Sim City Page 66

• Page

of 66 First / Last

Next
  • X201 6 Sep 2013 13:38:31 15,576 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Its a shame really, as despite the glitches I really enjoyed playing the Eurogamer city with others.
  • teamHAM 11 Jan 2014 22:28:37 3,046 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    So, does anyone still play this?

I recently had to buy a new laptop and so decided to give this a whirl again. Of course I literally couldn't play it, it just jams on "updating update data" when you first try to install it and patch it up. Upon a quick browse on the EA forums this seems to be a widespread issue as of Jan 2014.

10 months from launch and this shit is still going on. What a clusterfuck.

XBox Live, Origin, PSN and Steam: teamHAM

• Razz 12 Jan 2014 00:25:20 61,391 posts
    Seen 50 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Oh really? :D Still? Bloody hell. I was actually thinking about giving i another play, I guess not then.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
    Steam/PSN/XBOX: Razztafarai | 3DS: 1246-9674-8856
    --------------------------------------------------------------------

• teamHAM 12 Jan 2014 00:41:13 3,046 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Well I think if you have it already installed it will work. I did play a couple of months ago and it was fine, but since I had to do a fresh install it's been playing silly buggers. Looks like a lot of people got it for Christmas so the forums are ablaze with fires of rage.

XBox Live, Origin, PSN and Steam: teamHAM

• dsmx 12 Jan 2014 00:48:12 7,648 posts
    Seen 37 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I knew this simcity was going to be a clusterfuck of a launch but I never imagined it would be this bad. I don't get how you can take simcity 4 and aside from the graphics make it worse in every respect.

"If we hit that bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a a house of cards, checkmate." Zapp Brannigan

• Physically_Insane 12 Jan 2014 08:40:59 8,982 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I tried to give it a shot a couple of weeks ago. I wanted to continue my online game. "The server is full in this region." Huh, ok, I guess I'll play you another time game.
  • JoeBlade 12 Jan 2014 14:00:41 2,582 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I've no interest in the new SC due to the online requirement and overall EA policies but I do have to chuckle every time someone lauds SC4 as being the definitive SC version, or at least being immensely superior to the new one.
    I vividly remember there being just as much bitching and moaning about SC4 back in the day as there is about the new one. And it wasn't unjustified either.

I've tried getting back into SC4 not so long ago and I put it down again fairly quickly.
    Graphical sluggishness, particularly zooming/scrolling on the largest maps combined with huge traffic problems (I don't have Rush Hour because I still refuse to purchase an expansion that fixes a fundamental issue in the base game) and the very annoying demand vs. actual influx quirks (influx stagnates at certain points despite high demand unless specific hidden requirements are met) just annoyed the fuck out of me.

It's not a bad game but I feel there are a lot of rose tinted glasses involved when players think of SC4 so very fondly.

Edited by JoeBlade at 14:02:33 12-01-2014
  • JoeBlade 12 Jan 2014 14:30:40 2,582 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @arials101 I'm aware Rush Hour adds more than a fix for the inherent traffic issues. But purchasing it is the only means of fixing them, which is what I have a fundamental problem with.

As for mods, I've looked into them but 99% seem cosmetic (additional buildings and landmarks, new road styles, that sort of thing) Nothing that fixes the aspects I mentioned earlier as far as I can tell.

However, you're entirely right about SC4 being unbeaten since its release. That is, unfortunately, also in a very large part due to the lack of releases in this specific subgenre though :(
  • Khanivor 13 Jan 2014 16:47:55 40,937 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    So, I'm thinking of going back and deleting all posts I made defending the always online aspect...
  • TarickStonefire 13 Jan 2014 16:49:53 3,240 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Khanivor wrote:
    So, I'm thinking of going back and deleting all posts I made defending the always online aspect...
    Rather than trying to retcon your past opinion to fit your current opinion, and rendering the thread nonsensical where people have earnestly discussed this with you, why not just (if you absolutely have to) edit each comment to add that you've since changed your mind, or whatever?

Or, not bother and leave it, coz nobody goes back to read that stuff.

;)

Any Netflix library in the world for a couple of quid a month? Gimme!

• darkmorgado 14 Jan 2014 16:14:59 15,566 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Own up Khan.

Khan?

KHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN?

Support the Mowgli Dirty Protest!

• bodhi85uk 19 Jan 2014 18:27:21 179 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I gave up when I realised I had to keep building pseudo-cities in my region to supply my *actual* cities with utilities, because the play area was so small, and if the density increased anymore the city became gridlocked.
  • SnowmanRR 5 Mar 2014 21:39:42 76 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Has there been any announcement on when this will be patched for offline play?
  • Page

of 66 First / Last

Next