Vita faulty battery/gauge

• Page

of 1

Previous Next
  • Jim_Lahey 21 Jan 2013 13:34:59 11 posts
    Seen 9 months ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Hi guys i am having a really annoying problem with my Vita. After fully charging my battery I will get the battery low warning after a few minutes play. I go to the home screen and sure enough its on red. It will then jump back to green/full.

This will continue untill the battery is genuinly drained, sometimes also the Vita will display the empty battery symbol and go into sleep mode . Pressing the home button will wake the Vita up and the battery will show as full again.

I have tried draining the battery fully and doing a full recharge yet the same thing happens. Its nearly out of warrenty and sods law I purchased it from HMV . Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix this or come across this problem at all?
    Google isnt turning up anything.
  • Flying_Pig 21 Jan 2013 13:39:16 11,327 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Are you sure it's charging properly? I thought I had an issue with mine, but then realised that the chargr cable had come loose so hadn't charged the Vita properly, despite me leaving it to charge overnight.
  • Jim_Lahey 21 Jan 2013 13:44:14 11 posts
    Seen 9 months ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Yes mate . After charging it displays the full battery symbol and i can play it for 4 or 5 hours but it keeps saying battery low etc. Im stumped.
  • HiddenAway 21 Jan 2013 13:48:05 14,960 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Have you tried completely switching it off? Hold the power button down for 3-4 seconds and select Power Off and then try to turn on again. If it won't turn on, plug in the charger and ensure the Home button glows orange.

Failing that, you may need to contact Playstation Customer Services (try e-mail first)

On Twitter: @HiddenAway1

• Jim_Lahey 21 Jan 2013 13:54:59 11 posts
    Seen 9 months ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Yea i have tried powering it off as well. Ive got a few weeks left on my warrenty but its with HMV . Do you know if they would have to honour it ? Or am I at the back of the que with the shafted gift card lads?
  • jonsaan 21 Jan 2013 14:07:07 25,429 posts
    Seen 33 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Just call sony customer support. They are pretty helpful.

FCUTA!

• el_pollo_diablo 21 Jan 2013 18:56:24 2,133 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Sounds a bit odd to me. Like a faulty contact? Give Sony a call, they have plenty of replacements! :-)
  • Page

of 1

Previous Next