of 66 First / Last

• superdelphinus 16 Mar 2013 22:37:32 8,127 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Lollington grammar
  • Randomlampy 16 Mar 2013 22:52:00 580 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Didn't get a chance to get on today, Mrs Lampy got hooked into a new city and seeing as I just bought a new camera didn't have the heart to steal the PC from her :) Annoyingly despite her lack of experience her city is doing better than any of mine. I blame the random element.

Interesting read on RPS there too, would be interesting to see how the game develops in the coming weeks and months with all this drama.

As for me, I'm not fuming about the state of the game or anything, I took a punt knowing full well about the DRM/Online and for now I'm not seeing any of the huge bugs. On this occasion I don't mind being seen to "reward" EA's choices with a sale if it also shows that there is a market for this kind of game.
  • Razz 16 Mar 2013 22:52:58 61,666 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    @Khanivor
    Hey man, which great work do you want for Isles 1? I'm asking everyone, so far it;'s 2 votes for Space Shuttle, Myself and Shamblemonkey, TeamHAM is undecided. I'm willing to front the cost to activate it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
    Steam/PSN/XBOX: Razztafarai | 3DS: 1246-9674-8856

• Razz 16 Mar 2013 22:53:16 61,666 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Same for you Lampy

• X201 16 Mar 2013 22:53:53 15,761 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    How many schools do you lot put in your cities?

I've got a school and a college that both have spare capacity(and a working school bus system), yet the game keeps telling me to place more schools to support industry that wants a higher skilled work force.

Edited by X201 at 22:54:45 16-03-2013
  • superdelphinus 16 Mar 2013 22:55:22 8,127 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
  • X201 16 Mar 2013 22:58:56 15,761 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Razz wrote:
    @Khanivor
    Hey man, which great work do you want for Isles 1? I'm asking everyone, so far it;'s 2 votes for Space Shuttle, Myself and Shamblemonkey, TeamHAM is undecided. I'm willing to front the cost to activate it.
    Do whatever you want, I'm unlikely to be able to contribute :(
    Really struggling with my plot. I've got to the point where I think I doing something fundamentaly wrong in the game.

Edited by X201 at 22:59:38 16-03-2013
  • Razz 16 Mar 2013 22:59:54 61,666 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    So 3 for Space Station! Which plot do you have? The oil rich one?

• Randomlampy 16 Mar 2013 23:02:11 580 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @Razz Let me have a peruse tomorrow matey, if I can't decide I'll go with the majority.

/is unhelpful :p
  • X201 16 Mar 2013 23:02:56 15,761 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    The one on the coast with a small amount of oil and ore and a bloody big cliff in the middle of it.
  • RobAnybody 16 Mar 2013 23:24:12 946 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Post deleted
  • teamHAM 16 Mar 2013 23:30:50 3,153 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Razz wrote:
    So 3 for Space Station! Which plot do you have? The oil rich one?
    I'm happy with a Space Station matey.

XBox Live, Origin, PSN and Steam: teamHAM

• Razz 16 Mar 2013 23:44:47 61,666 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    So I guess that's a majority vote! 4 out of 7 votes for the space centre.

Here's what we need.

[code]Construction Resources:

40,000 crates of Computers
    1,400 tons of Alloy
    170,000 barrels of Fuel[/code]

I've got plenty of alloy from my recycling centre and I'm making processors. I will pay for the great work too, we need someone to do the fuel though.

As it also costs 300p/h, I'll wait to buy it until we sort out the details.

Edited by Razz at 23:45:46 16-03-2013

• Khanivor 17 Mar 2013 00:14:47 41,302 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Fucking spaceships man, fucking spaceships.
  • vijay_UK 17 Mar 2013 01:11:22 2,380 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    vijay_UK wrote:
    teamHAM wrote:
    vijay_UK wrote:

EU West 6 full :\
    During peak times nearly all the servers are full for players that haven't already created something on the server. All the Europe West ones are anyway. You need to get on during quiet time and make a solo city so that you can get back in when it's busy (until I manage to invite you to the EG region).
    Cheers for that Ham.
    Doesn't look like I'll be able to get onto EU West 6, well gutted about that. This was lifted from their server status web page:

Full:
    If a server is listed as FULL, you will not be allowed to join that server unless you have an earlier city saved on it. If you already have a city saved on that server, the server will be accessible.

http://www.simcity.com/en_US/server-status
  • X201 17 Mar 2013 06:04:57 15,761 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Razz wrote:
    we need someone to do the fuel though.
    I've got a refinery, but its not up to rocket fuel standard yet.
  • neems 17 Mar 2013 08:02:55 1,475 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    If there is still a space on EG Isles 2 then sign me up please (I'm already on EW6, so shouldn't be a problem).
  • CaptainKerbal 17 Mar 2013 08:13:23 406 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Jazzy_Geoff wrote:
    CaptainKerbal wrote:
    Ea said it needed online to work, I bought it on that basis. Not experienced and of the graphics flaws EG review did.

It doesn't need online to work though, that's the point.
    Yikes stupid autocorrect butchered that sentence ! That's what I get for typing on a phone I guess.

My understanding of the various reports is that whilst it does not need online technically as much as EA wants people to believe, it does need it to fully function.

I totally do not get what the uproar is, especially given the UK launch was smoother and no worse than any other game which had an online component. Not ideal, but far from Diablo 3 style disaster which I found left me unable to play the game at all for the best part of two weeks, and even then the experience was very sketchy.

EA did not pull a last minute announcement of the online features, it was clear from early previews. If people don't like it, don't buy it, or pay more attention to what you are buying.

Is it wrong that consumers have to expect the first week(s) of online features of a new game are going to be rough ? Sure, but given the lack of some kind of unworkable law or other crazy demands that is what we have to deal with.

That store page ? /careface. Does anyone need that stuff ? No. Will some people want it ? Yes. Problem, for anyone who actually cares about the game and does not just want to find something to rage at EA for ? None. If its really that price and does not sell, it'll come down. Given that UK retail is getting 7.99 city packs then I suspect $15 is about right unfortunately.
  • Laserbream 17 Mar 2013 09:14:53 497 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @CaptainKerbal I think the uproar stems from the revelations about exactly how little EA servers are actually adding to the experience.

Diablo 3 had server side loot generation and monster AI as a fig leaf, but all EA servers appear to be doing is hosting save games and basic information about what neighbouring cities can offer/take.

A separate issue is the state of the simulation, i.e. insane AI behaviour. I personally find it hard to believe that no one noticed the crap traffic behaviour and broken RCI system during testing. The implication there being that they were well aware of the problems but shoved the game out of the door anyway.

I'm looking forward to the inevitable insider look from an ex Maxis employee in a few years time.
  • CaptainKerbal 17 Mar 2013 09:41:42 406 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I guess, I just tend to think that the people in uproar are not the people who bought the game - excluding those who could not access at all on launch - ultimately the whole time my PC is on, its online. My router is on 24/7.

Each to their own I guess.

Bugs wise, the only thing my city seems to experience is some kind of delay in sim comments compared to what is going on but I put that down to the delay in effect of something going in, just like in real life. I don't doubt others are experiencing worse, just that I don't think the issues are quite as widespread as its made out to be.

The beta tests didnt do much because I guess a lot of people like me saw how long the download was going to take, then found when they could get it working that they could not log on, so uninstalled and didnt retry when the subsequent betas were tried. EA should have done all preorders=beta access and had more capacity, or done the betas over longer periods than a weekend. Or allowed preloading.
  • Errol 17 Mar 2013 09:50:12 12,566 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Six slots on Isla Fisher Island still free (my region on EU West 6).

origin id - maxkeiser
  • urban 17 Mar 2013 10:03:06 11,070 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Kerbal, why would someone who doesn't have internet access complain online?

Jeez
  • teamHAM 17 Mar 2013 10:05:05 3,153 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @vijay_UK

Yeah that's what I was talking about. On the quieter periods they will lift the FULL status and let new players join. Fri-Sun is easily the busiest time of the week so most of the European servers are locked down to new players.

• teamHAM 17 Mar 2013 10:10:04 3,153 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @neems

Invited mate.

@vijay_UK

I've still got a slot for you if you can get on the server..?

• X201 17 Mar 2013 10:27:33 15,761 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Right, I've made a decision, as soon as I've got the petroleum trade doobry, I'll go for the fuel supply franchise for the space station on EG Isle 1.

I haven't got much oil underground, but If you lot supply the global market with what you can, that should help lower the global price and enable me to fund my city and buy in oil to supply the fuel.
  • DuvaDan88 17 Mar 2013 10:34:45 543 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    So ive been away for a few days so missed a this thread. I take it no one is playing on the EG plots anymore? If there was space on one of the new ones I would be happy to fill it.

Xbox, Steam - DuvaDan
    3DS 4639-9278-1687
    Feel free to add me

• teamHAM 17 Mar 2013 10:58:11 3,153 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    DuvaDan88 wrote:
    I take it no one is playing on the EG plots anymore?
    You thought wrong.

• DuvaDan88 17 Mar 2013 11:10:08 543 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Ok, will carry on with the plot on EW2 then. Ive given up on EW6 tho hardley anyone on there and the few that were are to far apart to help each other

Xbox, Steam - DuvaDan
    3DS 4639-9278-1687
    Feel free to add me

• Kafeen 17 Mar 2013 11:10:21 555 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Still no invite for me :(
  • urban 17 Mar 2013 11:21:00 11,070 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I have abandoned my city on the first region. My road system was fucked and I simply did not have the space to exploit the resources or the neighbours with enough stuff to help. Doomed Black rock.
  • Page

of 66 First / Last