Soul Reaver
    Castlevania SOTN

...and Life of Pixel

Everything, basically. PSPlus has nothing to offer me :(

Edited by el_pollo_diablo at 16:49:49 19-01-2013
  • H1ggyLTD 19 Jan 2013 16:50:37 1,385 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Some people are just obsessed with triple-A titles, and need a new one every week.

Then wonder why a saturated market sees companies like THQ go under.
  • Syrette 19 Jan 2013 16:50:56 41,889 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Gregolution wrote:
    LBP
    Playstation All Stars
    Assassins Creed
    COD
    Persona 4 in a couple of weeks
    Sine Mora
    Knytts Underground
    Mortal Kombat
    Sonic Racing
    Fifa 13
    Need for Speed
    Great
    Also on PS3
    Mediocre
    Poor
    Old port
    Multiformat
    Also on PS3
    Multiformat
    Multiformat
    Multiformat
    Multiformat

Why do some people not see that people have a problem with the Vita's software because of reasons like the above? Too many multiformat games or average to poor spin-offs.

Some people love the software, some people don't. For some reason the former seem to have a problem with the latter and vice versa. It's not for everyone.

• Syrette 19 Jan 2013 16:52:48 41,889 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    H1ggyLTD wrote:
    Some people are just obsessed with triple-A titles, and need a new one every week.

Then wonder why a saturated market sees companies like THQ go under.
    Why are you so defensive? I don't want AAA every week. I do want exclusive experiences on my Vita though, I've got home consoles for the non-exclusives.

And THQ are known for their AAA titles...

• H1ggyLTD 19 Jan 2013 16:56:19 1,385 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @Syrette Why am i defensive.

Possibly because you're stomping through the thread trying to put a downer on everything.

It doesn't matter if a game is also on PS3, as it's not portable on that, is it.
  • Humperfunk 19 Jan 2013 17:00:25 1,607 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    spudsbuckley wrote:
    Let's put it this way: there are very few games on the Vita that aren't available in bigger and better versions on home consoles either for the same price or cheaper.

Technically speaking, the Vita has fuck all games that make it worth getting if you own a console or gaming PC. It's not like the DS/3DS were almost none of its good titles are available elsewhere.

That's my opinion as someone who was all in with the machine at launch and still thinks it's a great piece of kit but kind of lost interest when decent original stuff just didn't appear.
    I am shocked at the negativity in this post.

PSN & NNID: Wedjwants

• addyb 19 Jan 2013 17:02:24 834 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Syrette wrote:
    Gregolution wrote:
    LBP
    Playstation All Stars
    Assassins Creed
    COD
    Sine Mora
    Knytts Underground
    Mortal Kombat
    Sonic Racing
    Fifa 13
    Need for Speed
    Great
    Also on PS3
    Mediocre
    Poor
    Old port
    Multiformat
    Also on PS3
    Multiformat
    Multiformat
    Multiformat
    Multiformat

Why do some people not see that people have a problem with the Vita's software because of reasons like the above? Too many multiformat games or average to poor spin-offs.

Some people love the software, some people don't. For some reason the former seem to have a problem with the latter and vice versa. It's not for everyone.
    Greg was just showing a list of what he had got since launch was he not? Of course people have different likes and dislikes so whether or not you like or dislike the majority there has still been quite a few titles launched. The obvious lull was a few months after launch but thats normally the case with most gaming machines.

I personally think the vita has a great catalogue of games so far but like with any games library I can understand and appreciate why others dont agree.
  • Syrette 19 Jan 2013 17:02:38 41,889 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    H1ggyLTD wrote:
    @Syrette Why am i defensive.

Possibly because you're stomping through the thread trying to put a downer on everything.

It doesn't matter if a game is also on PS3, as it's not portable on that, is it.
    Me and a few others, by the looks of it. Didn't realise this wasn't a free discussion forum. I bought a Vita on day one and have spent plenty of money on it, I think I'm entitled as you are to talk about it.

Of course it matters if it's on PS3. How are you going to sell the Vita to PS3 owners if they can get the same game (usually a better version) on that console? I imagine most won't be swayed by being able to play it on the train given the option.

• H1ggyLTD 19 Jan 2013 17:04:13 1,385 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I didn't say you can't talk about it.

And a forum involves you being challenged on your opinion.
  • Syrette 19 Jan 2013 17:05:31 41,889 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    addyb wrote:
    Syrette wrote:
    Gregolution wrote:
    LBP
    Playstation All Stars
    Assassins Creed
    COD
    Sine Mora
    Knytts Underground
    Mortal Kombat
    Sonic Racing
    Fifa 13
    Need for Speed
    Great
    Also on PS3
    Mediocre
    Poor
    Old port
    Multiformat
    Also on PS3
    Multiformat
    Multiformat
    Multiformat
    Multiformat

Greg was just showing a list of what he had got since launch was he not? Of course people have different likes and dislikes so whether or not you like or dislike the majority there has still been quite a few titles launched. The obvious lull was a few months after launch but thats normally the case with most gaming machines.

I personally think the vita has a great catalogue of games so far but like with any games library I can understand and appreciate why others dont agree.
    Yeah, I wasn't really aiming that at him specifically but it looks like I was reading back.

Again I appreciate that some are happy with it, some are indifferent, some aren't happy. I think those on the opposite ends of the spectrum try too hard to convince their 'opponents' to side with them, though.

• heavy_salad 19 Jan 2013 17:05:51 675 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Gregolution wrote:
    heavy_salad wrote:
    The Vita has plenty of games. But mainly because the launch games, and game around that time, were really good on the whole. There's been practically fuck all since.
    LBP
    Playstation All Stars
    Assassins Creed
    COD
    Sine Mora
    Knytts Underground
    Mortal Kombat
    Sonic Racing
    Fifa 13
    Need for Speed

Doesn't seem like fk all to me. They're all relatively recent.
    There's not been a lot. Mortal Kombat came out in May didn't it? Hardly recent. Plus a couple of the games you've listed are meant to be terrible (COD and FIFA).

Don't get me wrong, it's not like there's been nothing - but good new releases have been few and far between.
  • Syrette 19 Jan 2013 17:06:54 41,889 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    H1ggyLTD wrote:
    I didn't say you can't talk about it.

And a forum involves you being challenged on your opinion.
    Don't complain about me and others "stomping around" then. Reads like you have a problem with people using this thread to complain.

• Gregolution 19 Jan 2013 17:12:08 3,116 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Syrette wrote:

I don't have a problem seeing that some people won't like the software. The list I wrote was in response to someone saying there's been 'fk all out on the Vita since release'. I totally disagree. If he'd listed all those games and complained about them being multiformat or not to his liking that would be a totally different thing.
  • addyb 19 Jan 2013 17:19:18 834 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    heavy_salad wrote:
    Gregolution wrote:
    heavy_salad wrote:
    The Vita has plenty of games. But mainly because the launch games, and game around that time, were really good on the whole. There's been practically fuck all since.
    LBP
    Playstation All Stars
    Assassins Creed
    COD
    Sine Mora
    Knytts Underground
    Mortal Kombat
    Sonic Racing
    Fifa 13
    Need for Speed

Doesn't seem like fk all to me. They're all relatively recent.
    There's not been a lot. Mortal Kombat came out in May didn't it? Hardly recent. Plus a couple of the games you've listed are meant to be terrible (COD and FIFA).

Don't get me wrong, it's not like there's been nothing - but good new releases have been few and far between.
    Agree with this. I originally sold my vita shortly after MK came out as there was nothing else I fancied. I always said I would buy another when there was a few more games I was interested in and hence why I bought another 2 week's ago. LBP & Little Kings Story were the games that swayed me along with signing upto ps+ last October.

Whilst I'm happy with the library so far I also do wish there was more original titles and less multi format. It puts me off buying games like Street Fighter X Tekken and Most wanted knowing I can just get the arguably better versions on my ps3.

The overall library of games is extended by the psp games available on psn. I never owned a psp and only borrowed my mate's for a couple of weeks when he was away. So I can imagine I'll have missed a quite a few good games there. I appreciate I might be in the minority in that sense (bypassing the psp)
  • mrpon 19 Jan 2013 17:24:00 27,647 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    With multi platform games are people saying they would never buy the Vita version? Why is that? For me convenience plays a factor, even though I have access to PC/360/PS3.

Give yourself 5 or gig, you're worth it.

• heavy_salad 19 Jan 2013 17:45:40 675 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    mrpon wrote:
    With multi platform games are people saying they would never buy the Vita version? Why is that? For me convenience plays a factor, even though I have access to PC/360/PS3.
    There's a few games where I've gone for the Vita version - NFS, MK, etc. where it's not going to be noticeably an inferior version I guess.

For me, slimmed down versions of full fat games isn't the way to save the console (although I'd love some some of Fallout/Elder Scrolls/Dark Souls spin off if it was done well. IMO it needs more stuff like Zero Escape, or games like some of the better DS games that wouldn't work as well on a PS3/Xbox/PC.
  • consignia 19 Jan 2013 17:46:53 1,433 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Yeah, I prefer the Vita versions of things as well. The ability to pick it up and just switch on whenever makes diving into active just so much easier.

As for actual games, I'll only list the boxed Vita games I've bought (because that's pretty much it):
    Uncharted: Golden Abyss
    Rayman Origins
    Dream Club Zero Portable
    Disgaea 2
    Persona 4 The Golden
    Gravity Rush
    Metal Gear Solid HD Collection
    Virtue's Last Reward
    Hatsune Miku: Project Diva f
    ...and a couple more on order

Which isn't bad considering it's only been out for a year, and I've bought more than I've bought for the 3DS which I've had since launch as well.
  • mrpon 19 Jan 2013 17:54:29 27,647 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Trouble is, where do you draw the line? If you have a decent PC, then 360/PS3/WiiU are clearly the inferior versions. Then you have to factor in AV setup, play on a 21" monitor, 43" TV or 100+ft projector. All considerations for me.

Alternatively you just think fuck it, and pick up the Vita down the side of the sofa.

• Syrette 19 Jan 2013 17:56:38 41,889 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    :lol:

First world problem much?

• mrpon 19 Jan 2013 18:05:22 27,647 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Perhaps you missed my "Are you successful?" thread :)

• Flying_Pig 19 Jan 2013 20:25:43 10,281 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    No one played F1 2011?

Really fancy it myself (like F1 a lot), but it seems to be holding it's price really well :(
  • el_pollo_diablo 19 Jan 2013 21:08:12 2,031 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I've got a PS3 and a vita. Whilst the vita version of say, Need For Speed may be technically inferior, I have a lovely, but television adoring wife.

So I'm all for AAA vita games.
  • jonsaan 19 Jan 2013 21:38:25 25,254 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    My psp digital collection is insanely massive. I can't list them all, it would take too long.

Edited by jonsaan at 21:38:40 19-01-2013

FCUTA!

• santashi 19 Jan 2013 22:46:00 4,937 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @consignia How did you find Dream Club Zero Portable?

PSN ID: finn1
    3DS: 3497-0005-6756

• Syrette 19 Jan 2013 22:58:33 41,889 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Is that Dream Club as in Dream C Club?

You pervert!

• H1ggyLTD 19 Jan 2013 23:00:17 1,385 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    When the day comes that it goes under, i'm buying the biggest card available at the time, and going nuts on enough games to last a lifetime, including all the Final Fantasies.
  • addyb 19 Jan 2013 23:52:39 834 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    H1ggyLTD wrote:
    When the day comes that it goes under, i'm buying the biggest card available at the time, and going nuts on enough games to last a lifetime, including all the Final Fantasies.
    I need to slow down at present. Over the past 3 days ive bought 8 games (4 physical) and 30 mins ago bought Persona 4 Golden from avforums classifieds.

Quite intrigued to play P4G
  • santashi 20 Jan 2013 09:56:38 4,937 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Syrette wrote:
    Is that Dream Club as in Dream C Club?

You pervert!
    I think it's a series? I saw some trailers on Youtube and it seemed like an odd concept for a game so I'm curious if it actually gels or not. A card collecting karaoke host club? I don't imagine it would ever get a western release somehow. :D

PSN ID: finn1
    3DS: 3497-0005-6756

• PazJohnMitch 20 Jan 2013 10:30:51 7,276 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Flying_Pig wrote:
    No one played F1 2011?

Really fancy it myself (like F1 a lot), but it seems to be holding it's price really well :(
    Blockbuster had it cheap before Christmas.
  • fb77 20 Jan 2013 10:46:10 102 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    el_pollo_diablo wrote:
    I've got a PS3 and a vita. Whilst the vita version of say, Need For Speed may be technically inferior, I have a lovely, but television adoring wife.

So I'm all for AAA vita games.
    Amazon had these for 125, and I was lucky enough to pick one up. In married life, it's known as a win-win item!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Gaems-G155-Mobile-Gaming-Environment/dp/B004XGN8W4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1358678609&sr=8-1
  • Page

of 4 First / Last