Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Hahaha! What the hell is that!!!

Edited by el_pollo_diablo at 11:05:24 20-01-2013
  • consignia 20 Jan 2013 11:58:18 1,433 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    santashi wrote:
    @consignia How did you find Dream Club Zero Portable?
    It's not great if I'm honest. Apart from everything else, it's quite badly implemented, so all the minigames when are key to developing trust are an exercise in frustration.

And then there's the fact that the game is about paying girls to get drunk with you in the hope they will eventually go out with you. It's quite difficult to enjoy a game that is relentlessly calling you a hopeless bastard under guise of it's cute exterior. I don't know if the developers created it as a satire, but it certainly comes off as one.

I only really got it because I wanted a quirky Japanese title to prove the region-free-ness of the console to myself on launch.
  • addyb 20 Jan 2013 12:35:31 1,045 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @consignia

Whats project Diva like? Ive heard a lot about it and I love rhythm games but I'm a bit hesitant to pay around £50 to import it. Incidentally where did you purchase it from?
  • H1ggyLTD 20 Jan 2013 12:51:17 1,642 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I think we all know fine well what sort of rhythm that game encourages...
  • addyb 20 Jan 2013 12:56:12 1,045 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    H1ggyLTD wrote:
    I think we all know fine well what sort of rhythm that game encourages...
    Lmao and theres me thinking that DS game was called Elite "Beat It" agents.
  • santashi 20 Jan 2013 12:58:11 5,084 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @addyb Project Diva f is very addictive. Mainly button based rhythm with some touch screen 'scratch' sections. Try watching some Youtube videos of the gameplay to see if it looks like something you'd like. AmiAmi had a sale on it recently but I think it might be sold out now.

@consignia Haha, I like your summary. Yeah, there does seem to be a level of irony in having a virtual version of girls being paid to pretend that they want to spend time with you. I also totally understand the temptation to import games. :p

PSN ID: finn1
    3DS: 3497-0005-6756

• Syrette 20 Jan 2013 13:01:25 43,232 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    santashi wrote:
    Syrette wrote:
    Is that Dream Club as in Dream C Club?

You pervert!
    I think it's a series? I saw some trailers on Youtube and it seemed like an odd concept for a game so I'm curious if it actually gels or not. A card collecting karaoke host club? I don't imagine it would ever get a western release somehow. :D
    I think there are 2-3 Dream Club games out now. I've played it, fair to say it helps to have a bit of knowledge about the Japanese language. Which I don't, which led to some amusing results.

Edited by Syrette at 13:06:29 20-01-2013

• santashi 20 Jan 2013 13:05:42 5,084 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I... don't think I know what to say. That's not how Stanley Bagshaw used a banana.

• addyb 20 Jan 2013 13:05:52 1,045 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @Santashi

Thanks for the info. I will keep my eyes peeled for a decent priced copy. I checked some YouTube footage out last night and it does look great. Doesnt seem that bad to navigate the Japanese menus either and I guess there is a translation of other options online anyway.
  • santashi 20 Jan 2013 13:09:51 5,084 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @addyb Yeah, I think you could pretty much get away without being able to recognise any Japanese as long as you can remember which options to pick in the menu (although I think there was a link to a menu translation in the Project Diva f thread here). For the gameplay itself you don't need to know any. :)

It is one of those games you intend to spend five minutes on and are still there an hour later.

• Syrette 20 Jan 2013 13:10:25 43,232 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    santashi wrote:
    I... don't think I know what to say. That's not how Stanley Bagshaw used a banana.
    It's a franchise about plying hostesses with alcohol, food, gifts and karaoke so they'll fall in love with you. Thus I agree, it won't get a Western release any time soon ;)

• santashi 20 Jan 2013 13:12:41 5,084 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Syrette wrote:
    santashi wrote:
    It's a franchise about plying hostesses with alcohol, food, gifts and karaoke so they'll pretend to fall in love with you. Thus I agree, it won't get a Western release any time soon ;)
    Altered slightly for realism. ;) Crikey. I think even Senran Kagura has more likelihood of being released than that.

• addyb 20 Jan 2013 13:18:30 1,045 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    santashi wrote:
    @addyb Yeah, I think you could pretty much get away without being able to recognise any Japanese as long as you can remember which options to pick in the menu (although I think there was a link to a menu translation in the Project Diva f thread here). For the gameplay itself you don't need to know any. :)

It is one of those games you intend to spend five minutes on and are still there an hour later.
    Yeah ive been like that with other rhythm type games. Lol I cant type that without it sounding pervy now.
    Out of stock at ami ami but just tempted to pay more and bang it on my CC.
  • jonsaan 20 Jan 2013 13:29:28 25,335 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I want Dream C club!

FCUTA!

• jonsaan 20 Jan 2013 13:30:30 25,335 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Project Diva is great on psp. It's a really good game. It's no more pervy than any other rythm action game.

Edited by jonsaan at 13:30:47 20-01-2013

FCUTA!

• addyb 20 Jan 2013 13:56:01 1,045 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Just noticed it cheaper here but never heard of this site before.

http://www.jdjgaming.com/hatsune-miku-project-diva-f-as/

Anyone used them before?
  • consignia 20 Jan 2013 14:04:22 1,433 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I always use Yesasia for importing stuff. They are rarely the cheapest or the fastest, but they always have free shipping and get through customs without having to pay charges so can usually end up cheaper than other places.
  • addyb 20 Jan 2013 14:15:03 1,045 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    consignia wrote:
    I always use Yesasia for importing stuff. They are rarely the cheapest or the fastest, but they always have free shipping and get through customs without having to pay charges so can usually end up cheaper than other places.
    Thanks mate. Whats the difference between the Japan and Asian edition? Ive noticed the latter is cheaper.
  • Feanor 20 Jan 2013 14:19:31 14,120 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I just have AC3 Liberation which I got for free with my Vita and haven't played yet, and Persona 4 Golden which I am 80 hours into.
  • consignia 20 Jan 2013 14:27:06 1,433 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    addyb wrote:

Thanks mate. Whats the difference between the Japan and Asian edition? Ive noticed the latter is cheaper.
    Usually there is absolutely nothing between the editions. Sometimes they come with translation booklets for some flavour of Chinese, but they other are otherwise the Japanese versions, not just being exactly the same version of the game software, but also with all the text in manual and on the back of the box being in Japanese as well.
  • addyb 20 Jan 2013 14:39:20 1,045 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    consignia wrote:
    addyb wrote:

Usually there is absolutely nothing between the editions. Sometimes they come with translation booklets for some flavour of Chinese, but they other are otherwise the Japanese versions, not just being exactly the same version of the game software, but also with all the text in manual and on the back of the box being in Japanese as well.
    Well the Asian version is £41 on yesasia. Mmmmm do I bite? Lol
  • santashi 20 Jan 2013 15:29:49 5,084 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    jonsaan wrote:
    Project Diva is great on psp. It's a really good game. It's no more pervy than any other rythm action game.
    I wouldn't say it's pervy. That said, if you are able to watch the videos closely while inputting the button presses and swipes then I am seriously impressed. :D

• Deleted user 20 January 2013 16:24:06
    My current game collection looks like:

Playstation 2
    Burnout 2: Point of Impact
    Capcom Classics Collection Vol.2
    Forbidden Siren
    Manhunt
    Midway Arcade Treasures 2
    Okami
    Outrun 2006 - Coast 2 Coast
    Resident Evil 4
    Rule Of Rose
    Shadow Of Memories
    Silent Hill 2
    Silent Hill 3
    Syberia
    Syberia II

Playstation 1
    Capcom Generations 4
    Silent Hill
    SpongeBob Squarepants: Supersponge

Sega Saturn - Japanese
    Irem Arcade Classics (contains 3 games)
    Outrun
    Parodius Deluxe Pack
    Parodius Forever With Me
    Power Drift
    Salamander Deluxe Pack Plus (Salamander,†Life Force, Salamander 2)
    Sexy Parodius
    Shin Shinobi Den
    Soul Hackers
    Street Fighter Zero
    Vampire Savior - The Lord Of Vampire
    Virtua Fighter 2

ZX Spectrum
    The Great Space Race - It's in a big box and comes with a poster. I donít even own a ZX Spectrum. Don't ask ;D

PC
    Half - Life 2
    Half - Life 2 - Episode 2
    Half - Life 2 - Episode Pack (includes Episode 2 and 3)
    S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Shadow Of Chernobyl

I canít play any of the PC games as I sold my GFX card which allowed STALKER to run, and none of the Half - Life 2 games install/run because of issues with my PC (no doubt caused by the never ending PC updates) which is why I prefer to stick to console games.

Other games and game consoles I have owned include Snes, Mega Drive, Dreamcast, and Playstation 3. Now all have been sold on.

Edited by blacksea at 16:29:55 20-01-2013
  • mrpon 20 Jan 2013 17:30:47 28,694 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    This is the Vita category.

Give yourself £5 or Ĺ gig, you're worth it.

• Deleted user 20 January 2013 17:49:04
    Full
    Uncharted Golden Abyss (Digital)
    Gravity Rush (Digital)
    Need For Speed MW
    Little Big Planet
    Blazblue Continum Shift Extend
    Strangers Wrath (Digital)
    PS ALLSTARS

PSP
    Persona 3 Portable
    Tactics Ogre
    Final Fantasy Tactics
    Corpse Party
    Patapon
    Patapon 2
    Loco Roco

PSN
    Sound Shapes
    Jet Set Radio
    Tales From Space
    Super Stardust
    Plants Vs Zombies
    Jetpack Joyride

PSONE
    Resident Evil 3
    Final Fantasy 6
    Oddworld Abes Oddessy
    Oddworld Abes Exodus

Phew. And Persona 4 will be joining the collection on the 22nd.
  • Murbal 20 Jan 2013 20:55:05 22,039 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    As a married father of two in a one TV household, my Vita is a godsend. In fact, for cross platform games, the Vita version will be my version of choice.

Boxed Vita games:

Rayman Origins
    Shinobido 2
    Disgaea 3
    Persona 4 Golden
    Sonic Racing Transformed
    Virtues Last Reward
    Lumines
    Everybody's Golf
    Little Kings Story
    Metal Gear Collection
  • Flying_Pig 20 Jan 2013 22:23:24 10,851 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Murbal wrote:
    As a married father of two in a one TV household, my Vita is a godsend. In fact, for cross platform games, the Vita version will be my version of choice
    Amen
  • PazJohnMitch 20 Jan 2013 22:28:56 7,954 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    WeakOrbit wrote:
    PSP
    Tactics Ogre
    Is Tactic Ogre worth the asking price. I am very tempted by it but keep getting put off by the price.
  • Deleted user 20 January 2013 22:34:17
    @PazJohnMitch Yeah. In my opinion its the best tactics RPG I've played. I spent around a hundred hours on it and even then I don't think i saw all the game had to offer. It also has some proper decisions in the game that have far reaching consequences later into the game.
  • el_pollo_diablo 20 Jan 2013 23:34:51 2,076 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Flying_Pig wrote:
    Murbal wrote:
    As a married father of two in a one TV household, my Vita is a godsend. In fact, for cross platform games, the Vita version will be my version of choice
    Amen
    / Highfives
  • Page

of 4 First / Last