Being a heavy pay to win type game I find it fitting that the slogan for Bullet Run is "fame at any cost".

While Platinum Membership does let people purchase Level restricted guns at any level, It really doesn't matter that much. I and a lot of other people never bought Platinum Membership and it never hindered us. You'd actually learn that if you spent more like 3-10 total hours in the game.

Edited by Sylar100 at 03:53:31 22-01-2013

Edited by Sylar100 at 03:54:57 22-01-2013
  • Khanivor 22 Jan 2013 04:03:30 41,123 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Piss off back to gamefaqs were folk might be sad enough to give a shit.
  • Phishfood 22 Jan 2013 04:20:04 51 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    The pay to win aspect of the game is mostly about adaptability. The more choices in your loadout the more adaptable you are in any given situation. People with money are more adaptable straight away.

Free players level up slower and so find it very gruelling trying to purchase weapons and upgrades. If I remember right, after reaching a certain level a free player will unlock an additional loadout slot (bring the number of loadouts to 2). Now if you want more loadouts you have to purchase them with real money.

Edited by Phishfood at 04:20:22 22-01-2013
  • Sylar100 22 Jan 2013 04:22:58 29 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Phishfood wrote:
    The pay to win aspect of the game is mostly about adaptability. The more choices in your loadout the more adaptable you are in any given situation. People with money are more adaptable straight away.

Free players level up slower and so find it very gruelling trying to purchase weapons and upgrades. If I remember right, after reaching a certain level a free player will unlock an additional loadout slot (bring the number of loadouts to 2). Now if you want more loadouts you have to purchase them with real money.
    No you don't. All 4 loadouts can be used when you get weapons
  • Phishfood 22 Jan 2013 04:31:57 51 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @Sylar100 Then they have changed that since I played 6 months ago.

I'm not a big fan of free to play games but I do know when its done right. Gotham City Imposters on Steam and Tribes Ascend are 2 good examples, I threw down money within the first 2 hours. Bullet Run is just terrible, the developers messed up the way to properly monetise a free to play game and now they can't do anything to fix it.
  • Sylar100 22 Jan 2013 04:36:25 29 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Phishfood wrote:
    @Sylar100 Then they have changed that since I played 6 months ago.

I'm not a big fan of free to play games but I do know when its done right. Gotham City Imposters on Steam and Tribes Ascend are 2 good examples, I threw down money within the first 2 hours. Bullet Run is just terrible, the developers messed up the way to properly monetise a free to play game and now they can't do anything to fix it.
    Also my apologies, i should of mentioned more about the loadouts.

At level 2 or 3 i think you unlock the AUG, a few levels after that is the Tactical Sniper Rifle, At level 9 you unlock the AK47, all 3 guns once you unlock you get a free one day rental of them.

I've been playing Bullet Run since the closed beta around or before August, Never payed a cent. You can easily play the game and do fine without spending real money.

Never tried Gotham City Imposters. Well i tried the Beta on the ps3 when it was up. Never tried the free version on Steam. Tribes i played a few games. It actually seemed pretty easy to get kills off of people in the game. I'll have to play it again unless they made it more annoying in the last like 3 months.
  • Sylar100 22 Jan 2013 04:36:48 29 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Post deleted
  • Page

of 1

Previous Next