Sim City Page 52

• Page

of 66 First / Last

• Razz 16 Mar 2013 11:21:54 61,391 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    secombe wrote:
    @Razz Where did that image come from? $14.99 is insane!
    The cracked version people are using lets you access the source code and dev menu. People are finding shit like this every day. Anyway, here's my source.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
    Steam/PSN/XBOX: Razztafarai | 3DS: 1246-9674-8856

• vijay_UK 16 Mar 2013 11:23:53 2,261 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    teamHAM wrote:
    @vijay_UK

I will keep a slot for you on Isles 2 if you want one.
    Thank you very much Ham.

I'll try to get into EU West 6 later on tonight.
  • Razz 16 Mar 2013 11:24:36 61,391 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    @teamHAM
    Check out this awesome post I found regarding that store:

[code]Yare_Owns 48 points 1 day ago (55|11)
    Cost/benefit. This would have been my plan if I were in charge of business strategy for SimCity:
    1) Claim to support modding
    2) Allow users to make content for the game
    3) That content is submitted to a SimCity Digital Store
    4) Only the best content is released, after being tuned/balanced by Maxis
    5) Standard 70/30 author/publisher split.
    EA would make a killing doing this, and they wouldn't have to do any work. But it will only work if you can't run with 3rd party mods installed.
    And let's face it -no matter what it does to their reputation, 3rd-party mods just won't be allowed. What if I download a sweet building but my region-mates don't have it downloaded? It doesn't work. The only way new content can function in the always-online SimCity is if it gets patched to everybody.
    They're just not going to allow mods that could give users an advantage in leaderboards, region competitions, allow region griefing, or dig into microtransaction plans.
    The real money is in running a content publishing platform, and they'd sooner shut the game down entirely than give that up.
    //Edit:
    I suspect they don't care about cosmetic mods, but who knows? Maybe they plan on selling UI mods and building skins in the SimCity Store, too."[/code]

source

Makes sense eh? Such a shame because it was mods that made Simcity 4 the great game it is today, and in the past they were free. EA will bee nickel and diming us for years. :(

Edited by Razz at 11:27:41 16-03-2013

• TarickStonefire 16 Mar 2013 11:29:10 3,240 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @Razz Just don't buy any more EA bullshit, and don't buy any of their DLC packs. Simple.

Any Netflix library in the world for a couple of quid a month? Gimme!

• TarickStonefire 16 Mar 2013 11:32:04 3,240 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Razz wrote:
    @TarickStonefire LOL! Welcome to last week. It's the reason why people have been moaning about it. The game is broken and this is why: http://answers.ea.com/t5/Miscellaneous-Issues/Traffic-quot-AI-quot-This-is-why-services-and-traffic-are-broken/td-p/737060
    Hi, yeah me and last week are intimately acquainted, I've been reading the revelations about this game every single day! ;)

What I was curious about was, seeing as the forum here seems to be cheerfully enjoying the game, I wondered if none of you were experiencing the deeply disappointing and ever-worsening limitations of the so-called 'simulation', as you all seem pretty positive.

But, I wasn't checking in on this thread over the last week, which is perhaps what you meant. Have a lot of EG players given up and buggered off?

Just trying to get a flavour of what people playing it actually think, rather than the media cheerfully cramming as many gawkers as possible through the door to read their scathing articles about the shambles...

Edited by TarickStonefire at 11:33:05 16-03-2013

• TarickStonefire 16 Mar 2013 11:35:46 3,240 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Holy shit Razz, is that an image from inside the game? Jesus Christ, $60 for a broken fucking farce and then they're planning to charge $15 for some fucking buildings?!

That's it, the Mac version of this is off my list for good, no matter how many patches they make. Fuck that. Oh well :(

Tropico 3 it is, I guess, seeing as Tropico 4 still isn't on the Mac. :(

EDIT: Hmm, Reddit pointing out those could just be placeholder prices. That would make sense, I can't imagine even EA trying to shift a few poxy building graphics for a quarter of the price of the entire game.

Not changing my mind about buying though.

Edited by TarickStonefire at 11:42:36 16-03-2013

• Razz 16 Mar 2013 11:44:33 61,391 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Ah I love Tropico 4. It's all work and no play for El Presidente! I actually play Simcity with the TRopico 3 and 4 soundtrack playing the background! playlist here

I don't think that price is correct if you think about it. $14.99 for one item? Even EA isn't that greedy. If the price is correct, it might be one item from a larger pack.

Edited by Razz at 11:45:14 16-03-2013

• TarickStonefire 16 Mar 2013 11:46:37 3,240 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @Razz Yeah I agree on the price actually.

The EG review makes me feel not so bad about no Tropico 4 on the Mac, reckons 3 is a better game, but I'm sure I already played a lot of it and moved on...

I just wanna build a city and try not to let it go to rack and ruin!

• Razz 16 Mar 2013 11:49:31 61,391 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    @TarickStonefire There was a lot of talk about these huge problems with the game logic a few pages back, but now we're just resigned to try and play it bit despite the issues. Maxis have alreazdy they're beginning to work on these issues so hopefully they'll be fixed soon. To be honest, much to my shame, I'm still enjoying the game despite it being a broken mess. If they fix it, it can only get better. Hopefully...

• Errol 16 Mar 2013 12:07:38 12,497 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Anyone want to join my region on EU west 6 - Isla Fisher Island

I have some spaces - send me a friend request:

maxkeiser
  • teamHAM 16 Mar 2013 12:47:06 3,055 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    They have already said they are working on fixes to the traffic system which will then trickle down and fix the systems that determine power/water/waste distribution etc because they all use the same agent system.

Yes there are issues with routing above systems sometimes but I wouldn't consider it unplayable at all. Buggy yes but not unplayable.

XBox Live, Origin, PSN and Steam: teamHAM

• teamHAM 16 Mar 2013 12:53:39 3,055 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Eurogamer Isles now full.

Eurogamer Isles 2 has one space left for a regular player.

• Khanivor 16 Mar 2013 14:34:22 40,940 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    It's far from flawless but that's par for the course. All Sim Citys have been annoying as fuck as well as more addictive than meth and chips.
  • Khanivor 16 Mar 2013 14:41:32 40,940 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    What really sucks now is the fatal lag on the region chat. Useless. Any of the Isles lot wanna use third party so maybe we can actually chat?

Or, shudder, a group?
  • magicpanda 16 Mar 2013 14:46:25 13,406 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    What's with all the outrage over a store page mockup?
  • Stickman 16 Mar 2013 15:36:34 29,666 posts
    Seen 4 weeks ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I'LL CUT YOU, MOTHERFUCKER!

THIS SPACE FOR RENT

• thedaveeyres 16 Mar 2013 15:54:13 11,256 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    All aboard the Hate Train. Choo choo motherfucker.

D****** ******r

XBLA: Hamster Trippin
    Steam: thedaveeyres
    PSN: HamsterTrippin

• X201 16 Mar 2013 18:39:49 15,577 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    magicpanda wrote:
    What's with all the outrage over a store page mockup?
    How dare they have DLC like every other game has. My sense of entitlement that I should have everything associated with the game for free is feeling very aggrieved.

Or some such.
  • Khanivor 16 Mar 2013 19:19:09 40,940 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    The poutrage over this lets you know just how long we have to go before gaming is considered an adult pastime.
  • teamHAM 16 Mar 2013 19:23:43 3,055 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    If you've got buses be careful; I found out tonight that buses sometimes like to just sit at a bus stop without moving for hours on end just blocking whole avenues up!

• Jazzy_Geoff 16 Mar 2013 19:44:51 7,767 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Are you not annoyed that ea lied to you about the nature of the online services attached to this game, their relation to DRM and why that meant that you can't play single payer? They've admitted that all the complex server side calculations chat was bullshit ffs.
  • CaptainKerbal 16 Mar 2013 20:06:29 391 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Ea said it needed online to work, I bought it on that basis. Not experienced and of the graphics flaws EG review did.
  • RobAnybody 16 Mar 2013 20:26:36 924 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    More on running the game offline, etc:

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2013/03/16/simcity-modder-tells-us-offline-regional-play-easily-done/

Edited by RobAnybody at 20:41:47 16-03-2013
  • urban 16 Mar 2013 20:43:01 10,977 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Their moderating of the blog comments and now forums seems very draconian. What a PR nightmare for Maxis. Digging this games grave a little deeper everyday
  • Jazzy_Geoff 16 Mar 2013 20:50:40 7,767 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    CaptainKerbal wrote:
    Ea said it needed online to work, I bought it on that basis. Not experienced and of the graphics flaws EG review did.

It doesn't need online to work though, that's the point.
  • Jazzy_Geoff 16 Mar 2013 21:10:10 7,767 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I suppose what I'm asking is - all the crap that went on in the first week, all the login problems, the shitty auto save, the rolls backs, the sever specific saves, the delays and all the other shit that people are still experiencing as well as the lack of single player, doesn't it bother you that the only reason all that happened was because of DRM and EA lied though their teeth about it repeatedly? Doesn't it annoy you that all the bugs and problems that result from the fact that the game design was too ambitious could probably be solved if the calculations really were being done on the server like ea claimed?

I get that the game is fun when it works, despite all the bad press I keep having to fight the temptation to buy it myself, but you must be a pit pissed off about the hassle and the lies, surely?
  • Jazzy_Geoff 16 Mar 2013 21:49:46 7,767 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Hmmm, could teamHAM be an EA forummer for hire? It's happened before on here IIRC.

(Joke)
  • Carlo 16 Mar 2013 22:16:25 18,093 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    teamHAM wrote:
    Eurogamer Isles now full.

Eurogamer Isles 2 has one space left for a regular player.
    Is that space left on out region ever going to be taken?

PSN ID: Djini

• superdelphinus 16 Mar 2013 22:28:43 8,089 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Big thumbs up at the word 'poutrage'
  • Razz 16 Mar 2013 22:35:46 61,391 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    The funniest part being no one in the thread displayed any anger towards the store picture.

• Page

of 66 First / Last